35 coaches online • Server time: 00:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
thoralf

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Can't be much of an 'exploit', as they have the lowest win % of my 5 main teams Razz

Now all exploits can be detected using win %.

koadah wrote:
As opposed to the chances of drawing a CPOMB team?

Godwin all Fumbbl threads!
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
Can't be much of an 'exploit', as they have the lowest win % of my 5 main teams Razz

And that's the depressive part of it. It's only an exploit for destroying other teams (which is why so many shun Blackbox).

It's not really that good for winning, just for pixel hugging and pixel genocide Smile

If your issue is Claw/MB/PO I think there is a different thread for that debate Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
koadah wrote:
Garion wrote:
I though people avoided blackbox because of certain sociopaths play(ed) there, who are both extremely unpleasant to play against and incredibly slow.

As opposed to the chances of drawing a CPOMB team?

Or as opposed to the chance of actually drawing any team?

Free the scheduler! The tyranny of the 'group of 4' must go!

As opposed to just drawing people that you don't like. Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

couldnt care less about my players or cpomb, just idiots, if there was a way to blacklist certain teams I would play there again
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
couldnt care less about my players or cpomb, just idiots, if there was a way to blacklist certain teams I would play there again

How do you define "idiots" in this context? If people are breaking the rules you can report them.

Otherwise... it's the Box.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Then they came for the Nurgle Teams, and I did not speak out — Because I was not a Nurgle Team.

Laughing

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, I've not run into a single idiot in Box in a long long time. Which is great.

(However it makes me worried that this could mean that I am the idiot. Which is disconcerting.)

Still, the attitude in Box, in general is great, as far as I can tell.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
If your issue is Claw/MB/PO I think there is a different thread for that debate Wink

We were talking about a Sporting Director type of role. Anything that brings down box activations, simultaneously means potentially larger TV gaps in matchups (which this thread is about). So any major contributor to less Blackbox activations would naturally have to be looked at from an arbiter's position.

These things are all intermeshed, but we don't need to discuss cpomb here, we all know perfectly well what that mechanic is and does to the community.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

deffo not you mr foulscumm, we all love you are your crazy beardy ways Smile

Koadah = to me an "idiot" in this context is -

1) Someone that min maxs to the absolute max to get stupidly unfair match ups.

2) someone that takes 4 minutes every single turn even when they only have a handful of players to move and it is blindingly obvious where they are moving to, basically using this as a tactic to drive you insane with boredom, all the while not saying a single word.

3) People that are just out and out rude and socially incompetent.

these are the reasons I don't play box. before anyone says anything stupid - I have a better win percentage by quite some margin in that division over ranked. If we were allowed to blacklist 3 people sign me up. Why would I play there when I can get games in other places with out having to worry about the above.

As an aside I do believe the current scheduler algorithm is a killer for slow developing teams, like khemri in particular, they are 10 times harder in box, purely because they take sooooooooooo long to skill up that by the time your team is starting to develop you've hit the silly number that means you can play teams with a TV 500 up on you. which is just impossible with that race. I'd rather just straight tv match ups with a limit and a way to avoid certain people.

But that's just me and as I am happy playing elsewhere who cares about me and coaches like me. box seems to be doing alright currently anyway, so there is no reason to change things really.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
(However it makes me worried that this could mean that I am the idiot. Which is disconcerting.)

That might depend on who was appointed "Sporting Director". Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd volunteer for the position.

My proposed plan of action:

First I came for the Nurgle Teams, and no one said anything, because Nurgle is bad team design.

Then I came for *everyone knows who*, and no one said anything, because no one liked playing him.

And on the seventh day I rested, seeing that my works were good.

So do I get the job? Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a grown ups job. Which leaves out all of us on these forums unfortunately.
Desultory

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

GLN: Right, time to talk Blood Bowl! If you could change one rule in Blood bowl, what would it be and why?

Christer: The Team Value formula. I understand that it's designed to be easy to calculate on pen and paper, but it's a very crude formula that's not very accurate. With a more complex TV formula, a truly perpetual league like FUMBBL would function better with fewer problems. For example, some power skill combinations (such as Claw, Piling On, Mighty Blow) could be balanced by a TV modifier rather than a change in the skills themselves.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

@Desultory Fumbbl had such a TV in Lrb4. The downside of this was that you could minmax by keeping players with injuries (e.g. -ma -ma -ag lineman), however all in all I'd say it was a very good house rule. Unfortunately this has not been developed for CRP. Not sure why - probably time constraints.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2016 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

@Balle2000: A version of TR for CRP wouldn't necessarily have to include a discount for injuries. I believe Christer's intention with TR was for it to be as accurate a measure as possible of a team's actual strength. However, to me it seems right that coaches should pay a penalty for keeping injuries on the roster ..

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
 Jump to: