68 coaches online • Server time: 22:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Disclaimer: This is just a personal project which I have decided to share with the Fumbbl community to do with as they please, not an attempt to change the existing fluff.

Introduction.

When GW blew up the Old World I saw it as an opportunity to create my own fluff. I never thought the idea of two parallel Old Worlds, one conventional where warfare settled arguments and one where Blood Bowl did, worked very well so the first decision I made was to ditch the Old World and create a new one. Fortunately that had already been done for me on the first line of p2 of my original Blood Bowl hand book:

‘It all began long, long ago, in the ancient land of Amorica.’

I then decided to make my world a one continent affair as Europe had been pretty well covered by the Old World, and North America had every type of climate and geography I wanted or needed. This saved me another job, as I just used the real geography and climates of America and Canada for Amorica.

With this general overview in place I could have some fun in creating new teams and developing states to build up the story of my continent.

I also wanted a very NFL style to me teams with a place name followed by a nickname and this is what I came up with.

Team / Race / Stadium / State

1) Shikaakwa Bears / Human / Soldiers Field / Ill Noises
2) Mnisota Vikings / Norse /
3) Karak Urbaz Giants / Dwarf / Macelife Cavern
4) Karak Urbaz Warhammers / Dwarf Engineer / Macelife Cavern
5) Washton Deadskins / Undead / Ex-dead Field
6) Fila Delphia Eagles / Pro Elf /
7) Si’ahl Seahawks / Sea Elf /
Cool Barak Varr 49ers / Dwarf / Candlelight Cavern
9) Peaksblight Stealerz / Squig / Three Rivers Cavern
10) Cleaveland Brownfurs / Skaven /
11) Shawmut Skinrots / Nurgle /
12) Hoofton Longhorns / Beastman / The Ranch
13) Gorkas City Chieftans / Orc / Arrowhead Stadium
14) Orcland Raiders / Orc / Der Colyseeum
15) Whamma Bamma Green Tide / Goblin / / Whamma Bamma
16) Death Valley Guardians / Khemri
17) Tanasi Titans / Ogre
1Cool Drotoita Impalers / Vampire / Fjord Field
19) Athel Ahrain Falcons / Wood Elf /
20) Har Sarious Risktakers / Dark Elf / / Never Day
21) Tempest Sea Buccaneers / Pirate / The Galleon / Orrida
22) New Orcleans Voodoo / Savage Orc / / Lowzy Bamma
23) Jlaxonkill Jaguars / Amazon / Riverbank Stadium / Orrida

Last edited by The_Great_Gobbo on Aug 08, 2016 - 18:02; edited 4 times in total
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Whamma Bamma.

Whamma Bamma can be split into three general regions, the mountainous north, the forested central area and the southern swamplands.

The Mountainous North.

The northern part of Whamma Bamma is defined by the Appallin Mountains range which runs all the way along the east coast of Amorica. This region is comprised of sandstone ridges and fertile limestone valleys which contain an abundance of the three main ingredients for steel manufacture, coal, iron ore, and limestone. The mountains are home to many different tribes of Night Goblins, but recently Dwarven miners have started to move into the northern part of the state and even a few human trading settlements have been encountered.

Famous teams:

Brummy Bum Owtlawz (Goblin)
Rakoon Mowntin Banditz (Squig)
Karak Dak Steelhelms (Dwarf Engineer)
Sky Finga Opperz (Squig)

The Forested Centre.

The central area of Whamma Bamma is dominated by the massive evergreen forest named the Dark Forest, as sunlight rarely penetrates the year round canopy of the trees. The most common tree species is the longleaf pine which is characterized as having bushy clusters of 10 inch long needles and large 6 to 12 inch long pine cones. These pines are capable of growing 80 to 100 feet tall in well suited soil. The land drops in height the further south you go. The forest is home to many different tribes of Forest Goblin.

Famous teams:

Stinky Kreek Shamanz (Forest Goblin)
Whamma Bamma Green Tide (Goblin)
Ow Burna Planegobz (Goblin)
Mownt Gobbery Ornetz (Forest Goblin)
Dark Ollow Wolves (Forest Goblin)

The Southern Swamplands.

The southern swamplands have two distinct zones, the Swampz of Sikkness in the west and the Wiregrass Wasteland in the east. The Swampz of Sikkness take their name from the massive amount of disease carrying insects that infest the place whereas the Wiregrass Wasteland is so called due to the razor-sharp grass that dominates the area. Both areas are home to many tribes of Goblin.

Famous teams:

Mob Hill Mystikz (Goblin)
Dofam Evilz (Goblin)

Tenny See

Tenny See is a great shadowy wasteland located north of Whamma Bamma in Amorica. In the West it is a vast plain dotted with hills, dead trees and fissures, and in the East the landscape is dominated by the Appallin Mountain range. All manner of beasts, natural and unnatural, roam and kill and consume anything they can catch in these harsh lands.

The Goblins who inhabit this region are from the weakest tribes who have been pushed north out of the much more hospitable lands of Whamma Bamma. It is also home to a great many Trolls who find the weaker and stupider Goblins much easier to catch and eat. And yet even here the great game of Blood Bowl flourishes.

The Western Wastelands

A barren area of Amorica, where little grows or lives. The main settlement is the Ogre camp at Mightyfist, where the Tanasi Titans hail from, but the surrounding area is home to many tribes of Gnoblars, Hobgoblins and Ogres who are mostly nomadic in nature.

Famous teams:

Tanasi Titans (Ogre)

The Eastern Mountains

The eastern part of Tenny See is dominated by the Appallin Mountain Range. There are two main settlements here, Lynchem Burg in the south and Nasherville in the north. Snotlings and trolls dominate the area, but weaker bands of other goblinoids eek out a living here. Lynchem Burg is the home of the famous Goblin moonshiner Jakk Nonailz (they dissolve when he uses his feet to test the readiness of his grog) and even has a team, the Lynchem Burg Masherz, who might have a chance against their snotling bretheren if it wasn’t for the fact that the players get paid in moonshine. However due to this fact the team has almost become a tourist attraction, with people, things, whatever coming from all over to sample this famous drink and take in a game.

Famous teams:

Lynchem Burg Masherz (Goblin)
Tenny See Titanz (Snotling)

Orrida

Orrida is the hot, humid and wet south-eastern corner of Amorica, an area of thick jungle and treacherous swamps. It is plagued by thunderstorms, hurricanes and lightning as well as biting insects and disease.

Due to the climate and geological features Orrida is largely unsettled by humans, dwarves or elves making it a haven for some of the more unusual races in Amorica, and boy does that make for some exciting Blood Bowl.

The Northern Jungle

The northern part of the state is covered in a dense jungle which hides many different races. In the north-west corner of the state is the large snakeman settlement of Tally Hissy. Down the coast is the pirate stronghold of Tempest Bay and just inland are the orc stronghold of Orclando, the Lizardman colony at Painsville and the Rasetra temple at Jerkyman. Finally in the extreme north-east of the state is the amazon settlement at Jlaxonkill.

Famous Teams:

Jlaxonkill Jaguars (Amazon)
Tempest Bay Buccaneers (Pirate)
Jerkyman Magic (Rasetra)
Orclando Anarchy (Savage Orc)
Orrida Gators (Lizardmen)
Orrida Squeeze (Snakemen)

The Southern Swamps

The southern part of the state is largely a giant swamp that is uninhabited, fetid and dangerous. It is also where most of the hurricanes, tornadoes and water-spouts are found due to the air elemental settlement of Maim Eye where the financially astute treeman Oak Lee made a killing by selling goggles to keep the constantly swirling dirt and grit out of peoples eyes.

Famous Teams:

Maim Eye Hurricanes (Air Elemental)

Lowzy Bamma

Lowzy Bamma is a state located in the southern region of Amorica, bordered by Messy Steppy to the east, Tex Ass to the west, and the Sombrero Sea to the south. It is so named because it is similar to Whamma Bamma but a bit crappier in every respect.

Much of the state's lands were formed from sediment washed down the Messysteppy River, leaving enormous deltas and vast areas of coastal marsh and swamp. There are also many species of tree frogs, hallucinogenic toads and fish such as sturgeon and paddlefish. In more elevated areas there are extensive areas of longleaf pine forest and wet savannas. These support an exceptionally large number of plant species, including many species of orchids and carnivorous plants.

The state may properly be divided into two parts, the uplands of the north, and the alluvial along the coast, and surprisingly it is in the south of the state where the two major settlements of New Orcleans and Battered and Huge are located.

The North

The higher hill lands of the north and northwestern part of the state consist of prairie and woodlands. Lots of different types of creature live here, but usually in small numbers and are often nomadic in nature

The Swampy South

The alluvial region includes low swamp lands, coastal marshlands and beaches, and barrier islands that cover about 20,000 square miles. New Orcleans was founded next to a swamp with some exceedingly rare and potent toads in it which has given it a few unique characteristics. There are a disproportionate number of shamans in the settlement who use the toads and other plants to control and channel the Waaagh! through a process called Voodoo. Once a year the entire clan comes together for a massive voodoo ceremony called Mardy Gork which is a riot of colour, noise and rioting as frenzied drugged up savage orcs look for something to eat or kill.

Battered and Huge is another odd settlement, with trolls and snotlings living side by side in a working relationship where the snotlings feed the trolls and the trolls protect the snotlings. No-one knows how this arrangement came about, or why it works here and nowhere else, but in the swamps of Lowzy Bamma many weird things seem to happen.

Famous Teams:

New Orcleans Voodoo (Savage Orc)
Battered and Huge Mudthugz (Snotling)

Never Day

Never Day is a state in western Amorica and is entirely covered by the Mojo Desert. Never Day is the driest state in Amorica, most parts receiving scarce to no precipitation during the year. Nothing can survive on the surface of this natural oven, perfect therefore for the Dark Elves to have their greatest of cities, Har Sarius, deep in the cold dark natural caverns underground. The city is bathed in a dark gloom, and the caves shine in sickly coloured lights from the warpstone that litters the caves.

This city, known as the "city of despair" throughout Amorica, is where the desperate come to risk their lives in the gaming pits, where souls are gambled in exchange for fabulous riches. Anyone caught trying to escape without settling their debts are hung from the walls, their limp bodies enchanted to live out their last few hours on this earth forever inside the dark walls of a city full of thieves, murderers and other predators.

And what better sport to gamble on than Blood Bowl? The Har Sarius Risktakers are the premier team under the desert, but a slaanesh cult has emerged as a new challenger to the throne, but be advised before you gamble away your last gold coin, the best team doesn’t always win!

Famous Teams:

Har Sarius Risktakers (Dark Elf)
Slaanesh’s Pleasureseekers (Slaanesh)

Ill Noises

Ill Noises is a state in the midwestern region of Amorica, named after the unusual sounds created by the thunderous winds that fly in over Lake Medicine Man. Shikaakwa in the northeast is the major industrial city, the rest of the state being dominated by great agricultural productivity in central and northern Ill Noises, and natural resources like coal, and timber in the south and has three major geographical divisions.

Shikaakwa

Northern Ill Noises is dominated by Shikaakwa Land, h is the city of Shikaakwa, and the adjoining forests into which the metropolis is expanding. Shikaakwa itself is a cosmopolitan city, densely populated, industrialized and settled by a wide variety of races. Shikaakwa is located in the northern province of Ill Noises, right on the shores of Lake Mischief Man. It is a cold and windy part of Amorica, surrounded by huge thick pine forests.

It is the principal settlement in Ill Noises and two rivers, the Shikaakwa and the Calumet Rivers, flow entirely or partially through Shikaakwa. Shikaakwa's history and economy are closely tied to its proximity to Lake Mischief Man and rivers as they are used to transport the timber downstream to other parts of Amorica.

Shikaakwa is sometimes referred to as the ‘Windy City’ due to the strong, cold winds that come over Lake Mischief Man and constantly batter both it and its inhabitants.

The Shikaakwa Bears originally started out as an amateur side for the local timber concern, Hallas Lumber Ltd (of “we fell it and sell it !” ad fame), and soon become the dominant team in the area, due in part to hiring all of the biggest, meanest and maddest men in the area and giving them cushy jobs at the lumber yard so they could concentrate full time on football. The team developed a hard-nosed running style as they found it was hard to throw the ball with hands covered in tree sap (however it was excellent for avoiding fumbles until outlawed by the NAF in 2481). Mr Hallas finally decided to go pro with his team in 2419 and took the name The Bears from the ferocious local grizzly bears that stalked the forests and were his lumberjack’s biggest fear.

Famous Teams:

Shikaakwa Bears (Human)

Prairies

The midsection of Ill Noises is a second major division, called Central Ill Noises. It is an area of mostly prairie and known as the Heart of Illinois. It is characterized by small towns. Agriculture particularly corn and soybeans figure prominently in Central Ill Noises.

Mining

The third division is Southern Ill Noises. This region has a somewhat warmer winter climate, different variety of crops, including some cotton farming, more rugged topography as well as coal mining.

Last edited by The_Great_Gobbo on Aug 08, 2016 - 18:50; edited 7 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I love The Great Gobbo Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this The Great Gobbo's eloquent and literate little sister that has hacked his account?

Si’ahl Seahawks / Sea Elf / CentaurLink Plain / The Great Wetlands

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

You are building up an impressive background there Gobs!

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool.

I foresee a possible League.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Post #2 edited to include Tenny See
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2016 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Post #2 edited to include the state of Orrida
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2016 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Gobbo, how can I ever be as great as you?

(I like your fluff btw, looks pretty cool Smile )

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2016 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Post #2 edited to include the state of Lowsy Bamma
eldritchfox

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2016 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Gobbo for President!
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2016 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Post #2 edited to include State of Never Day
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2016 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Post #2 edited to include state of Ill Noises
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

To add a bit more variety to my league I wanted to make certain teams more like their NFL counterparts if they had a certain style. Here is my first take ( Note I will not be changing race rosters, just limiting choices available to certain teams)

The Shikaakwa Bears are obviously based on the Chicago Bears, and as the real Bears have a very real identity I wanted to bring that out both in terms of fluff and crunch.

2419:

The Bears originally started out as an amateur side for the local timber concern Hallas Lumber Ltd (of “we fell it and sell it !” ad fame) and soon become the dominant team in the area, due in part to hiring all of the biggest, meanest and maddest men in the area and giving them cushy jobs at the lumber yard so they could concentrate full time on football. The team developed a hard-nosed running style as they found it was hard to throw the ball with hands covered in tree sap (however it was excellent for avoiding fumbles until outlawed by the NAF in 2481). Mr Hallas finally decided to go pro with his team in 2419 and took the name The Bears from the ferocious local grizzly bears that stalked the forests and were his lumberjack’s biggest fear.

2488:

The Fog Bowl was the name given to the infamous 2488 playoff game between the Fila Delphia Eagles and the Bears. A dense sea fog rolled in over Shikaakwa’s Soldiers Field during the first half, cutting visibility to about almost nothing for the rest of the game. Due to the dense fog no-one actually saw anybody score (or anything else for that matter), but somehow the Bears ended up winning 2–1 much to the Eagles fury and the referee’s relief.

Present:

The Bears have always considered scoring as a secondary consideration to maiming the opposition and are rightly feared as one of the toughest teams in Amorica.

Playing as the Bears:

Normal human roster with the following limitations:

0-16 Linemen
0-4 Blitzers
0-1 Ogre

No throwers or catchers allowed.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2016 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The Drotoita Impalers are a professional Blood Bowl team based in Drotoita, Mischief Man. The team plays its home games at Fjord Field in Drotoita.

2433:

Formed in 2433 they were named after their original head coach and owner Vlad “The Impaler” Tepes. Vlad dealt harshly with his players, especially those who had not been playing very well. Though a variety of methods was employed, his favourite motivational technique was impalement. The liberal use of this capital punishment was eventually extended to reporters who criticised his teams performance, members of rival teams fan clubs, all ginger people, and eventually to any among his subjects that displeased him. He was forced to retire in 2439 when after a player’s only meeting and a full blown peasant revolt his own head was removed and ironically impaled on a spike atop the home team dugout, where it remains to this day as the team’s cabal vision play by play announcer.

2459:

Drotoita enjoyed its greatest success in the 2450s, led by star Vampire Bobbelshki Layneius, the Impalers made it to three championship games but in 2459, after he had provided Drotoita nearly a decade of Hall of Fame play, the Impalers traded Bobbelshki Layneius. Bobbelshki was injured during the last championship season, and the Impalers thought he was through and wanted to get what they could for him. According to legend, as he was leaving for Not The Dame, Bobbelshki summoned up his evil magic and cursed the franchise, saying that Drotoita "would not win for 50 years." Since this time, the Impalers have not won another championship and have only a single playoff game win. The franchise's subsequent years of futility has been labelled "The Curse of Bobbelshki Layneius."

Present:

Drotoita has always had one star players on its roster (who could forget the mesmeric running of Baron von Sandersson, or the receiving of Calvinious the Second?), however they have always been a lone bright light in a sea of mediocrity, tantalising fans with what could be and providing the team’s unofficial mantra, maybe next year.

Playing as the Impalers:

Normal Vampire roster with the following restrictions:

0-16 Thrall
0-1 Vampire
 Jump to: