44 coaches online • Server time: 11:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sann0638

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2016 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, take it. It's fun!

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2016 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I think +ST is good for the long-term, but Block is probably better if you want to win the 145 League Cup. Keep in mind that Krickack:Avatar of Destruction had +ST and he's the best Ogre of all time in Ranked. St6 means it's easier to get 3D blocks on St3 (1 assist) and he's harder to block. I also have very limited experience in leveling Ogres though. Wink
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2016 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

If you could choose, Block then ST would be better than ST then Block. But if you take Block now, you only have a 1/36 chance that each of his next skills will be ST.

On the other hand, if you take the ST now, he has a 1/6 chance per skill of getting Block.

Take the ST, it's always the right answer.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2016 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
If you could choose, Block then ST would be better than ST then Block. But if you take Block now, you only have a 1/36 chance that each of his next skills will be ST.

On the other hand, if you take the ST now, he has a 1/6 chance per skill of getting Block.

+1

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Fanky

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2016 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I would learn more about Dark Elves, can anyone suggest me some matches to watch with a good DE coach in action? : )
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2016 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

There should be plenty around. As a start I'd suggest Jokaero's team from a NAF tourney https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=837421 or PeteW's https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=811207. You probably can't go wrong with those.
NerdFrog

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2016 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:

Jeepers! I just rolled my second +ST on the Ogre on my human team! He was going mano-a-mano against a tree in my last game and survived! Need Block now!!!

Discord: NerdFrog (UTC-7)#5713
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/NerdFrog1/
Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2016 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Um I have a thought, No its not me whining or anything and this is mostly for the veteran players and maybe the people that are in charge of Club 145 and this might be me being completely blind but with that say....

I am looking at the team rosters and with the fact that its not easy to get game at all times. But I realize that I have no experience outside my Necromantic team and all that but thats not the real problem and the strategy under the races are quite nice to help wit team building but one thing that is the true thing that I was wondering is why do we have no option of perhaps having a veteran coach helping the newer coach out somebody that the new players can throw idea too that can also help with maybe picking skill having a build ready for the team by pitching ideas and all.

In my opinion and yes I am a loud mouth that land to make my opinions known but this one again i might be blind and it does exist... So basically it would help a new player learn the basics of team building and doing theory skilling with the veteran and maybe just maybe open the veteran to try something new that he never really thought or thought but forgot since he did not have it written down or anything.

Wish my English was better to make what i just posted clear.
Sableheart

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2016 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Generally speaking, the experienced players in the 145 club tend to be pretty helpful. Questions in the PM thread get answered quickly and thoroughly, and most of them are happy to give pointers during a match. There have even been a few who sent me feedback from watching replays!

That said, one on one coaching is extremely time intensive, and all experienced players in the 145 club have other teams/leagues/tournaments on the site to interest them as well. If you ask around a bit, you might find someone who is interested in coaching you personally, but a general program isn't feasible, IMO.
Gozer_the_Gozerian

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2016 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but it sounds a bit like what you are talking about.

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=5413&op=view

It is called the Faculty of Academy Instructors.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2016 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, hit up the faculty. We'll get you a couple good games, watch your replays, figure out what you're doing right and what you need to improve on. Good times, good learning.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2016 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Shydeon wrote:
Um I have a thought, No its not me whining or anything and this is mostly for the veteran players and maybe the people that are in charge of Club 145 and this might be me being completely blind but with that say....

I am looking at the team rosters and with the fact that its not easy to get game at all times. But I realize that I have no experience outside my Necromantic team and all that but thats not the real problem and the strategy under the races are quite nice to help wit team building but one thing that is the true thing that I was wondering is why do we have no option of perhaps having a veteran coach helping the newer coach out somebody that the new players can throw idea too that can also help with maybe picking skill having a build ready for the team by pitching ideas and all.

In my opinion and yes I am a loud mouth that land to make my opinions known but this one again i might be blind and it does exist... So basically it would help a new player learn the basics of team building and doing theory skilling with the veteran and maybe just maybe open the veteran to try something new that he never really thought or thought but forgot since he did not have it written down or anything.

Wish my English was better to make what i just posted clear.

Hi

I have responded to this in the pm thread earlier today including a link to the faculty Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2016 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi 145 fellows, this is a logo for coach bigkie's team, the Dark Land Dog Heads. We played yesterday and he told me that he don't have any programs to create logos so...

If other coaches of the 145 want a team logo, feel free to ask.
Maybe coach neubau wanna help too? Let me know : )
Throweck

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2016 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Fanky! Great stuff. Good to see the 145ers throwing themselves into it.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2016 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a really nice logo Fanky. Great job and great attitude Smile