34 coaches online • Server time: 15:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Team for a Defensive Style
Dark Elves
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
Dorfs
17%
 17%  [ 14 ]
Orcs
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
Lizardmen
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Slann
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Wood Elves
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Undead
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Nurgle
27%
 27%  [ 22 ]
Vampire
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Necro
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
other
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 79

thekidxp

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I'm a new player that started with BB2 on steam and I've now started to play here on FUMBBL.

Now that I understand the basics of the game I think I want to play as defensive of a team as possible. I was wondering what was a good team for a fairly bashy defensive set up.

Right now I'm liking nurgle, orks, and dark elves. I like chaos but I don't like how long it takes them to really get set up since I'm usually playing at lower TV's. I like having options with players too but that's not a requirement. I mean having multiple player types or build paths but I'd play a less diverse team that would play how I wanted.

My most success has been with high elves but I think I want to try a different set up now.

Last edited by thekidxp on Jul 22, 2016 - 19:19; edited 3 times in total
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Slann is the most defensive team (but not bashy). Nurgle has indeed a bit of a defensive ability due to Disturbing Presence and Tentacles but they are slow and struggle heavily against fast teams.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarves by far.

Oscar Wilde
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Developed Vampires can be a very annoying defensive team.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Slann is the most defensive team (but not bashy). Nurgle has indeed a bit of a defensive ability due to Disturbing Presence and Tentacles but they are slow and struggle heavily against fast teams.

slann are terrible as a defensive team. stop giving him intentionally bad advice, Dom.

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Dominik wrote:

slann are terrible as a defensive team. stop giving him intentionally bad advice, Dom.

Yes, and they are hard to play.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

with all that leaping, slanns are a VERY AGGRESSIVE team, like wood elves. except that while wood elves are a single, concentrated ultra-dark chocolate slanns are like nutella, a thinner layer spreaded all over your bread. spread too much and you'll end up with a mess.

Uedder

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, much really depends on your style.

Wood Elves are by far the best at stealing the ball. Dark Elves are probably unmatched on positional defence.

So Woodies steal and score, while Delves prevent you from scoring.

These are the best teams for agile defence. Don't really know about bash tho.

EDIT:
Oh yes and developed Vampires are the best defensive team if you can get the grasp on them and they don't implode.

EDIT 2:
On the Bash side I'd say Lizardmen are probably the best.

Last edited by Uedder on Jul 21, 2016 - 23:44; edited 1 time in total
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say Nurgle

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Any side with strong players can really make a drive very demanding for the opposition, unless they want to rush by you in 2/3 turns and give you 5/6 turns to come back.

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on how you define 'defensive' really.
If you are talking about winning the kicking=(defensive) drives, Slann are certainly not a bad choice in the sense that they have ball retrieval skills.

But I guess what the OP means is a race that is solid at caging and positioning, basically the basics of the game.

It's a bit boring because that's pretty much the go-to race for anyone new but I'd say Orcs. One of the strongest races in the game and they excell at slow (defensive) grinding plays but don't do very well when they drop the ball.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2016 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Depends on how you define 'defensive' really.
If you are talking about winning the kicking=(defensive) drives, Slann are certainly not a bad choice in the sense that they have ball retrieval skills.

But I guess what the OP means is a race that is solid at caging and positioning, basically the basics of the game.

It's a bit boring because that's pretty much the go-to race for anyone new but I'd say Orcs. One of the strongest races in the game and they excell at slow (defensive) grinding plays but don't do very well when they drop the ball.

agreed. at least at low/mid TV. when you start facing claw/mb regualrly, Orcs rapidly become Tier 2.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2016 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

On static defense, I'd say dwarves. Really good if you just want to prevent the other from scoring and capitalize on their mistakes, having tackle and block pretty much on every player.

If you want to be aggressive, instead, probably wood elves or slann. The damn wardancers are incredible at breaking cages, while every single frog has leap.

CIBBL! I swear I had a life, before!
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2016 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

depends who you are defending against...
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2016 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

developed vamps and developed skaven are incredibly hard to run an offense against.

A good vamp coach can use gaze to hit the ball on almost every turn
A good skaven coach can not only put the ball on the ground, but then put it completely out of reach in the same turn.
 Jump to: