79 coaches online • Server time: 22:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jadawin91

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2016 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello

I'm new on fumbbl and I play my first game 2 days ago.

Unfortunately the bottom of the java client was cut off so I can't see the chat area nor the reroll area.

The main window area seems ok but the content do not fit inside and there's no scrollbar either.

My OS is Ubuntu 12.0.4 with a java jdk 8

Do you have any idea how I can fix this problem ?
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2016 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

change the resolution to at least 768 height
FTJUK

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2016 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I normally look to change the screen resolution to a more high scale but instead of pressing ok / accept I press revert. This normally results in a bigger java screen where you can see the bottom. Hope that makes sense.

FT
jadawin91

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2016 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for your advices but my current resolution is 1920 x 1080
ignatzami

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2016 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It's your windows controller. It's a Java bug. Switch from Gnome to KDE (I think) and it should resolve. It's a pain, sorry.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2016 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you move the window with xmovewindow?

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2016 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

ignatzami wrote:
It's your windows controller. It's a Java bug. Switch from Gnome to KDE (I think) and it should resolve. It's a pain, sorry.

really easy Sad

Do you know how I switch from gnome to kde ?
ignatzami

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2016 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

jadawin91 wrote:
ignatzami wrote:

really easy Sad

Do you know how I switch from gnome to kde ?

http://askubuntu.com/questions/70171/make-kdm-the-default-display-manager

This should get you started. It's been a long, long, time since I've had to go that deep into a Linux kernal. I'm sorry.
jadawin91

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2016 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok

Not sure I follow this way but if I have a solution, I will post it

many thx @ignatzami
mikere

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2016 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Installing KDE will fix it. However, you don't have to make it your default window manager, just select it as your wm when you log in on the login screen. Switching to Mint also seems to fix the problem (from Ubuntu). On another note, I lost another reply to this thread due to that stupid "post reply" button. Or was it another episode of PEBKAC?
jadawin91

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2016 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

mikere wrote:
Installing KDE will fix it. However, you don't have to make it your default window manager, just select it as your wm when you log in on the login screen. Switching to Mint also seems to fix the problem (from Ubuntu). On another note, I lost another reply to this thread due to that stupid "post reply" button. Or was it another episode of PEBKAC?

KDE is installed but when I login I don't have any options to select the wm
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2016 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

mikere wrote:

I don't think it will fix it. I'm on KDE (OpenSUSE) and the problem exists here too.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2016 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
mikere wrote:

I don't think it will fix it. I'm on KDE (OpenSUSE) and the problem exists here too.

I found the small icon on the login screen and yes it works Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

many thanks all and see you very soon on the pitch
 Jump to: