19 coaches online • Server time: 04:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

someone in chat told me that Plasmoid is asking all these "hypothetical" questions as he along with dode is part of some new BBRC type thing for the BB computer game and/or the new box set coming out next year.

I hope the person that told me this is very very wrong. Martin if you can please put my mind at ease it would be appreciated. As we do not need stupid kick skills, we also do not need a big guy overhaul, just reduce ogres, rat ogres and minos by 10k. Oh and remove decay from TGs if you count them.

I'm quite sure this is nonsense, but just best to make sure Smile
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't be surprised, sadly.

For the record I would remove Loner and Nega Traits and keep them at the same price.
Big guys should be the stars of the game imo, not one turners and cpombers.
Maybe remove Trees from Woodies then and would have to look at the Krox.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Neg traits add the character. That's a lot of character removed if you did do that. There does seem to be a fair amount of bias on whom is chosen to work on Cyanide's stuff. I'll keep my opinion to myself, but generally it's well know what I think.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Neg traits add the character. That's a lot of character removed if you did do that.

Only in your opinion. I like Always Hungry and the old Mino Blood Greed rule. They add(ed) a lot of character imo, and without being crippling like RS and WA.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well they add character......that's not opinion. Whether that's good or not, that's opinion.

WA/Frenzy combo is a good representation of being Berserk. I feel we should have more Berserker type players in the game.
tussock

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

TGs are fine with decay (someone's got to be worse than Humans), just add it to Nurgle Warriors, those things live way too long.

But yeah, the bigs are mostly overpriced because they don't get the discount for players over 100k, like all the elf teams are full of, even though they're the only player over 100k on a whole bunch of teams. So Troll at 100k, Tree at 110k, the rest at 120k, those are normal prices.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 13:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Garion wrote:
I was good in the old ruleset

Ah, but I'm good in the new ruleset

Twisted Evil

The problem is flat cost skills, now what was the question?

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
TGs are fine with decay (someone's got to be worse than Humans), just add it to Nurgle Warriors, those things live way too long.

Khemri sucks without Decay anyway due to clawpomb and overpriced positionals.
Nurgle Warriors have GSM access, Tomb Guardians only S, there is a huge difference between the two players.
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Shame on all of you for not noticing the Snow Troll isn't in the list!!!

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

mr-maverick wrote:
Shame on all of you for not noticing the Snow Troll isn't in the list!!!

good point really, the last thing Norse needed was another frenzy low av player, would much rather he was Av9 and no frenzy.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

No it's not, it's there.

Yeehtee (Norse)

It was renamed from Icepelt to CRP. FUMBBL uses Icepelt basically, where CRP is.........Kind of official.
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Garion,
nope - I'm not part of any such group.
I was and am just geniunely curious about pricing.

IMO, some (but not all) short term issues could be fixed with pricing, while some long term issues could be fixed with skill/skill-access.

Cheers
Martin
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ok cool.

Cheers for getting back to me. you know if such a group exists?

To answer your post seriously -
Big Guys are generally fine, personally I didn't like the change from Big Guy to Loner it added more luck 'in game' more 50% rolls aren't my cup of tea.
Personally I would like one of these 3 things to happen around Loner,
1, Just get rid of it completely and allow the RR, negatrait is bad enough.
2, Don't let them RR at all, makes pro more appealing to big guys again (like in LRB4), also gets rid of pure luck rolls from in game.
3, Make Loner tie in with skill level to encourage big guys to become legend: Rookie players can RR on a 6, next level 5, then 4 and so on, until they become a legend at which point there is no roll to make. If this was the rules I would say for TT tournaments please specify Big Guy roll in the rules pack its up to the tournament organiser whether it is no RR 4+ or what ever.

Any of these options are preferable to the 50% roll we have now.

Big guys are a little over priced with the exception of trees and trolls, I cant remember anyone ever complaining when they were all 110 or 120 tbh. Kroxigors should stay the same price because lizardmen as a whole are fine as they are. Beast, ogre, Snow Troll/Yheti, Rat Ogre and mino all need a 10k decrease. Or in the case of Rat Ogre I would be fine with them keeping their price and returning to ag3, I thought a rat ogre ball carrier was cool. It was a shame they lost that fun option.

Oh yeah almost forgot, if loner does stay in some form, stunty team big guys shouldnt get it at all, so remove it from goblins and Underworld basically.

These are my feelings on BGs.

While we are on rule changes, +1 self assist for fouls should return, apo and regeneration shouldn't work on crowd surfs, Secret Weapon rolls returning are a must, and PO shouldnt stack.

Last edited by Garion on %b %17, %2016 - %18:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Imo, the LRB4 costs were just fine.
Loner is an adequate improvement for a playertype already hard to use at the old cost.

Of course pricing is a bit up for debate. If you want it to be unattractive to run big guys, the pricing is fine. Since you're limited to 1 of this type usually I think it should be attractive to take tho.

Hence it should have a cost that makes you want to take it.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I would remove Loner as well.
Negatraits, no regular G access and clawpomb make Big Guys not so strong and appealing, especially as the TV increases.
 Jump to: