30 coaches online • Server time: 12:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for nitpicking. The possibility to add LRB6/Stunty races to the custom roster lists is a great addition, but it would be a bit greater if rosters added this way (preset roster list) could be removed like rosters added manualy.

For instance, I wanted to swap LRB6 ogres for Mr. J's Ogres, while keeping the rest of the LRB6 rosters.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Staff will mark it for Christer. I could see some merit in an advice thread. Particularly from the art side. There will be a lot of generic advice.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

nothing important, but just thought I should post it here - When creating players you can select the same skill multiple times.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If it is easy to do I would also like the Rosters in a Rule Set to be listed alphabetically, rather than the order of creation.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone know how the client or site selects journeymen for the teams with custom rosters? does it just go off the 0-16 positional? and if there are two of these in the team do both work?
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Anyone know how the client or site selects journeymen for the teams with custom rosters? does it just go off the 0-16 positional? and if there are two of these in the team do both work?

This is an interesting question. One of the rosters of my own doesn't have a 0-16 or a 0-12.. it has 5 differant positianls 2 of them are 0-6, 2 are 0-4, and 1 is 0-2, ideally the journeymen would be either of the 0-6's.

My own request would be that we could organize which positionals appear in what order when purchasing players for teams, I imagined it would work in the same order as they were created but upon inspection it appears this isn't the case, and im not sure what the case is either. Alphabetical would make sense but personal organisation ideal.

Request's aside.. top job big C! New features thus far are best thing since sliced bread!!! Dont think ive had this much fun in ages xD
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 11:07
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
it would be a bit greater if rosters added this way (preset roster list) could be removed like rosters added manualy.

I get what you mean, but I do not plan to implement this functionality. You'll have to add the 23 LRB6 rosters you want manually to do this.

Antithesisoftime wrote:
I'm not sure if it was a custom teams issue, a client issue

I have no way to verify this. See if you can find a way to reproduce this in a test game in a minimal fashion (ie, reduce as many variables as you can while still being able to reproduce the issue).

Garion wrote:
you can select the same skill multiple times

Does this actually add the skill twice, or just do nothing?

Garion wrote:
I would also like the Rosters in a Rule Set to be listed alphabetically

Adding it to my list.

Garion wrote:
Anyone know how the client or site selects journeymen

The site looks for positions with 0-12 or 0-16 quantity. There's a hard-coded limit for up to two of these, and I have no idea what happens if you have more than two positions with 0-12 or 0-16 quantity. I doubt it'll break, but it's potentially going to show you semi-random selections. Until there's a successful roster that has a problem with this, I am not going to revise that code.

Edit: Revised to correct the positional quantity that's used to detect possible journeymen.

Last edited by Christer on Jun 21, 2016 - 11:15; edited 1 time in total
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 11:13
FUMBBL Staff

deyempe wrote:
Garion wrote:
Anyone know how the client or site selects journeymen for the teams with custom rosters?

This is an interesting question. One of the rosters of my own doesn't have a 0-16 or a 0-12.. it has 5 differant positianls 2 of them are 0-6, 2 are 0-4, and 1 is 0-2, ideally the journeymen would be either of the 0-6's.

The site follows the rules in this regard, and it's currently not adjustable. No idea what happens if you run into a journeyman situation with a roster that's missing 0-12 and 0-16 positionals.

deyempe wrote:
My own request would be that we could organize which positionals appear in what order when purchasing players for teams, I imagined it would work in the same order as they were created but upon inspection it appears this isn't the case, and im not sure what the case is either. Alphabetical would make sense but personal organisation ideal.

Sorting is done in falling cost order at the moment.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

Garion wrote:

It actually adds the skill twice.

Thank you for all your quick replies, much appreciated Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 11:16
FUMBBL Staff

Garion wrote:
Christer wrote:

Garion wrote:

It actually adds the skill twice.

Thank you for all your quick replies, much appreciated Smile

Adding a fix for this to my todo list.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

The site looks for positions with 0-12 or 0-16 quantity. There's a hard-coded limit for up to two of these, and I have no idea what happens if you have more than two positions with 0-12 or 0-16 quantity.

That's perfect, exactly as I anticipated... good times Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 11:25
FUMBBL Staff

Garion wrote:
Christer wrote:

The site looks for positions with 0-12 or 0-16 quantity. There's a hard-coded limit for up to two of these, and I have no idea what happens if you have more than two positions with 0-12 or 0-16 quantity.

That's perfect, exactly as I anticipated... good times Very Happy

Looking at the code, it's deterministic, but not in a very useful manner. It will show the two positionals with the lowest position IDs (ie, the two created first).

Effectively, this means you can't really control which two positions are eligible for journeymen (assuming you have more than two 0-12 or 0-16).

But as I said, this doesn't feel like something critical at this point, and more a matter of a design constraint for teams. If it becomes a real problem for a roster that's more than a gimmick, I'll fix it.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

ah right gotcha, well that should be fine as well as I am creating the linemen in each team first anyway, If I understand you correctly. Will let you know if I run in to problems

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 11:30
FUMBBL Staff

Garion wrote:
ah right gotcha, well that should be fine as well as I am creating the linemen in each team first anyway, If I understand you correctly. Will let you know if I run in to problems

This will only be a bit flaky if you have more than two positions with 0-12 or 0-16 quantities. For most "normal" team designs, you won't run into this particular limitation.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
deyempe wrote:
Garion wrote:
Anyone know how the client or site selects journeymen for the teams with custom rosters?

The site follows the rules in this regard, and it's currently not adjustable. No idea what happens if you run into a journeyman situation with a roster that's missing 0-12 and 0-16 positionals.

Thanks for quickly clearing that up! I'll keep this in mind for future designs, fixed the aformentioned roster now, cheers!

Christer wrote:
deyempe wrote:

Sorting is done in falling cost order at the moment.

Ah yes, ofc, just like the LRB6 & CRP. Doh!
 Jump to: