14 coaches online • Server time: 02:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure how well this is really working for me.

It seems that teams are prevented from playing each other due to being on different rule sets.
I think that a lot of the time people would be happy with standard rules and all they want is access to new rosters.
If potential rules differences are the problem, would we be better off splitting rule sets and roster sets?
That way a league could pick standard rules and add roster sets to it.

Would that give us easier casual and cross league games?

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

thats a good idea Koadah, sounds like it could make things easier if we have a rosters ID and a rules ID

However if any changes are made please ensure I don't lose all the teams I have created. it takes so long.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 15:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I can completely understand how it's a bit confusing to do things right now. The ruleset feature is pretty new, and custom rosters is just literally came to a point where I could push it to live.

There are a lot of quality of life type things I want to do to improve functionality, but I really need to get past the more pressing initial problems with this stuff.

There's a large amount of very old code running the site, and a large part of getting this stuff to work at all has been to improve code quality.

What I'm saying is that I will get around to this kind of stuff eventually.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

This is great stuff Christer and obviously a lot of hard work. I'm very excited about it.
Just checking how my use cases from the old system would work.

Old code? I know all about it Crying or Very sad

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 16:12
FUMBBL Staff

koadah wrote:

It seems that teams are prevented from playing each other due to being on different rule sets.
I think that a lot of the time people would be happy with standard rules and all they want is access to new rosters.
If potential rules differences are the problem, would we be better off splitting rule sets and roster sets?

The best thing to do in this case is import any rosters you want to allow into your ruleset and get people to create the teams there. For example, if someone wanted to use, say, the SL Sea Elves and you were happy to allow that then instead of creating it through the SL ruleset you would have to import the Sea Elf roster into your ruleset (145, for example) and get people to create teams through your group page.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
koadah wrote:

The best thing to do in this case is import any rosters you want to allow into your ruleset and get people to create the teams there. For example, if someone wanted to use, say, the SL Sea Elves and you were happy to allow that then instead of creating it through the SL ruleset you would have to import the Sea Elf roster into your ruleset (145, for example) and get people to create teams through your group page.

The problem is that most teams are legacy from before the ruleset aera, so they belong to ruleset 6.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 17:35
FUMBBL Staff

For now, live with this and I'll see what I can do to make this stuff possible.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
koadah wrote:

That is true but teams from my ruleset would still not be able to play against teams from Secret League, all Stars, OLC etc unless one or both teams transfers league so that the ruleset matches. We could create all teams in one United League but some commishs won't want to see/allow all teams.

145 Club, OLC, All Stars, FCME events are open so can currently accept teams from anywhere. Teams switch between leagues/events as it suits them. Like casual/gamefinder games, teams would need to transfer. Unles we went "United"

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
For now, live with this and I'll see what I can do to make this stuff possible.

Cool! Very Happy

Thanks Christer.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 18:58
FUMBBL Staff

Pushed a change:

- You can no longer add the same skill twice to a position.
- Adding multiple skills is faster now. After selecting a skill in the add skill dropdown, it's added and the panel remains open. Also, for power users: After opening the add skill panel, you can simply type a few letters of of the skill name and press Enter. For example:

1. Click "Add Skill"
2. Type: bl<enter>do<enter>si<enter>

Your position now has the Block, Dodge and Side Step skills.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice!
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
Nice!

+1
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 19:49
FUMBBL Staff

Attempted to fix the bug with undead and thrall flags not working as expected in game. You'll need to go back through your rosters and apply these flags as appropriate to your positions.

Also added a "Team with position" setting, which allows constructions like Brick Far'th and Grotty. You'll need to set the "Team with" setting on both positions for this to work as expected.

Let me know if it works, as I can't easily test it.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 19:52
FUMBBL Staff

Do the images added as roster portraits and player icons have to be approved?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 20:01
FUMBBL Staff

mister__joshua wrote:
Do the images added as roster portraits and player icons have to be approved?

Yes, of course.
 Jump to: