15 coaches online • Server time: 07:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, this has taken a little longer than I had originally hoped, but ... here it is! Secret League Americas, the biggest, baddest Secret League league in the American timezone is now officially recruiting for Season 5! Very Happy

The dust has now settled following the Season 4 playoffs. Against all odds, MrNomad and his Northern Nippon team, SL Shogun, powered their way past all opposition to defeat Bazakastine's Araby team, Martek Magicians, in a thrilling final game, to complete their three-peat and win the Crown of the New World for a third consecutive season. Yes, you heard it right - SL Shogun have now won 3 out of the first 4 seasons of SLA. The Nipponese are now officially claiming Lustria as a new province of Nippon and are making plans to open a chain of trendy, modern noodle bars. The Grand Slann Necromancer, Sloss-ti (Lord of Lustria and founder of Secret League Americas), is not a happy toad - can no-one rid his kingdom of these accursed Nippons?!

SLA is a round robin league that runs on a weekly schedule. It's open to any coaches who will be available to play in most American timezone evenings (about 00:00 - 07:00 bbtime). In the first four seasons, the divisional structure has been somewhat flexible. For Season 4, we had two higher-TV 'Upper' divisions (East and West Coast) and one lower-TV 'builder' division. It seemed to work well and I will aim to carry on with that format, but will wait to see the spread of TVs before finalizing.

Following the round-robin phase, SLA typically concludes with a final knockout playoff tournament to determine the overall league winner. In Season 4, the top 3 teams from each Upper division and the top 2 from the builder got through to the final. Be warned: the past two seasons have both seen builder teams make it to the final Championship game - they are not to be underestimated! Wink

So far, we have had about 24 teams for each season. However, that isn't fixed. I will make space for any and all teams that apply. That's right! There is no upper limit to how many teams can play in SLA! Everyone is welcome! Smile

How to apply:

Established SLA coaches from last season: please confirm by posting in this thread if you are in for Season 5; which team you are going to be playing, and which coast you prefer.

For new coaches that want to join SLA: post here stating which team you intend to play. Note that only 1 team of each race is allowed in SLA (you can see which teams are already taken on the league's 'teams' page). You will be starting off in the builder division and you can find more information on the SLA group page, by clicking on the banner at the top of this post.

I am going to try to kick off Season 5 as soon as possible - hopefully this coming weekend, depending on if we have enough coaches applied.

As the legendary Saurus Warrior, Ixlsis once said: "First, bash them to the floor. Then, if they still move, bash them some more!" Razz

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm calling dibs on Clan Mors ... Wink

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams that are currently reserved for Season 5 (teams in bold are confirmed, teams not are tentatively carried over from last season):

Antithesisoftime - Khorne - East - 2270
MrNomad - Northern Nippon - East - 2260
Sigmar1 - Daemons of Slaanesh - West - 2090
Craftnburn - Kislev - West - 1960
dashergeaux - Kurnous - West - 1900
pafootball22 - Engineers - East - 1890
JellyBelly - Were - East - 1880
razmus - Zandri - East - 1780
Kzarik - Clan Eshin - East - 1670
Xelron - Lahmia - East - 1660
Tzalaran - Ethereal - either - 1640
Buu88 - Slayer - West - 1550
rodney_dangerfield - Necrarch - East - 1420
GotrekSlayer - Savage Orc - West - 1400
Bazakastine - Araby - either - 1390
Salad_Bar - Daemons of Malal - either - new
captainmalkor - Sisters of Sigmar - either - new
Azure - Pirates of Sartosa - ?? - new
pdarbs - Rasetra - West - new

Last edited by JellyBelly on Jul 10, 2018 - 23:07; edited 15 times in total
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Back with Araby either coast.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

E&A will return. We are resigned to being a Nipponese speed bump en route to their four-pete.

Unless we establish a rule that winning the league three years in a row requires a player pick a new team??

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, thanks guys.

@Sigmar1: That is an interesting suggestion. So far, I've been trying to avoid 'forcing' people off of teams they want to play, etc. Besides, it seems fair that the reining Champ should have the chance to defend their title.

They are beatable. They were beaten twice during the round-robin phase and only managed second. Baza was looking very good in the final as well, until the dice totally flipped on him Smile

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

@Sigmar1: Just to let you know - you have the option again of keeping the Bejewlled Helm/Braziere Thing permanently, seeing as you held it again all season. However, that would require you to play a different team this season, which you probably don't want to do.

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Khorne were declared
I've got one of the scariest looking teams in the league, I'm not changing it up yet.
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Clan Eshin will remain
pdarbs

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

oops. i am changing teams to my rasetra, rubble rousers
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I've changed my mind and will be sticking with the Were. SL Shogun must be stopped! Razz

Tzalaran

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The Dissaperators will return. Either coast works for me.
razmus

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Zandri will return (I can lose with them as easily as a new team), and would prefer to stay on the East coast. (While it might be a fun change to play against some teams from the other coast, I'm rarely awake when the west coast would be finishing dinner... Smile )

MrNomad

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

SL Shogun shall be returning to defend their crown.
Salad_Bar

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Tzeentch will be running with their figurative (and in some cases Literal) tails between their legs. Demons of Malal will be taking their place. (Team name Is Vanguard of a Lost God) Either coast works for me.
 Jump to: