44 coaches online • Server time: 16:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fallen13a

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! I read a lot from this site but fist time I post ( seen that somewhere else lol)

I'm a newb. I begin playing blood bowl on a board game in a league this year. I'm in the final (luck was by my side) and I have a human team with 4 blitzes, 4 linemen, 2 thrower, 1 receiver 1 ogre. I also have 3 rr and 1 apo. Now I face a dwarf team with same TV as mine so about 1350.

1 of my blitzes won't be there... injury. SO I have a TV of 1210 for my final game. I have 130K in my treasury and my question is : what do I do ? Do I purchased 1 more RR, 2 lineman, 1 lineman and 1 receiver or any other ideas!

Thanks for any ideas Smile
bghandras

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have 150k in the bank? If petty cash is allowed, then you could buy a wizard for 150k gold and the opponent would get 20k which cant be spent.

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

That was one of option... but i'm thinking long time here too because I plan using that team in a second season
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

If you like the players you have, and don't have big plans for your money, you should seriously consider inducing a Wizard. If you don't have the money to spare, you might consider a Dirty Player Merc. Note that DP is less good against Dwarfs.

Last edited by JackassRampant on Sep 25, 2016 - 19:24; edited 1 time in total
Fallen13a

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone like Helmut Wulf ?!?
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 19:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I would say merc lineman if you can get them, preferably one with dp
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I would just get Babes and play crafty...

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so merc.... Not that I dont like the suggestions but like i'm saying : i'm planning long term here too not just a single game. But That's lot of good suggestions i'm really looking in
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 20:10
FUMBBL Staff

I thought that you meant you were down 130k TV from your opponent? If you use inducements rules you can use that free money to get a one time player, works like a star player but cheaper. And you can save your cash since you don't have to add into it.
Fallen13a

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass you are perfectly right... My bad I didn't write precisely my multiple part question I must say. I'm french speaking so please accept my apologies if I write in a so so english lol

Gonna rewrite my questions :
1- What should I do if i'm 130K down in TV compare to my opponent. But I also have 130K in my treasury (lucky me)
2- If I wanna had players for a 14 players line up am i making a good or a bad move ? Because thats gonna put me equal to my opponent in TV if I had 2 players
3- If it's a good move what should I Take?

And like i'm saying, I'm planning what's best for my team in this match but also in the next season of my league

Last edited by Fallen13a on Sep 25, 2016 - 20:26; edited 1 time in total
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

A merc lineman sounds like a good. Additionally, I would keep the amount you have in your treasury for the future for when you have to replace a blitzer, which will happen sooner or later (probably sooner).

On the other hand, if he is unskilled and you really want to better your chances for this game you could replace the missing blitzer but that probably isn't the the best idea long-term (unless the injury is worse than a "miss next game" in which case you should almost certainly replace him immediately.
Fallen13a

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
A merc lineman sounds like a good. Additionally, I would keep the amount you have in your treasury for the future for when you have to replace a blitzer, which will happen sooner or later (probably sooner).

On the other hand, if he is unskilled and you really want to better your chances for this game you could replace the missing blitzer but that probably isn't the the best idea long-term (unless the injury is worse than a "miss next game" in which case you should almost certainly replace him immediately.

He's a good blitzes. 9SP mighty blow but he lost 1 AG... so he's more a hammer than anything from now on
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

How long are your seasons? How much cash do you have? Are you carrying any other serious injuries?

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
How long are your seasons? How much cash do you have? Are you carrying any other serious injuries?

Our season will maybe be longer because 2 more coaches enter the league next season but at least 9 games

I have 130K in my treasury right now

And no other serious injury
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2016 - 20:49
FUMBBL Staff

I would stay with your current 12 man setup and get a merc lino. if you can get it with dp AND a babe (I forgot the merc math) then use that. Otherwise he makes for a perfectly good LoS defender.
 Jump to: