27 coaches online • Server time: 09:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yah, it's not a huge problem, but the solution is so facile.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

with all this seasons talk reaching page 88 and everything, I am surprised no one else has said anything about seasons encouraging T16 fouling, it basically makes it mandatory
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
with all this seasons talk reaching page 88 and everything, I am surprised no one else has said anything about seasons encouraging T16 fouling, it basically makes it mandatory

How so? I can elect not to foul any time I want!

(Plz lemme foul plz lemme foul!)
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

because when your money get added up at the end of the season cas = more money to spend on stopping your players from leaving. T16 fouling = extra cas.

assuming i read it right...

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'll still attempt OTTDs for that sweet stuff rather than take a foul, if the sole purpose is simply getting that sweet stuff.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
because when your money get added up at the end of the season cas = more money to spend on stopping your players from leaving. T16 fouling = extra cas.

Well, no, you are reading it right. Every CAS you inflict through Bashing or Fouling does give you 5K in hard cold gold on the season end rebuy.

It is way beyond laying out a T16 foul. IF lets say, the match has gone sideways. You are going to lose, no matter what. There are 7 turns left in the match. YOU FOUL EVERY STINKING TURN!!!! you get rewarded at the end of season for this if you inflict CAS.

The reverse is true also. You are up 4-0 with 7 turns left and the other team is shortmanned to 6 players....YOU FOUL and smash all 6 players for 7 turns because you are rewarded at the end of the season if you CAS 4 of them. +20K on your end season rebuy for being a ass.

Welcome to BB2016 + Season play.

CAS > TD when it comes to the end of season rebuy total value of your team.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Dirty Players are now their Tv worth in gold
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Garion wrote:

Well, no, you are reading it right. Every CAS you inflict through Bashing or Fouling does give you 5K in hard cold gold on the season end rebuy.

It is way beyond laying out a T16 foul. IF lets say, the match has gone sideways. You are going to lose, no matter what. There are 7 turns left in the match. YOU FOUL EVERY STINKING TURN!!!! you get rewarded at the end of season for this if you inflict CAS.

The reverse is true also. You are up 4-0 with 7 turns left and the other team is shortmanned to 6 players....YOU FOUL and smash all 6 players for 7 turns because you are rewarded at the end of the season if you CAS 4 of them. +20K on your end season rebuy for being a ass.

Welcome to BB2016 + Season play.

CAS > TD when it comes to the end of season rebuy total value of your team.

Yes this is what I took out of the my initial read through too, this ^
and also -

"WHY OH WHY AREN'T SECRET WEAPON ROLLS BACK IN THE GAME!!!!! RAAAAWWWWW"

sadly my book is in storage currently so cant look at anything currently Sad but thanks for confirming

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

AzraelEVA wrote:
Dirty Players are now their Tv worth in gold

This is very true. You do get rewarded now for fouling. Every time you lay a solid boot and hear the CAS sound effect go off. A Diablo II .JPG pops and you see gold splash out of the victims body.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

We had this discussion on TFF and I was with your line of thinking until it was pointed out that the only cas which get recorded are cas which give SPP. From DZ1, pg 24, under "Update Team Stats", bullet point 2: "Add any Touchdowns you scored to the Touchdown section, and add any casualties you inflicted to the Casualties section -- casualties only count if they qualified towards earning one of your players Star Player points, as per page 21."

While I agree it is unclear, given you don't record any non-SPP giving cas anywhere on the team sheet it would be difficult to award any cash for them at the end of the season.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

AD clarified this a while ago:

Update Team Stats wrote:
Add any Touchdowns you scored to the Touchdown section, and add any casualties you inflicted to the Casualties section -- casualties only count if they qualified towards earning one of your players Star Player points[...]

Otherwise even surfing and Diving Tackle could somehow count (H/T uncle Pythrr).

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

cool. that's good to know

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

This ruleset was built with me in mind. Smile

Block around the clock, baby.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Aha!

Jackass Proposal #3

1) You may end season at any time while not in a tournament, from Postgame (P) mode.
2) If your season is 31 matches or older, you get no MVPs and may not enter tournaments until you end season, and your rebuild gold is based on the first 30 matches of your season.
3) The past is one season. It doesn't automatically end now. You may end season any time in P-mode. Teams currently in P-mode must ready and play a game before ending season.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2017 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good

If season length is flexible, then you could potentially try and accumulate treasury by just hoping you roll well on EM, to grab a bit more rebuy cash (assuming it works like that)

If you lose a lot of money, you could just play more games to rebuild cash and end season after that
 Jump to: