36 coaches online • Server time: 14:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lucci

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everybody,

today i just read in the LRB6 that i can hire a champion instead of a journeyman. So do i can ?
And to do so, how exaclty do i proceed ?
I think that maybe, before clicking "ready to play" on my sheet team, i have to say wanting 0 journeyman & after that i can pick him/them at the beginning of the game. Doing so i should not have to pay the extra TR for the journeyman in question.
Tell me, tell me !
Feeling evil again !!!
Razz
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. Sounds like a mistranslation maybe. If your team has less than 11 players, you get journeymen for free, until you have 11 players.

Completely separately from that, if you play a game where you either:

a) have lower TV and so receive inducements,
or
b) use petty cash from your treasury to buy inducements,

then you can buy mercenaries or star players. Mercenaries are exactly the same as journeymen, except that they cost 30k more, and can buy normal skills for an additional 50k. Also, you can hire (a bit misleading, it actually means buy to keep permanently) a journeyman after a game (usually because he earned some SPPs), but you can never hire a mercenary after a game.

Star players are unique stars, who usually cost more than a normal player would with the same skills, and can also never be hired after the game. Plus, if both teams try to buy the same star, they won't play for either team.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You can choose not to take the extra journeymen when readying your team, and then use the extra inducement money to hire a star player (assuming you have the money). That's all I can think that fits this scenario.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote rulebook : "so you can use Star Players to replace players that
are missing a game if you wish"
That's why i am asking. With elves & 2 missing players, if i can save 140k to pay starplayers instead, sounds great to me... & fortunatly i know TR of my next opponent... Twisted Evil You know what i mean ! I know you know !!! Don't pretend not knowing...
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Then yes: you get journeymen for free, as in you don't lose any money, but they do add to your TV. You don't have to take them though, and you can hire Star Players if that means your TV is low enough to get the inducements.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

how do you not take journeymen?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a dropdown box "Number of journeymen" at the bottom of the team page, next to the "Ready to play" button. Set that to 0.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Lrb also says you can't keep more than 200k in the bank at anytime and anything over that you have to use in game for inducements as it should be added to your TV but I don't think we do that here either lol

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

sheepycollins wrote:
Lrb also says you can't keep more than 200k in the bank at anytime and anything over that you have to use in game for inducements as it should be added to your TV but I don't think we do that here either lol

Care to point out what page that's on?

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Sheepy i'm pretty sure that's just cyanide and plasmoids doing.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure you reach 220k in inducements so you can hire eldril.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
Make sure you reach 220k in inducements so you can hire eldril.

This!
kummo

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually it's in LRB "The basis for the new inducement rule is that there is a Bank, one which
you can store up to 200,000 gold pieces in and that beyond that any money
you keep in your treasury will be added with your team value at the beginning
of a game to determine your team’s overall worth."

From living rulebook. Page 63. Designer's notes.

Also page 23:

"Each coach may now transfer gold from his treasury to the
bank or to his treasury from the bank (remember the bank cannot
hold more than 200,000 gold pieces)"

But thankfully fumbbl site/client have skipped that. We have much more developed teams with longer runs that tabletop leagues/ladders are supposed to. In ranked/box environment (and in multiple season leagues without restarts) the gold rule just wouldn't work.

Actually i think that it doesn't make much sense in smaller TT leagues/tournaments.. but if it has to fit somewhere, then rather include that rule to the smaller (fewer games) than big ones (10's to 100's+ games).
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

In lrb6 it's on page 29 for me post match sequence point 2.5. But I can't copy it as on my phone and it's a pdf

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2016 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

That's in none of the CRP/lrb6 rulebooks I have.