50 coaches online • Server time: 19:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2016 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

League of Legendary Teams

The greatest Necromancers from all the realms have decided they are going to make a bid to become the greatest Blood Bowl league of all time. They have used all their power to bring back from the dead the most legendary Blood Bowl players of all time. Settle this on the pitch on which team and players are the best to ever play on a FUMBBL pitch.

You may apply one of your teams from the Ranked/Box/League div. to stake your claim as the most legendary team of all time.

Here is how it works

* Take what you think is your most legendary worthy team.
* You will go through one of your teams active and past player roster and pick 16 of your best players.

* When picking your players for your roster you cannot take more positional players than your roster allows. Example a Human team can have 0-4 Blitzers, so a All Star Human team can only bring 4 of them. IF you do not have enough players who are worthy to be on the team you can play with under the max for a positional or leave it off your roster, you will just have more linemen then. You still must have 16 players on the roster.
*You will send me a PM with a link of your team and the 16 players you want to represent your legendary team.

*I will make a S. League roster for your legendary team. Which you will build your team from.

If this sounds fun then respond to this post and let us know you are in.
Blood Sea Buccaneers Legendary team

So, you take one of your current teams. Go through all your current and past players and make the most legendary team you can and send my a pm so I can make your roster for you.

Let me clarify the idea behind this league.

Many years ago myself and Brasky had All Star teams created by Christer to compete in a charity match celebrating Braskies 10000 match on FUMBBL. It was a lot of fun. It was more fun because the both of us had a All Star team of our greatest former players.

After the event there was some discussion of doing this site wide for all coaches to have a all star team of former players. Well, back in the day that was not possible.

NOW IT IS.

I want to stress this point. This league is most likely missed named. I want coaches to have a league where they can bring there best/favorite/legendary All Star team onto the pitch and battle it out in a league. That is where Iam coming from. This league will not be running all the time. We will have our kick off tournament and then maybe just do it once a year. No more than twice a year.

IMO the cool thing about the league is you will then have your own All Star team of your favorite team and get to go up against some of the legendary teams on FUMBBL. I have in my PM's 3 teams most would call legendary.

Last edited by PainState on Oct 01, 2016 - 22:27; edited 4 times in total
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Been waiting for this if at all possible. Working up the legends of the Aboron Furies.

Ulmus Alata will rise again!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

What about injuries? Do they keep them? A lot of team's best players get retired after taking a perm. But on the other hand, a lot of players only get to legend because they were kept with perms. Maybe you can ignore a perm if it retired them?

Side note: if we're going for the best team with perms, I nominate Liverpool in the late 70s/early 80s period...

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I'm in
I have a pact and a dwarf team that would both do well
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Another question: why not allow Stunty Leeg teams too? The likes of Hospital, Dirties, Smashing To Oblivion, etc could easily put out a decent team.

Whereas by allowing teams from L, you could easily get someone who creates their own custom rostered 0 game team of 16 legendary bloodthirsters with 10 10 10 10 stat lines...

Last edited by xnoelx on Sep 30, 2016 - 01:38; edited 1 time in total
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
What about injuries? Do they keep them? A lot of team's best players get retired after taking a perm. But on the other hand, a lot of players only get to legend because they were kept with perms. Maybe you can ignore a perm if it retired them?

Side note: if we're going for the best team with perms, I nominate Liverpool in the late 70s/early 80s period...

I bet Painstate's Buc example is how it'll be. All injuries forgiven.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState, you've made my dream come true!

The Sammiches would be honoured to apply. Unfortunately (well, it depends on your perspective), I'll be travelling again from mid-October to late November / early December, so I guess I won't be here for the 1st season, but save me a spot for the next one!

(And if you need help with the design of the group page, shout!)

EDIT - Pipin AND Berserkling AND Vampling AND Ratling, not to mention the rest of the crew, including a choice of 6 stat freak trees... How could I resist?

PS: would this guy count?

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=9096092

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hellbound Charioteers will join

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The Screamers can't (and won't!) miss this.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd offer my slann but seeing how I'd be forced to run 4 rookie blitzers (well one with Block) as they all died very early, I guess that's not an option...
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Will get it done soon. Thought it was top 11, don't worry, I'll find 5 more linemen . . .lots and lots and lots of guys died/got injured for the Arboron Furies. Smile
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:

PS: would this guy count?

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=9096092

considering you're playing halflings, I hope so.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Just went through my Pact team.
Ended up having to take 6 one skill marauders, simply because my team isn't several hundred games old.

On a couple players, took one skill over multi skill because the players had more potential
cowhead

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Will Inducements be allowed?

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I enter a rookie goblin team?