39 coaches online • Server time: 12:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you enjoy chatting in fumbbl matches?
No, I do not!
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Yes, I do sometimes
90%
 90%  [ 39 ]
Total Votes : 43

garyt1

Post 10 Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Jarvis locked the remove chat thread just before I was going to post. I had to add this related to the remove chat suggestion thread...

A crowd gathers. Desultory, a relatively newcomer has asked the village elders to consider a request. He doesn't like them but wishes to play them in matches but not to listen to them at the same time. A controversial request.
The Judge listens to the elders ravings that follow.

Jarvis pants, the only staff member present suggests Desultory move the chat window. JP leaves.
Desultory is not satisfied and wants all his foes muted.
Wreckage cries "No, what if they say something important."
The crowd start raging. Sage, Pythrr, Licker, MRT, Antithesisoftime and many others proceed to berate the Desultory fellow for his anti-social ways.
Cavetroll and Fidius laugh heartily. Harvestmouse weeps at the world and Craftnburn talks of suitable canoes to take them away.

"Without chat there is no FUMBBL!" says Arktoris's protest banner.

Hecklers in the peanut gallery shout "Go to play the AI on Bloodbowl, or against the fabled Grodbot!"

Timid Tooby steps up and surprises the crowd by saying "People are distracting."

DarthPhysicist and Throweck plead for Desultory to return to the bosom of society and be polite while Lemf murmours that "perhaps Desultory has changed his ways and is a flexible chap." The crowd drown him out in their rage.
Thoralf quotes his favourite passages from an Encyclopedia, a Chess historian's work, a dictionary and an Internet Discussion Pamphlet, but bizarrely reverses his position by advising "Tell them to shutup. If they don't it is almost assault!".

A disfigured man with a claw and bruised knees slams open the courtroom door. It is Smallman. "No one chats less than me! Zero Interest!" he bellows. He staggers back out as Pythrr curses and picks up his pitchfork. Keggie shakes his head about all the irony, and Nightbird roles his many eyes disturbingly.

Brasky stands up, hiccups, throws down his empty whisky bottle in disgust and says "Paper it over you fool!"

Mrt will not be restrained and says "Do you support Trump? This is Trump's doing!" While Koadah says Clinton must be selected even if there are superior alternatives. The crowd digress.

The Judge nods sagely and calls for silence. He says "We have thought on this deeply. The chat box will not be removed in my lifetime. But if Trump gets in power I will allow a retrial. For now Desultory will be allowed to return to the FUMBBL fold. But if he returns to my view in the next two months he will be sentenced to an eternity of playing v the AI on Blood Bowl 1 beta version.

Jarvis Pants returns and shouts for this nonsense to be ended in the pub.

Last edited by garyt1 on %b %23, %2016 - %18:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Now who want's a drink!?
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Bugmans XXXXX perhaps to settle the nerves.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

He can smear ketchup on his screen for all I care. I didn't say don't do it. It just seemed like something not recommendable.

Here are other solutions to solve the problem:
-Glue a really big bunny head on the screen and drag the chat over it.
-Use a high-end screen that is foldable like a piece of a paper and fold the chat window away.
-Open a game of slither in your browser window. Reduce it's size to fit exactly the chat window and drag it in position where the chat window is. The saved time you don't have to use to chat you can now use for playing Slither.
-Install a bot that constantly writes obnoxious things into chat whenever the opponent writes something. This way all the opponents words disappear on the top of the screen.
-Have your own text prepared and paste it whenever the opponent writes something.
-Put a box shaped object in front of your screen.
-You know Star Wars right? How the text in the beginning folds into the back of the screen? You can do something similar by just placing your screen in a really weird angle. Not bottom to top tho, rather put the left side of the screen really close to your eyes and the right side (where the chat is) really far away.
-Change to such a high resolution that you can't read the typing anymore. Works especially well with bad eyes.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You should have the option of "Always" up there.

Jeffro
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, there should be a "I chat so much I annoy my opponent!" option. I like to talk about my players as if they are real: "Boy Goyle the Hobbo is really shining today. He's usually such poison in the locker room that it's nice to see him really pulling his weight."

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

No pie option. I am so lost.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

No pie option. Why are wasting our time?

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

that is the consequence of Brexit: no more pies in time.
enjoy your delayed-servings, gentlemen.

the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

/me nods Judgely.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
You should have the option of "Always" up there.

Argh I didn't add the last option properly, just wrote the text.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol that was a fun read
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

"Without chat there is no FUMBBL!" says Arktoris's protest banner.

did anyone else notice that the day people started chatting about the up coming American election....fumbbl had a 25% increase in games that day?

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

So much awesomeness I feel my many smiles coming!
Sadly, at work my many smiles are not easily postable w/ a phone. Confused

Thanks for the laugh garyt1. Been a rough go of late due to the poor health of my father & that post truly made me smile many times. Sorry I cant show them all, but here's a few.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Nightbird! When I saw some of the posts such as by Smallman and Brasky on the other thread I thought it was in need of such a courtroom/village gathering description.