37 coaches online • Server time: 09:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a few questions regarding how to deal with different rulesets and what can or can't be done.

I know that currently teams created within different rulesets can't play each other, even if they belong to the same league and the rules are essentially identical.

What happens with teams created within the same ruleset that has been substantially modified, particularly at team creation?

In that line of inquiry, if I want to run tournaments with different rules, would it be advisable to create a ruleset for each tournament or is it better to modify a single ruleset and reuse it for all tournaments?

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

if you are talking about House rules or things like spike ball, players on LOS and so on when launching a tournament

try the following (not sure it works but likely):

Set the ruleset with standard rules option. The use of the ruleset is just for the rosters (custom i guess)
Launch a tournament and activate the House Rules you wish + click use custom rules

This way you can change rules from one tourney to the other without touching the ruleset id.

o/
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

However,

if you planning to change things like skill up sequence, starting treasury money...

then you need a new ruleset id...i think

o/
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Look out for this.

I agree with Sonrises. Keep a single ruleset and change options on the tournaments.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Look out for this.

I agree with Sonrises. Keep a single ruleset and change options on the tournaments.

I was thinking more on changing team creation options rather than tweaking client rules. 7s, more gold, less gold... stuff like that. Probably having separate groups would make it less confusing, otherwise make all teams retire after the tournament would be mandatory.

Thanks for the link, very illustrative.

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2016 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to jump on an existing thread but... How do you get the team creation link on a group page please?

(someone walked me through it once... I should have written it down Sad ).

Edit: I found the Secret League ID number, put that in and it worked...

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2016 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
Sorry to jump on an existing thread but... How do you get the team creation link on a group page please?

(someone walked me through it once... I should have written it down Sad ).

Edit: I found the Secret League ID number, put that in and it worked...

To get the team creation link the group must be set to "League" instead of "Metagroup"

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2016 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

cheers mate, I tired that but with my own ruleset it kept defaulting back to metagroup, do they need to be approved at all? Worked straight away when I used the 303 for Secret League though Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2016 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

sonrises wrote:

if you planning to change things like skill up sequence, starting treasury money...

Normally I'd ignore this because it isn't an answer to the question.
And it was a very good question. But since Koadah also agreed with you and nobody seems to know anything I have to say this is not true. You can change the skill sequence after ruleset creation. You just can't remove assigned skills retroactively and it will always take a game under the altered rules before things update.

Whether races can be added post ruleset creation and be used to play against teams post team creation somebody should just try to do and find out if nobody has already tried it.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2016 - 10:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If you add a race to a ruleset, it will become available for team creation and other players in the same league can play against it immediately.

Changes made will either be applied immediately (affecting matches that start after the change has been made), or be applied to teams after a match has been played (this is primarily for things that affect the players on the teams, skills, stats, etc).

And Dalfort, make sure your ruleset is set to "Enabled" under ruleset options. Without that, a league can't use the ruleset.
 Jump to: