49 coaches online • Server time: 19:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 04:31
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Premier League LXVI

Game 2: Dlock's Wood Elf "Autumn's leaves" Image

I like to believe that the Trees are simply awesome against elves. Generally I out Block, Guard, Mighty Blow and Tackle them. Simple game plan: Smash them off the park. I am Rock! Cool

But Paper beats Rock, and the reality against the four elf races 7/6/6 is not the awesome record that I like to imagine.

Dlock's Wood Elves have a bit of a rivalry with my Norse. Not so much on the field, but a friendly banter off it, stemming from a joyous Norse celebration when one of his wardancers died. On the field things are a bit bleaker for the Norse, the two previous encounters were 1-3 and 1-3 hidings. However, these were both against a Wood Elf team of much higher TV (even brought Morg to our last encounter). This time, I'm the bigger team, and I felt confident of coming away with a win.

So yes, the same simple game plan. Use the bench to do some fouling damage. And blitz and block him off the field.

Drive 1: Woodies receive. Ideally I wanted to put on the hurt and force him to score early. Ref sent off 2 players, and the hurt was almost exclusively KOs. I did manage to strip the ball off him, but it was easy for him to regather, leap and score.

Drive 2: The shortest and most interesting of the match. I had two turns to score. A deep kick meant I couldn't easily get a cage into his half, so I went for the elf option of multiple receivers. A whopping two of them. I had wasted too many resources trying to smash him up on the LOS. So here's how it looked
Two options, use GFIs and try to clear the runner, or focus on the lineman. I chose the latter. Clark didn't Roar, and walked in to provide a nice Guard assist. Little Cat B, jumped up and smashed the Wardancer. Gox hoed in on blitz and cleared out the lineelf. Then it was elf ball time:
Dodge 3+ [5], Intercept 8+ [2], Pass 4+ [1,4], Catch 4+ [1,5]...... Dodge 3+ [1] Neutral
After the game Mathhammer wiz tussock helpfully informed me that my option was 26% chance of success, there was a chain push option on the Runner that was 34%

Drive 3: A very good kick had me worried, but I got the ball to Lorax. No strip ball, only one guard, only one wrestle, only one tackle. No way I was going to stuff this up. And...... I didn't Very Happy

I could have risked things and with the damage going my way scored early and pushed for a second touchdown. As it turned out none of the 5 KOs came back for turn 16, so I'd have been up against only 3 players. But I chose the sensible option. 1-1 draw.

Always fun playing against Dlock, long may this rivalry continue.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2016 - 04:32
FUMBBL Staff

Blog transfer complete Very Happy

Next up SWL Legends Slumbering Skink
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2016 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work RC! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2016 - 12:28
FUMBBL Staff

SWL Premier League LXVI

Game 3: Faulcon's Lizardman "Slumbering Skink" Image

458 games of FUMBBL is a lot. 458 games for a single team is huge. 458 games in a weekly league? - that's an insane level of commitment. The Skink have been going since October 2003. Thirteen years!

They've also been completely dominating the league this year winning all 3 Prem seasons before this one. I relished the opportunity to get to Prem and play against the best. How would I measure up?

Lorax vs Shntsyeooa
Image Ma8 St2 Ag4 Av6 Dodge, Stunty, Side Step, Diving Tackle, Sure Feet, Sprint, Leap (260 spp)
Image Ma5 St4 Ag3 Av7 Frenzy, Block, Break Tackle, +AG, Dodge, Sure Hands (134 sppp)

After I failed a hand off in the rain, Shntsyeooa swooped in collected the ball and stood taunting in the middle of a cage.

A corner of the cage was chipped away by a dauntless Old Fish block killing a Saurus (apoed). This freed up the Superstar Ulf.

Time for Lorax to shine.

Break tackle dodge into the cage. 2D Block on Shntsy [PUSH][PUSH}
Nevermind, I have Frenzy [BOTH DOWN][PUSH]
Never mind I have a Reroll.... wait NOOOOOooooooo! too late [PUSH][PUSH]

The legend skink does not have block.

0 - 3 loss for the retards.
Daudy

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2016 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hahaha, oh dear RC.

Reminds me of a game a while ago in the Bob Cup where Kai got -2db'd and took a Both Down Result despite the other option being a stumble (with no tackle) and him having dodge. He didn't have block at the time.

Brainfarts happen, look no further than my whole time in the SWL.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2016 - 08:22
FUMBBL Staff

SWL Premier League LXVI

Game 4: Semitence's Nurgle "SWL Fun Police" Image

The Fun Police, "Your fun is our priority", ruthless killers.

Inducements 600k: Wilhelm Chaney, Boomer Eziasson, Wizard, Bloodweiser Babe. That left 100k. I consulted the great oracle on IRC:
!8ball chickenshit Apo? - @Nuffle "ramchop: Not a chance"
!8ball dirty tricks? - @Nuffle "ramchop: In your dreams"
!8ball smart Apo? - @Nuffle "ramchop: Not a chance"
!8ball security blanket Apo? - @Nuffle "ramchop: Absolutely"

So armed with my security blanket the Freezy Trees tentativley took the field. At least Lorax (mng) would be safe.

Last time we met, the Trees got the first drive, and on the front foot removed most of the Nurgle off the park in the first half of the game (sadly they came back).

This time the Trees get the first drive, "Blitz", failed pick ups, failed block, on the back foot, the whole drive played out in my own half of the pitch. Security blanket Apo got called upon very early in the piece to rescue Gox from death.

So 0-1 down at half time. Wizard spent. A decent bench meant I lined up for the kick with 11 players. But the Fun Police were always going to happen. With diminishing numbers I had to play catch up. Semitence teased me with opportunities like this one:

Old Fish 9 squares away from hitting the unskilled Ag4 Rotter ball carrier. Dodge from tackler 4+ [5], dodge from tackler 3+ [3], GFI [1], Reroll [4], GFI [4]. All the hard work done, the strip baller could roll almost anything to get that ball loose. Anything.... but....

So, down to 4 players. There was only one thing we could do to stop the 2nd touchdown.
Turn 16: Prone Clark took a boot to the face. Armour broken..... Stunned. Sent off! Turnover Very Happy

0-1 Loss.

And look what the Nugle did to my lovely upgraded logo. Surprised But, we survived with the whole team intact! Just a mng Gox, and a few badly hurts and KOs. The Fun Police however now have an emerging star Pestigor who will feel what it's like to be Norse. Av7 Razz
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2016 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't wait for the next entry... Razz

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 00:27
FUMBBL Staff

SWL Premier League LXVI

Game 5: DrDiscoStu's Orc "Wäŋa Warriors" Image

The first time I faced these orcs I believe they had 3 Ag4 blitzers. I lost 2-1. Last time there were 2 Ag4 blitzers and it was a 1-1 draw. This time there is only one. Let's hope there is a trend there.

How did I open the match report last time we played?:
Ubirr III, Orc Blitzer
M6 St4 Ag4 Av9
Block, Dodge, Sure Hands, Stand Firm
"He is your team" - Semitence

Yes, well without his Ag4 comrades Ubirr III is now even more central to the team. There is however, lot of DT, SF, T, MB.... they are still Rock and I hate Rock. And how to stop Ubirr III?

Drive 1: I receive and the game kicks off in the best fashion. Blitzer niggled, Troll KOed, and the 3rd member of the LOS stunned. But despite my numbers advantage the orcs put the pressure on well. Ball carrier Lorax finds himself next to a DT SF Black Orc, but manages to blitz free. Gets himself a bit isolated and in comes Ubirr III for the 2D blitz...

Ubirr has many attributes, doesn't have Tackle but. Very Happy Doesn't need Tackle, Lorax on the floor, the ball bounces, onto the Black Orc, bounces again into the waiting hands of New Fish the runner. Catch 5+ [6]. Off they scamper into the vacated orc backfield. Despite a successful scrambling lineorc blitz, the good guys regather and score.
1-0

Drive 2: Can you think of an occasion where you need to roll a 1? Not a 2 or a 3, only a 1 will do. There is such an instance....
Ubirr III flapping about with no hands. An Ag3 blitzer failed a hand over catch. Norse swoop in, get the ball and score.
2-0

Half time. Still with a wizard and Boomer in my pocket. Feeling pretty confident.

Drive 4: Ubirr III happens. The wizard fireballs the side of a cage. Clark roars in and smacks Ubirr III stunning him. The Orc Superstar regathers, then fails a GFI. The wizard and Boomer don't stop Ubirr III, but they do help slow him down.
2-1

Drive 5: Two turns to score. The ball lands in my End Zone. Ball surrounded. Ubirr III needs to pull off some mega elf bullshit. Doesn't happen.

Norse win 2-1! Very Happy

Pixel sadness? "I'm helping you. It's for your own good"
Sod that. DDS's advice was to dump the broken Lorax and the broken Clark for my last Conf season. The broken pair helped me get to Prem, and have helped me foot it in Prem. The broken Yeti stays.

And to end the post - A big thank you to DDS. The game may not have been an enjoyable one for the orcs, but the coach never let on during the match. Everyone knows what it feels like to be seething at the keyboard, but to not let this spill over into chat and detract from the opposition's experience is greatly appreciated. I really enjoyed this game. A top sport. Nice One Stu.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks mate, but do I read this correctly? You are going to keep Clark??

PS. The dice weren't terrible, probably an advantage to you, but the game wasn't unwinnable for me. You played a solid game and I didn't, that handoff should have been done earlier in the turn.

PPS. Whenever you use an apothecary you are hoping for some 1's!

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 01:45
FUMBBL Staff

Apo means your opponent rerolls the injury, not you.

And yes, the big lug stays. Halfling armour is only bad when you get knocked down.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah right that's very true.

Your attachment to Clark is sweet, but misplaced. Actually I don't blame you for hanging onto him for rest of prem. But if it becomes apparent that you are getting relegated, and that moment, you should pull the trigger.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Semitence

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

S5 blodge means the armour really isn't that big of a deal. It's not great, but not an absolute dealbreaker.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2016 - 11:11
FUMBBL Staff

Game 7*: cdwat's High Elf "Griffon Gate Sentinels" Image

I'm on the Sentinels bio pages Rivalries list. At 0/0/2 the most successful of their active rivals. Wouldn't want to stuff that up. But there were more important reasons to win this game:
- a win would probably keep me in Prem
- Sally's Boot (a trophy to celebrate the fight between HEROES and DIBBL factions)
- one of my Season Goals was to remain undefeated against High Elves
- and he killed Pop! (the Trees' first and longest serving captain)

The usual game plan. Smash the elves. And the best way to start this? Quad skulls, Badly Hurt my only Might Blow Tackler (~1/20,000 odds) Shocked

I had been shopping before the game to ensure a healthy bench so I could kick the elves. First DP banned first foul (no damage). Second DP has another useful skill tackle, hmmm, OK put the fouling game on hold.

But then Legend Iolas, gets knocked to the ground. DP FOUL. Armour roll [1][1] Off!
Iolas decides to leap into my cage and wrestle ball carrier Lorax to the ground. We can't have that. FOUL.
Fractured Skull, apo, Smashed Ankle. Who needs Dirty Player? Twisted Evil

With Iolas off, I chose to push for the win and scored, which very nearly ended in defeat. 6 elves can elf! 2+ catch in the End Zone for them to defeat me. [1] A very tense game which so nearly went either way.

1-1 draw. My time in Prem has come to an end.
2/2/2 finished 4th or 5th. Quite happy with that as everyone had tipped me for the spoon Razz

And the season goals? 3/10 again!

1) Win PREM! FAIL
2) Beat Slumbering Skink FAIL
3) Score at least 10 Cas across the 4 elf teams SUCCESS!!! 12 Cas in 3 elf games
4) Avoid the spoon SUCCESS!!!
5) Kill or force into retirement a Star (>50 spp) not including one of my own! FAIL Though it's not too late for Iolas to retire Wink
6) Win a shiny golden player award FAIL
7) Have the big two survive the season unscathed (Clark, Lorax) FAIL Clark has Fling armour
8 ) Earn >15spp for Lorax on his road to Legend FAIL 11spp
9) Keep my unbeaten record against High Elves SUCCESS!!! now 4/3/0
10) Get a Stat increase on a player (62 games and only 2 stat increases. Come on Nuffle, show me some love) FAIL Feck you Nuffle!

*Game 6 was a bye
Keothi

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2016 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you've done bloody well this Season ramchop!
Premier League is the cream of the crop, every match is like your toughest Conference match.
2 win, 2 ties and 2 losses is very respectable.

And like you said, tipped for the wooden spoon and proved them wrong. A win on this last game and you might have stayed up in Prem for another shot at a better result next year.

Keep up the good work and hopefully Lorax makes Legend first game back next Season.
 Jump to: