21 coaches online • Server time: 02:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Steam is rising from the charred and cracked wasteland plateux as the final whistle blows. Pinhead looks up and slowly surveys the scene before him. The pitch is littered with broken bones and pieces of armour covered with hieroglyphic markings. A couple of thralls are also still lying prone on the barren ground. He is not sure whether they are alive or dead (nor does he particularly care).

He exchanges a toothy grin with his vampiric teammate who is standing a few feet away, toying casually with the single, taloned glove that he wears. It has been a tough start to the season, but finally all the hard work and merciless thrall beatings have paid off and the team has won its first game. Each of the vampires played marvelously and, for once, their thirst for victory exceeded their thirst for blood!

As the defeated Khemri team shambles away to lick their wounds, Pinhead walks over to one of the prone thralls and grabs him with two fingers by the eye sockets, prompting a dull groan of pain. Seconds later, he dematerializes, along with the thrall, and pulls its essence into a small, intricately carved grey cube, which shivers briefly and then starts bleeding onto the ground. Another thrall dutifully picks up the cube, puts it in his pocket, and then walks off back to the slave wagon.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2016 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

C'mon guys, we need some more chat going on about the league! Where's the passion? Where's the fire?! Sad

Can anyone stop Love and Hat in the West, or Snoqualmie Pollywogs in the East? Are they going to have a 'World Series' game to decide the overall champ? If so, who will win it?

Great job on updating the top lists on the group page, Painstate. One question though - what does 'triple' mean?

Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2016 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Great job on updating the top lists on the group page, Painstate. One question though - what does 'triple' mean?

If he's using Shraaag's stats, it means 3 SPP generating events in a single game. Usually a pass, a CAS and a TD.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2016 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok cool, thanks Cavetroll. Are you tempted to join in next season? Wink

wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2016 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The Keg Busters squared off against BubbaDave’s undefeated Love and Hat last night, a match with a lot on the line for PDX. They came in at third in the league, but with plenty of contenders nipping at their heels. They decided to invite along Willhelm Chaney (claws? We wanted his catching abilities!) along with 5 journeymen (hat tip to Licker’s hard-working zombies) to round out the roster. The north winds must have been blowing, however, as PDX anticipated the Chaos Dwarf offensive formation with Perfect Defense on the opening drive. One loner still went down, but Birch countered with a casualty of his own. On turn two, the Norse got an opportunity and hit the BC, eventually recovering and running in a TD. Kicked off again, and it was yet another Perfect Defense! This time the kick was deep, and the bull sent back to retrieve it tripped on what appeared to be some sort of communicator device?, stunning himself. Norse rushed the backfield, and after some bobbling (including a big hit on the blodging bull by Chaney), snagged another TD on turn 7. To end the half, they yet again got Perfect Defense, just to rub a little salt in the wound. Second half was less crazy – Love and Hat managed a solid defense despite gradually going down players, but everything kept coming up roses for the Norse, including a missed catch that bounced off another player and back to the intended receiver, who caught it the second time around. Sombrero even popped the ball partway through the half, but Chaney again came through and PDX was able to score to make it 3-0. All in all, it was a game the kind of game that grudges are built on, and we look forward to a doozy next time we meet!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2016 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

you know, i really would like to play a game again, ever....

Scheduled against Thespian's Vimur River Raiders (Seen 4d ago).

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Sacriledge round off their first season in the NWL (East Coast) with a hard-fought 1-0 win against Quinn's Kansas Blue Bashers (Chaos Pact). It was a very close game, with lots of quirky dice. Man of the match for the vamps goes to Thrall Fletch, who dodged and picked up with no reroll to hand off to one of the lurking vamps for a TD at the end of the first half.

Second half, the vamps received and tried to break through a solid pact line, but to no avail. With player numbers steadily falling, they eventually ran out of places to hide and got sacked. Luckily, through some more valiant Thrall dodge/blitzing, they managed to hold off the chaos team just enough until the very last turn, where the Kansas Bashers had an opportunity to pick-up/hand-off for the equalizer. Luckily for the vamps, Nuffle bestowed his grace upon them as the Marauder fumbbled the pickup, and that was it.

Thanks again for the game, Quinn. It was a very close one and you had some bad luck at the end. Good luck to your team next season! Smile

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Btw, only 1 MVP on a vamp in 9 games? Pfft!

What's wrong with these pundits? Razz

Marasai

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The Big Ork Mob Boyz lost their last game 0-3 to close out a miserable 2-2-5. At this point I'm wondering if I should just fire the whole team and then myself as a coach.
ignatzami

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to take a moment to address the frankly insulting allegations that the Pollywogs bought off Arcayn. The reports that he was last seen in the Bretonnia with a bag of Lustrian gold are completely fabricated....

The allegations that the new turf in the Pollywogs stadium is lumpier around the 10 yard line... those are true, but unrelated.

That is all.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2016 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

OK it is official now.

Love and Hat has won Season #30 West conference

Snoqualmie Pollywogs have won Season #30 Eastern Conference.

On wed. when I get into work any matches still outstanding on Round #9 will be deemed forfeit and no team will be awarded points. So, get your last matches of the season played.

I will be starting up the NWL recruitment drive for Season #31. Depending on # of applicants and so forth one of these two things will happen.

#1 IF we get enough new blood for each conference I will then promote the top 4/5 teams in each conference to the premier of that conference. I will take the bottom 5/6 teams and they go to conference play against the rookie teams.

#2 IF we do not get enough new blood for the NWL, then we will keep everyone in the same group with the few rookie teams. Now that would mean each conference will have 11+ teams. We will stick with the 9 game format. So what that means is I will forfeit out the first couple rounds until we hit the magic #9.

Example. We have 12 teams in the East. That means an 11 round tournament. I will go in and forfeit the first two rounds across the board and we start on week #3...thus leaving us 9 rounds to go.

I have found that 8-9 rounds is ideal. Once you hit 10+ rounds in a league season, man, that can drag out for a long time and you most likely lose interest from the coaches at the bottom of the standings. Which is not good for long term league play.

Now I will go into this is in greater detail next week. Here is the executive summary.

All teams will be given league points, found in the team section. These points will be awarded based on final standings in each conference. So all teams will get league points for Season #30 and season #31.

Then in season #32 the top 5 teams in the East will square off against the top 5 teams in the West. Season #32 will be to determine the overall winner of NWL for 2016. So, all teams in the champions league will play against each, THERE WILL BE NO SPLIT BETWEEN EAST AND WEST THIS SEASON FOR THOSE TEAMS.

All the teams not in the Champions league will play our normal format for season #32.

Once season #33 starts up all the Champions League teams will go back into the conference premier div for that season.

Season #33/#34/#35 will be regular season play, normal format and then #36 will be at the end of 2017 and we once again use league points to determine our top 5 teams in each conference for the 2017 Champions League to determine our overall winner.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2016 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Any coach who wishes to jump into NWL for season #31 all you need to do is post in this thread or send me a PM.

NWL has two conferences for you to choose. You can join the east which is for coaches who like to play on Eastern Time zone for matches and a West who prefer matches played on Pacific time zone.

You are free to choose which conference you play in regardless of where you live.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2016 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be interested in joining.

I live in the Pacific time zone but I get off work and go to bed earlier than most so I don't have much trouble playing against Eastern people.

I guess my preference would be to go West, but would have no problem going East for balance reasons if needed.

Not sure on a team atm, any idea of when this will be kicking off?
ignatzami

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2016 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

sbr32 wrote:
I would be interested in joining.

I live in the Pacific time zone but I get off work and go to bed earlier than most so I don't have much trouble playing against Eastern people.

I guess my preference would be to go West, but would have no problem going East for balance reasons if needed.

Not sure on a team atm, any idea of when this will be kicking off?

I'm in Seattle, but went for the Eastern conference for the same reasons.
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2016 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

NWL Season #31 has kicked off. The NWL is growing in numbers and I think in season #32 we can get back into the groove and go full blown Promotion/Demotion.