11 coaches online • Server time: 04:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
neubau

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2016 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

hey, i already made logos for scotch Image (who still hasn't updated it to the fixed version Wink ) and nerdfrog Image, as they are/were my 145cup opponents and i like to have a nice atmosphere surrounding the games, so giving the teams a bit of fluff and doing something nice for the other coach tends to make the matches fun.

i'm more of an editor of existing stuff than a creator, so if your teamname is really unique it might be hard for me make something out of it. but it doesn't come for free. you either have to play me in a 145 cup/brawl/rookie rumble/minor or do something really nice for others here on 145.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2016 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Aaaaah my 145 boys are growing up.

*Wipes tear from eye*

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2016 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

oi throweck: Image
nThatch

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2016 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Did I see a possible st7 ogre? Now that is maybe why we always take strenght.
St7 Behemoths are fun!
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=3953300
Throweck

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2016 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

neubau wrote:
oi throweck: Image

That is awesome!

Thanks!!

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2016 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

neubau, your logos are amazing! Thanks a million for mine (Lionhearted (largely)) and will carry on playing with this team just because it now looks so good! Wink

Discord: NerdFrog (UTC-7)#5713
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/NerdFrog1/
thoralf

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2016 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

My Panama Paper boys could be bribed by a logo.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2016 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Great to see newer coaches making logos, puts a big smile on my face to see fluffy team bios Very Happy

For those of you who already are making them, or would like to click the link in my signature for the Fumbbl Image Library for 1000's of images on transparent backgrounds you can use plus guides on where to find software for free and how to use it. Enjoy!

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
neubau

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2016 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
My Panama Paper boys could be bribed by a logo.

Darkik992

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2016 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So, my Angry Puffins have been doing fairly well in the league so far (even though I'm not getting so many cas Sad ), and I have some money in the bank. My question is: should I be getting a troll or it's not worth its TV?

Neubau, we gotta play so that I can earn my logo!
thoralf

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2016 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice!

PM me for a game.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2016 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not speak about inducement a little bit?

I'm really surprised by the efficacy of the bribe, at least with Undead. I started to prefer bribes to the wizard. I mean, the wiz can be a game changer but is a one time thing, on the other hand, a bribe let me foul with the zombies any time i can. I guess this type of asset seams more compatible with the slow and steady undead advance.

Any tips and suggestions about how inducements suit better or worse on specific teams?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2016 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Inducements are not easily generalized because a large part of their efficacy is not only match-up dependent, but TV and TV-gap dependent. As well as depending on the skills on your players and your opponent. That's without even mentioning that a large part of an inducement's effectiveness is reliant on a coach's ability to utilise it in the most pertinent way.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2016 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Further to that - the "strength" of the wizard inducement isn't in that "one time" usage, it's what it can do in every other turn.

The "perfect" wizard forces your opponent to modify their drive to account for potential useage (bolt or ball) on every turn before you actually use it, allows you to steal the ball, retrieve it and then score; and either leaves your opponent unable to reply, or forces them to abandon their initial gameplan completely.
In a game about momentum, the wizard can ensure you always have it.

When you're thinking about taking a wizard, you should calculate how likely you are to get all of that from it. Or even just some of it, and then whether what you get from it is "worth 150k" compared to what else you could get for that price. It usually is.

But there's nothing wrong with deciding to play the kicking game. Especially with undead who often are very trim at low-mid TVs even while outnumbering their opponent.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2016 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

if I can play the devil's advocate here, lemme give you my advice: Str 6 YASSSS!!! xD I personally feel like Str 6 is totally overkill and you will only use it against Dwarves with +Str or big guys, but then again there's better things to do than tagging a big guy. Basically, Str6 is fun and useful in niche situations, but mostly redundant.
 Jump to: