42 coaches online • Server time: 11:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is min/maxing a problem in Blackbox?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 16 ]
No
38%
 38%  [ 25 ]
Who cares? Now where's my pie?
36%
 36%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 65

ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2016 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

My feelings? I'm not sure where they come into it at all, or why you seem to think that pointing out that appropriating "blame" onto the result of a game drawn at random is somehow necessary.

I never made any reference to your own teams, nor did I have any intention of doing so, and I don't really know why you felt the need to make that statement. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

As it is, what I will say is this - your original statements about blaming a coach's "sub-optimal team" for everything do not, and will never tie-in with your complaints about unfair scheduling in the box. I do not see a consistency of logic in such matters.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2016 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

So Wreckage, do you not support the rookie team protection? Or is this the exception to a general outlook that you have?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2016 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
My feelings? I'm not sure where they come into it at all, or why you seem to think that pointing out that appropriating "blame" onto the result of a game drawn at random is somehow necessary.

I never made any reference to your own teams, nor did I have any intention of doing so, and I don't really know why you felt the need to make that statement. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

As it is, what I will say is this - your original statements about blaming a coach's "sub-optimal team" for everything do not, and will never tie-in with your complaints about unfair scheduling in the box. I do not see a consistency of logic in such matters.

thoralf

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2016 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Well you are quoting without looking at the overall point. [...]

Box in it's purest form is the most honest. Box as it stands, for me.....isn't not.

Therefore, Box as it stands is a form of deception.

(Because, bghandras.)

Which overall point am I missing, again?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2016 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

I never made any reference to your own teams, nor did I have any intention of doing so, and I don't really know why you felt the need to make that statement.
Obviously to show you where I'm coming from and because my history is as good of an example as any. I was trying to say I imagine this same process is quite common.

Quote:

I don't recall complaining about unfair matches. I think the only two things I have ever complained about was needlessly getting rid of the max TV difference. Which I don't think this thread is about. And about clawpomb of course, but there is the only viable solution i see a rule change for clawpomb. Not a change of the box rules.
Well I guess you could introduce TS and make CPOMB more expensive but it would be just more of a temporary patch up rather than a real fix.
In the end I wouldn't really mind a box change, I just don't care much for it either.
Regarding the initial question 'Is min/max a problem I'd answer yes but not one big enough that it is worth talking about or necessary to fix'.

What I do feel very strongly about tho is that as some coaches put it that peoples attitude is the problem rather than the rules because they can never be fixed is something I do not agree with and do not care to hear.
That is basically what my statement was about.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2016 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. This is a trap. Because you, OP JellyBelly, make a question to prove your point(tv is broken). But the logic correlation between a (min-max is a problem) and b (tv is broken) is never proved.

Anyway, yes minmax is a problem. The issue tho is not tv. It's blackbox meta and, at best, tv based matchmaking.

Any rule you come with will be exploitable. Any system. And if it's not exploitable then it's flat and gives no reward for good teambuilding which is kinda lame imo.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I teambuild.
You sweetspot.
He minmaxes.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2016 - 00:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Please take this travesty to the CLAWPOMB Discussion and Complaints Thread

since it also includes Minmaxing!

Orite, and I locked it.