40 coaches online • Server time: 00:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2016 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I believe the following is a bug:

It appears that if the minimum players on a team is set to over 11 (College FUMBBL uses 15) the it'll ask if you want to use Journeymen for missing players, but the Journeymen won't actually appear on the roster. This is likely related to the Journeymen issue mentioned a few pages back.

EDIT: missread and replied something else

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

where do I ask questions for custom rulesets? the thread for that was locked (unless there's another one somewhere, the one in the anno section is locked), but my question is about rulesets rather than rosters.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2016 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there an ETA being able to add meta group teams to a league?

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

What happens if i remove positionals from the custom roster after teams bought those positionals? Do they stay on the roster until retired, a bug happens, removed after a next game, or something weird?

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

they stay on the roster until retired/killed. IIRC - you cant delete a player from a roster once added, you can only change the number allowed in a team to zero
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to somehow get a copy of someone's ruleset and tweak it under a different name?
Like get the Ruleset of secret league and tweak it a bit for league.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

depends what you mean by tweaks?

if you are talking about teams then no

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

teams, yeah

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem i am looking for a solution for is as follows:
In a draft league i need to create lots of players for the draft. Then in a new draft again, lots of players need to be created. Players select from that long list. I wanted to find a solution to eliminate the players from the previous draft to keep the list at least semi-user-friendly. Any idea?

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think there is anything that isn't administrative heavy. Probably editing a player each time you add one? So you're in fact replacing.

However the format of your League is always going to be a lot of work, even if you had all the magic buttons, as each player is individual.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to spare time for the fellow league members, not for the admin. Smile

If i edit a player, would that change the already hired players stats on the roster? Or only affect the team after the old player is retired?

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I want to spare time for the fellow league members, not for the admin. Smile

If i edit a player, would that change the already hired players stats on the roster? Or only affect the team after the old player is retired?

yes it would change them in game but not on the roster on fumbbl, so it looks messy.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
The problem i am looking for a solution for is as follows:
In a draft league i need to create lots of players for the draft. Then in a new draft again, lots of players need to be created. Players select from that long list. I wanted to find a solution to eliminate the players from the previous draft to keep the list at least semi-user-friendly. Any idea?

The only real solution is if it was possible for league commisioners to add skills to players like site Admins can. Custom rosters won't work unless you have a custom roster for each franchise and have low to non skill progression from spps.

DLE College 7s
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 13:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:
Is it possible to somehow get a copy of someone's ruleset and tweak it under a different name?
Like get the Ruleset of secret league and tweak it a bit for league.

This is what I requested and it's on the list. A clone ruleset or clone team/player option would be ace.

@DLE: Yeah it's a lot of work, but it does work. As Matt said, you'd need a roster per team. Cowhead is currently doing this in the college league and it's working well. It also allows for team colours and custom icons!

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
bghandras

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets say i have a team set as non progression in the ruleset. Lets say a player with 2 skills get 31 spp, and then as a follow up action i add a 3rd skill to that players position in the ruleset. How would the site, and the client behave? Would that 3rd skill visible ever? Would that player have the skill on the pitch?