44 coaches online • Server time: 09:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dscore20

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we please have Bretonnian and Khorne Daemons in ranked? So far, you can only play as them in a league.
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

They aren't GW official teams so I think they aren't ever going to make the division. On the other hand I see that Slann are still in Ranked (and Box) but they aren't GW official either. Maybe Slann should have been removed during the BB2016 update to the site and client.

But on the other hand were Underworld and Chaos Pact ever GW-official and they have been in the competitive divisions for a long time?

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you want two more teams when you can have them all. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

because Secret League doesn't use bonafide rosters.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Jopotzuki wrote:
But on the other hand were Underworld and Chaos Pact ever GW-official and they have been in the competitive divisions for a long time?

Chaos Pact (/Chaos Renegades) and Underworld are part of GW's Teams of Legend...
Teams of Legend wrote:
We’ve also included two other teams for which miniatures existed or which can be made using the new Blood Bowl miniatures range – Chaos Renegades and Underworld Denizens. These teams were added by the Blood Bowl Rules Committee several years ago and never made it to print either, but we feel that they still fit in really well with the new game, so they’re back.

I've assumed that makes'em GW-official, doesn't it?

ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a bit of a murky area:

UW, Slann and Pact were on this site because, basically, the rules being curated by the BBRC and used by the NAF included them. GW appeared to have no interest in the game at all, and - as far as I can tell - FUMBBL more-or-less followed the NAF's lead on many decisions (given the close ties, not surprising).

BUT... GW aren't really "abandoning" their product now. They're printing roster changes, and rules, and whether we agree with them or not, those are the official rules. The official rules do not contain Brets or Khorne yet. (They do contain UW and chaos renegades now of course).

Additionally, I've still yet to actually understand what due process the NAF carried out, and how clear their actual vote was/is. It began saying that the vote was simply so that results against/using DoK and Brets were to be recording in the database (they previously weren't), became "they could be sanctioned races, but will remain optional for a transitional period of flexibility". Eventually we got to the point where based on this vote people assume they are 100% NAF sanctioned (to the extent of some serious temper tantrums elsewhere)... But the last thing i remember being said was:

Quote:
Following the vote held in September 2017, the NAF Committee has decided that Bretonnians and Khorne will be added as races to the NAF database.

Tournaments will be allowed to include these as official races from 1st January 2018, but this will be up to the individual Tournament Organiser. The inclusion or exclusion of these races does not affect the sanctioning of a tournament.

Until this time the current situation will continue, which is that they can be included in tournaments but their games will not be recorded in the database.

The NAF Committee will at some point review whether they should become compulsory races for NAF sanctioning. No decision has been made on this.

Lastly, apparently the designers of BB2016 stated on their facebook group when releasing the "teams of legend" supplement, that they had zero intentions of adding Bretonnians and Khorne to the current rules. (However, this is GW, minis sell, rules change).

And without being coy about the whole thing - I hate the rosters, and Khorne are a balancing nightmare seeing as they only have access to 2 stars and as such, probably require what would effectively be more house rules on top of a homebrew roster for use in long-term divisions.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
koadah wrote:

because Secret League doesn't use bonafide rosters.

That is the best thing about it. Mr. Green

Jump to: