50 coaches online • Server time: 20:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it is just me by mirror matches are far and away the least fun matches in the game. Is there anything that makes them less likely in box? Like I know you can just turn them off in ranked.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. Using the least popular teams makes mirrors much less likely.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think you can choose anything in Box - you just get what you get. If you want fewer mirror matches, steer clear of the more represented rosters (i.e. heavy bash) Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
Maybe it is just me by mirror matches are far and away the least fun matches in the game. Is there anything that makes them less likely in box? Like I know you can just turn them off in ranked.

I think there is a 5% bias against mirrors. So they are less likely than any other game. Perhaps they removed that feature at some point not sure.

Personally I find mirrors to be particularly fair therefor often more enjoyable than too unbalanced games.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Yes. Using the least popular teams makes mirrors much less likely.

That is what I figured, get stuck playing a roster I don't like or get stuck in a mirror match vs someone who has like 2000 more games played than I do. Either way it is like an hour where I won't have any fun.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
ph0enyx13 wrote:

I think there is a 5% bias against mirrors. So they are less likely than any other game. Perhaps they removed that feature at some point not sure.

Personally I find mirrors to be particularly fair therefor often more enjoyable than too unbalanced games.
\

I hate them. I always get stuck with mirrors vs someone who has a lot more experience than me and end up getting bored and feel like it is a chore to finish. I think one of the great things about blood bowl is the diversity of rosters. Otherwise it is too much like playing chess.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Then you should redefine fun.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Wreckage. I love mirror matches, means it's more about coaching skill when taking out the racial rock paper scissors. Embrace the mirror!

DLE College 7s
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
I'm with Wreckage. I love mirror matches, means it's more about coaching skill when taking out the racial rock paper scissors. Embrace the mirror!

Yea but that makes getting matched up vs someone with 1000+ games played even worse. It is already boring when I get a game vs someone who is a much better player than me, but then when it is a mirror it is like that times 1000 because it means experience and coaching skill count more.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:

Yea but that makes getting matched up vs someone with 1000+ games played even worse. It is already boring when I get a game vs someone who is a much better player than me, but then when it is a mirror it is like that times 1000 because it means experience and coaching skill count more.
Then play ranked where you can cherry pick your matches, and can avoid anyone with more skill than you.

Box is meant to be unforgiving. If you can't handle that, stay out of Box
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
ph0enyx13 wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:

Then play ranked where you can cherry pick your matches, and can avoid anyone with more skill than you.

Box is meant to be unforgiving. If you can't handle that, stay out of Box

It has only started to be an issue in the past couple games. Up until recently I never played a mirror in box, but now I've had 3 in 7 games.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:

It has only started to be an issue in the past couple games. Up until recently I never played a mirror in box, but now I've had 3 in 7 games.

You've had 2 mirror matches in your last 7 blackbox matches. 1 you won, the other you drew.

Isn't or wasn't there a FUMBBL rule about being a certain age before you can make an account?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:

Well I think we are at a point of repetition there. I think that came across.

Obviously Blackbox is producing some terrible matchups. I'm with you there. I hate that part of it too.
It's not gonna change so the only way is to bear with it if you wanna stay there.

I can tell you two things tho:
1. A coach with 1000+ games on you is likely to beat you with any race.
2. The real upside to playing good opponents is that you can learn from them quickly if you invest some thought into their actions.

And as you get better at the game the matches will appear... less challenging.

To help you out, if you have any questions in regards how to improve your game just PM me and we can perhaps get you on a box ready level Wink.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you, I also do have to try to finish your book when I find the time
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
ph0enyx13 wrote:

You've had 2 mirror matches in your last 7 blackbox matches. 1 you won, the other you drew.

Isn't or wasn't there a FUMBBL rule about being a certain age before you can make an account?

I'm in the middle of playing one right now
 Jump to: