45 coaches online • Server time: 12:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2016 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi gang!

As promised, it's time for more Online NAF Blood Bowl, and this time we’re going Welsh. The Online Welsh Open will begin in one week on September 12th. Applications are open NOW! The below is as usual if you’ve joined us for an Online NAF tournament before, but just one extra note for you; be sure to use the link provided in this post / the rulespack to make your team, regardless of the timezone you wish to apply to. This means it’ll all work. Smile

Online Welsh Open

Our fourth online NAF tournament of 2016 is a partnership with one of the UK’s largest events, the Welsh Open! This rulespack should contain everything you need to know to enter the Online Welsh Open (OWO), and to be in with a chance of winning lovely physical prizes. Mynd Cymru!

The OWO is linked to the Welsh Open, one of the UK’s largest tournaments. Details on the Welsh Open 2017 can be found in this thread. Why not take a trip to the great nation of Wales?

The full rulespack is available here, here and here.

Teams should be created using this link, and coaches wishing to play in European timezones should apply here, North American timezones here, and Oceanic timezones here.

Cheers!

Phil / Goo.

Rulespack Summary

- Individual, non-progression Blood Bowl!

- Team treasury: 1.10 M gold. All inducements are permitted except Special Play Cards and Team Wizards. Teams must hire 11 rostered players before adding a Star Player

- Format: 5 games of Swiss in approximately 30 team groups formed according to timezone preference (Europe, America, Oceania), followed by playoffs

- Weekly rounds

- Skill package 8 normal skills, all available from game one. A maximum of four replicate skills can be chose (e.g. 4 Block, not 5 Block)

Generous Welsh Open Prize Support

- The winner of the OWO will receive a free ticket to the Welsh Open 2017

- The runner up will receive Welsh Open dice, and other winners (most TDs, most CAS, Stunty Cup) certificates

Application Help

I will accept applications to the group every 48 h. Every tournament, someone misses out on joining us. Don't let that be you! apply, then check the group 48 h later. If you're not there, try again!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2016 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The OP is up to date, the gates to application open and I'm knocking on the front page news door. Let's get the Online Welsh Open moving, go, go... GO! Very Happy
straume

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2016 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Skill stacking is not possible in the client?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2016 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Matching the Welsh Open tabletop rules exactly is currently not possible without an awful lot of manual staff work, too much to be practical. Skill stacking is possible, but we have chosen the above rulespack this time as a good, practical approximation. You may see stacking in future, but with how the client options currently function, fitting that into a good ruleset will need thought.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2016 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we use existing non-progression teams as usual or do we have to make a brand new team?

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2016 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

As usual, you can use any existing non-progression 1.1 m team.
Ghorgrix

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2016 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in with a very subtle .... Dwarf Team Very Happy
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2016 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Good good. Smile

I just did the first round of accepting teams to the group. I'm yet to check teams for rulespack compliance, but I will do this on the weekend. If you'd like your team to be checked, I suggest applying by Friday.

If you think you've applied and don't see yourself in the group, try again or PM me!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just done more accepting... 4 days to go. Apply now! Very Happy
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2016 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump!

Decent looking numbers with ~ 60 before the last minute rush!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2016 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Tonight is the night! Get those last minute applications moving! Smile
frogboy

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2016 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done Purplegoo this is fantastic, 60+ coaches, good luck everyone, unless your playing me lol Wink

Foul Bowl - Table Top Tournament in South Wales
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2016 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Just over two hours to go! Get those last minute applications in! Smile
Leipziger_Waterbowl

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2016 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

In!

@wormito on twitter

Waterbowl Commissioner
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2016 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

An hour to go.

I'm going through my usual checks, and we have the odd team submission issue. Every error I've spotted has been followed by a PM, so hopefully we catch them all. After kickoff, if you spot an error with an opponent's roster, shout he and I early, and we'll fix things before your game. It's likely I'm already working on it. Smile

Still room for more, get those applications in!
 Jump to: