17 coaches online • Server time: 06:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah penalty shoot out should be a pass off first person to drop the ball (by either failed pass or catch) loses

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, lets think about introducing one of the dumbest ways to settle ties from a sport that's not even the closest analog to BB...
tmoila

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel kicking (beating) players to solve the problem of equal number of pig bladder run-ins is a good way.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

How about you set-up for kick-off normally for both teams then a bunch of kind wizards fireball each square of the pitch. Whoever has the most players on the pitch afterwards wins but if there's the same amount of players then the pitch is fireballed again! There's your reward for getting the equalizer! Very Happy
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2016 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Make it a Blitz event at default. If a blitz event occurs its not a blitz instead.
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2016 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Yeah, lets think about introducing one of the dumbest ways to settle ties from a sport that's not even the closest analog to BB...

Ok so 11 player line up on LOS only action allowed is block or blitz, whoever has most players standing after 1 Turn each wins

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2016 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The way we did it in my home league (when I had one) was overtime without a shootout: if nobody scores in OT it's a tie.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2016 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
The way we did it in my home league (when I had one) was overtime without a shootout: if nobody scores in OT it's a tie.

If the OT option were ever introduced in Ranked/Blackbox (which I'm against), this is the best option I've heard. If you can't score in 24 turns, you deserve a draw.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2016 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know if it is technically possible, but I would not be interested in any/every game going into overtime in ranked unless it is in a tournament that needs a result to progress.

Draws are ok. You do not always need a winner and a loser. It is a good life lesson.

If you're interested join the Fringe
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2016 - 05:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Also with how slowly some play...OT would turn people off
Munga

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2016 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

A gladiator style fight between halves. Last man standing wins a RR for his team. The loser takes an automatic injury.
almic85

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2016 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Munga wrote:
A gladiator style fight between halves. Last man standing wins a RR for his team. The loser takes an automatic injury.

you mean like URL this?

Isn't his how you are meant to solve all your problems in a modern world?

[/url]

If you're interested join the Fringe
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2016 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I these two quotes sum up why my idea was poorly thought out.

sheepycollins wrote:
The very essence of ranked play means every game must follow the same rules or how can you rank teams fairly? If you want to play games outside the usual ranked parameters go play league??

akaRenton wrote:
I think offering another way for people to avoid playing each other is probably not a step forward for ranked.

Probably stop posting in the thread now.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2016 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Make it a Blitz event at default. If a blitz event occurs its not a blitz instead.

I actually like it. Strange...

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2016 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Pros of overtime is the that it would determinate who will actually win it.. but coin toss is so OP.. is it worth it? Bashy teams would get better win-% (unless they failed to bash and agility teams get to receive).

Cons are:
- there is no spp in overtime
- more time for opponent to kill your legend (and other best players)

Because of those cons i think that i wouldn't mostly play overtime. Win-% and determinating winning is one thing for sure.. but i also play because i want to skill my players.. and for that i want:
1) my players to be healthy (which overtime makes it harder to do)
2) my players must gain spps to skill-up (which overtime doesn't grant)

I'm not against idea of overtime. It's just that i wouldn't use it that much.
 Jump to: