19 coaches online • Server time: 02:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I assume you can't use Grab to throw a player off the pitch who is next to the sideline, if there are empty adjacent squares they could be pushed to? Would be nice if you could and would kind of makes sense ..

I was also surprised to find that Grab doesn't work on Blitzes, which imo makes it somewhat less useful (for pulling exposed ballcarriers towards your team, for example).

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

you cant push anyone out the sidelines with grab, not sure how it works if all squares are occupied, but I guess it becomes a chain push, and still no surf.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess in that case you would just decide to not use grab.

If it could do the 2 things I mentioned, it might be seen as less of a suck skill. Is there any balance reason why they chose not to allow it on blitzes (except to cancel SS)? I suppose it might be a bit OP with both of those changes, as then anyone next to the sideline without SS/SF could be surfed from any direction, without needing to be 'hemmed-in'.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

So I checked the rules:
Grab doesn't work when the are no adjacent squares.

so no surf, but interestingly grab will cancel out sidestep on Blizes too according to the rules.(in addition to blocks)

so if there are no squares you can surf, since grab doesnt work, also as a bonus you can blitz with grab to cancel a sidestep, at least thaats how I interpret the rules.
Medon

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly right. I started to be a fan of grab after playing with simyin. Canceling out sidestep is a HUGE advantage in almost all games. Everyone has a dirty little blodgestepping diving tackle, but with grab there is no fear for these guys anymore! So I took grab on my dwarf team as well and did not regret is on any match at all.
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Thinking of OTTD, it is useful, too. Definitely grab is not crap!
Roland

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN wrote:
Thinking of OTTD, it is useful, too. Definitely grab is not crap!

skaven can OTTD with five(!) players if one has grab...
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 13:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

grab is also good for piling on players against opponents with fend. As you can move them next to you and then pile on.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
grab is also good for piling on players against opponents with fend. As you can move them next to you and then pile on.

Oooh, didnt realize this Exclamation
Even though I rarely employ PO players its good to know for Treemen. Very Happy

Jump to: