23 coaches online • Server time: 03:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2016 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't find any other thread on this so I'll start a new one.

Since this week whenever I play a game, the app crashes every 5 minutes or quicker.
"application stopped working" or a similar error pops up or just nothing, it simply crashes.

I can resume my game and so still finish it. It is very frustrating though both for me and my opponent of course. Because reconnecting takes at least 30" each time.

Has anybody experienced the same issue?
Could this be Win 7 related? I haven't updated Win 7 in a long while.
I might try to re-install Java though.
[Edit: Java Version 8 Update 101]

Last edited by El_Jairo on %b %15, %2016 - %00:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2016 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had similar in the past. Delete Java completely and reinstall fixed it for me. Might be worth trying.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2016 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I just did a re-install of java. But the same crashes keep happening.
But you speak of completely deleting Java?
Look in the C:\Programs folder and direct delete is after uninstall?

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2016 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a basic uninstall worked for me. I'll let one of the tech heads take over at this point and help you Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2016 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be most appreciated. I have tried uninstall and full delete, to no avail.

Yesterday a player told me he had the same kind of problem and that it went away, all by itself.

Maybe it has to do with the drives? Something the screen isn't updating correctly.

Or could an older version of Java solve this?

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2016 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I got just same here now. Reinstall did not helped my java.
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2016 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

This bug kinda sucks, as you have to reload the game each 5 minutes or so.
Or at least every time you are going to do something important.

Can be really stressy sometimes.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2016 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The same thing is happening to me, just played for the first time in FUMBBL.

Thing crashed 23 times before the match ends.
http://imgur.com/a/j2Pq5
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2016 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Dorfs_n_Gobbos wrote:
The same thing is happening to me, just played for the first time in FUMBBL.

Thing crashed 23 times before the match ends.
http://imgur.com/a/j2Pq5

Try turning off the sound inside the client and give some feedback if it still happens. Actually you might as well try spectator mode.
Dorfs_n_Gobbos

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2016 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Try turning off the sound inside the client and give some feedback if it still happens.

That was without sound.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2016 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Dorfs_n_Gobbos wrote:
Wreckage wrote:
Try turning off the sound inside the client and give some feedback if it still happens.

That was without sound.

So.. the first thing you did upon starting the client was to go into the options menu of the client and to disable the sound? Why would you do that? Did you have problems with your sound earlier?
Dorfs_n_Gobbos

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2016 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
So.. the first thing you did upon starting the client was to go into the options menu of the client and to disable the sound? Why would you do that? Did you have problems with your sound earlier?

Yeah, originally I launched the client while not having any game, and after a few minutes running it in the background it crashed on itself. After googling a bit, it was basically the first suggestion to solve it. So I did it, tried a game, and no dice. Reinstalled java, trying another one, still no dice.

It's pretty frustrating, since I do like the game.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2016 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Dorfs_n_Gobbos wrote:
Wreckage wrote:

Yeah, originally I launched the client while not having any game, and after a few minutes running it in the background it crashed on itself. After googling a bit, it was basically the first suggestion to solve it. So I did it, tried a game, and no dice. Reinstalled java, trying another one, still no dice.

It's pretty frustrating, since I do like the game.

It could have a million reasons why a game crashes. It's very little to go on. It very much depends how it crashes. Does it disconnect? Then it might be a bad connection. Which would need that cause to be investigated with again a whole number of possible reasons.

Or perhaps there occurs some error. Then the type of error would need to be investigated.

So I'm basically guessing here but Java has started distributing 64 bit versions on default... this may not be the best enivronment... can always try the 32 bit version...
Dorfs_n_Gobbos

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2016 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
It could have a million reasons why a game crashes. It's very little to go on. It very much depends how it crashes. Does it disconnect? Then it might be a bad connection. Which would need that cause to be investigated with again a whole number of possible reasons.

Or perhaps there occurs some error. Then the type of error would need to be investigated.

Usually the game just stops at random (more often than not on a period of under a turn) and then "Java has stopped working" or something along those lines. Is there a crash log somewhere? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I haven't really gotten used to the client yet.

It could be when someone gets blocked, it could be when someone moves, it could be when I'm not doing particularly anything.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2016 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Turn on your Java console to get a "crash log".