42 coaches online • Server time: 15:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you like the skill idea?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 18 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Pie On
23%
 23%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 30

bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

When the player with the skill "Pull" is blocked, and is pushed, the player may force the blocking player to follow up (if applicable).

In general this would be the reverse of Fend. The name could be Pull or Taunt, or else. I would say it should probably not be Strength skill, but General skill.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Taunt is the name I gave this skill a while back. I gave it to A access. for stunties and the like when I was writing my rules.

actually I still need to put the finished document on line somewhere.

with costed skills its actually not bad

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

This could be rather filthy in certain hands (Tents, killers, Diving Tackle), so you might put a save on it similar to FA (ie 2+, or an Agility test).
kummo

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

(The frustration when you already had text written but accidentally click "post reply" instead of "submit")

Does Stand Firm counter this skill? (I think it should?)

Or Sidestep? Or Grab?

Does it work on pow and pow/push or only for pushes? (I think pushes only for balancing?)

Does it work when player with this skill is being surfed?
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

it should work how freak in a frock wrote it way back - https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=freak_in_a_frock&id=9842

imo

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

So much better than fend... but personally for overall balance I'd prefer a skill that combines fend and pull... and call it control or something...
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It's an interesting idea, but why not add it to grab? It's a skill not taken very much, might boost it's usefulness.

DLE College 7s
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Should work on pow and defender stumbles too, and even on juggernaut bothdown conversion to push.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely not an S access skill. A would be a good choice.
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

and only instead of a blitz, maybe

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I love pulling linemen in real life football (american) and I like the way you are thinking about how it might work but on its own could be a very weak low skill (especially if other skills cancel or negate it!)

is there anything else you could tack on to add a little oompf? like on a blitz, said guy could simply apply a wrestle result on an agility+1 test?

*edit* just reread my inane thoughts, a little too complicated (and exploitable for a nice gang foul on a big guy) but you get the gist
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
It's an interesting idea, but why not add it to grab? It's a skill not taken very much, might boost it's usefulness.

+1. I think this would be a great way to boost one of the more rarely-picked S skills. I was going to suggest it myself, in another thread.

Could be a nightmare if combined with tents/DT/Shadowing ..

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I think adding it to Grab would be a great idea.. sort of giving it both offensive and defensive value. But really I'd like to see fend incorporated as well (since it's also a rare skill pick). I suggest the following:

Leverage: (General Skill)
[Replaces both Grab and Fend]
Through the application of proper leverage, skilled footwork, or outright muscle, the player is able to exert a significant amount of control over blocks, both as aggressor and defender. Consequently when a player makes a block or blitz against an opponent he may move the player into any unoccupied square adjacent to the defender. Furthermore, when the player is the recipient of a block the defending coach determines if the blocking player follows up (even ignoring Frenzy). Regardless of the choice, a Blitzing player may continue moving after the push result is resolved. A block involving players with opposing Sidestep and Leverage skills will cancel both skills and the standard pushback rules are used.

I could see this being a popular "Lineman" skill along with Block and maybe gives a reason for teams to actually WANT linemen. Wink

Edit: Heck, what if we made it a General, Agility & Strength skill, making it available to anyone with access to any of the above?

Edit #2: We could also roll Juggernaut's function in here as well.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:

Yep, this.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

well, I think I think it is a good idea Smile
 Jump to: