34 coaches online • Server time: 10:40
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post double on MA10 gutte...goto Post ETA on seasonsgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000



Joined: Sep 25, 2008

Post 3 Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be cool if a couple of nights a week turn limits in Blackbox were set to 2 minutes or something.

Would provide a nice change.

Could have other "special nights" too!

_________________
Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2008
Image
Image
pythrr



Joined: Mar 07, 2006

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

or just ALWAYS

_________________
Image
Image
Wreckage



Joined: Aug 15, 2004

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't aware time limits can even be altered in the new client...
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

thats an awesome idea, although 2 minutes isnt really speedy tbh, 1 minute would be the way to go imo.

_________________
Image
bghandras



Joined: Feb 06, 2011

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Internet connection is usually decent. But when it slows down, then 1 minute will be a competition of bigger lag-s.

_________________
Image
"This is turning into the best thing on FUMBBL" - Seventyone
"THIS LEAGUE IS AWESOME!!!!" - Kummo
"Last league i would leave." - SpecialOne
mrt1212



Joined: Feb 26, 2013

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Would be cool if a couple of nights a week turn limits in Blackbox were set to 2 minutes or something.

Would provide a nice change.

Could have other "special nights" too!


You mean I can take more than 2 minutes normally? Weird!
BillBrasky



Joined: Feb 15, 2005

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't made more than a 2 minute turn in years...

Opponents often make 4 minute turns...

I am not sure how this will make things more interesting though.

Maybe something else like regen teams get a chance to use regen or not, but if it fails: RIP!

That's more interesting to me.
Desultory



Joined: Jun 24, 2008

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Or you could make your own 'blitz' league, and leave blackbox how it is, so I don't randomly log on one day without realising the time is half as much.

_________________
Image
SpecialOne



Joined: Oct 17, 2005

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

remove the 4 min rule for less, and you would definately have one player less in the box, for those events. If it gets permanent, then I would be out of the box permanent. Very easy way to get a smaller group to play the box...
Balle2000



Joined: Sep 25, 2008

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

SpecialOne wrote:
If it gets permanent

This will never, ever happen.
DukeTyrion



Joined: Feb 18, 2004

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2016 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
thats an awesome idea, although 2 minutes isnt really speedy tbh, 1 minute would be the way to go imo.


I see your 1 minute and raise you 40 seconds!
Cavetroll



Joined: Jan 21, 2009

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

At first I thought you meant the scheduler would run every two minutes. That would be a better idea.

_________________
Image
nerf indigo 2016
garyt1



Joined: Mar 12, 2011

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

2 minutes sounds good for a special tournament but for Box it would just penalise players who haven't played thousands of matches so aren't playing on autopilot.

_________________
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
MattDakka



Joined: Oct 09, 2007

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
2 minutes sounds good for a special tournament but for Box it would just penalise players who haven't played thousands of matches so aren't playing on autopilot.

While on average for many teams 2 minutes are generally enough, some teams require more time, for example Vampires.
DukeTyrion



Joined: Feb 18, 2004

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
garyt1 wrote:
2 minutes sounds good for a special tournament but for Box it would just penalise players who haven't played thousands of matches so aren't playing on autopilot.

While on average for many teams 2 minutes are generally enough, some teams require more time, for example Vampires.


I bet if they played just before dawn the buggers would speed up!
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 1.2 © 2003 PNphpBB Group
Credits