69 coaches online • Server time: 22:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2017 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's all intentional. Puts everyone on a more or less equal playing field.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2017 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

So the way I see it, this is two new columns on the team roster: S (seasons) next to G (games), and WtR, which can be a value (30k) or a y/n (or y/blank) field. Rehire Cost should be clear to the coach if the team is in P-mode, but doesn't have to be visible on a casual view of the roster. Maybe a total rehire cost for all players at the bottom?

Then, at the bottom of the roster, where the team's stats are, there should be separate rows for "this season" and "all time" stats. There should be a link at the top of the roster, where "Show Matches" and "Team Stats" and stuff can be found, called "Seasons" which shows a detailed season by season statistical breakdown. It would also be nice if "Show Matches" had season dividers.

Plus of course an "end season" button with a number of games (up to 30) and a reset value indicated.

What else needs to change?

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2017 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. What about this?

You only get an MVP for your first 30 games per season. After 30 games, no MVP until you rebuild. You get credit in gold for the last 30 games in which you would have been eligible for an MVP (whether or not you got one, i.e. concession).

That has no effect going forward, but it means grandfathered teams would use their last 30 games, not the first 30.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the "games in which you would have been eligible for MVP" bit there, but that sounds like only the first 30 games would count for gold since after those 30 you would not be eligible for MVPs.

I do kind of like the idea of your first 30 being competitive and your last 30 being those which count towards your redraft money. Do you think there would be any issues with, say, a couple of elf teams in the friendly stage running up big scores to get more cash?
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Why should people with more time get more money? If it is a 30 game season make it a 30 game season. Same for everyone.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If I understand him he's saying the season is 30 games, but your last 30 for gold and your first 30 for SPP.

So if your team plays a 45-game season then games 1-30 would give MVPs and your TD/Cas from games 16-45 would count towards gold for the next season.

Under that system nobody gets more money, but you do get the chance to risk building your team a bit more (at the loss of MVPs and potential casualties).
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the "games in which you would have been eligible for MVP" bit there, but that sounds like only the first 30 games would count for gold since after those 30 you would not be eligible for MVPs.
Right. The goal is to make the reset gold and MVP count for the first 30 games. After that you can keep playing but you don't affect your rebuid, don't gain any MVPs, and can't enter tournaments.

dode74 wrote:
I do kind of like the idea of your first 30 being competitive and your last 30 being those which count towards your redraft money. Do you think there would be any issues with, say, a couple of elf teams in the friendly stage running up big scores to get more cash?
That works too, I guess. I was worried about less-than-competitive friendlies, but site rules already cover that stuff. High-scoring games are perfectly legal, but if you're playing to win you really can only go so far without collusion.

dode74 wrote:
If I understand him he's saying the season is 30 games, but your last 30 for gold and your first 30 for SPP.
Close. Your first 30 get MVPs, and your last 30 MVP-scoring games (so your first 30 games) count toward rebuild. The reason I proposed it that way is for grandfathered teams with 30+ games. So if your team is currently 45 games old, games 1-45 have already counted for MVPs, games 16-45 count for rebuild gold. If you play a 46th game with the team, it doesn't count for either. Then in future seasons, your first 30 games count for both, and after that it counts for neither.

koadah wrote:
Why should people with more time get more money? If it is a 30 game season make it a 30 game season. Same for everyone.
Well, this is really "something for everyone": it's a ≤30 game open season with a "friendlies" system for teams that have already played 30 games.
* It's a uniform 30-game season for everyone. You can go longer, but it doesn't help you. If you're in a tournament, it's a hard 30 games, so you don't have to deal with shenanigans.
* If you need 2-3 extra games to get your treasury right after the season ahead of a rebuild (say you rolled badly for Expensive Mistakes in game #29), you can have them, you get winnings and earned SPP in these games, but no MVPs.
* If you get mauled early on in your team life and you'd be tempted to retire them, now you can save the team name.
* If you want to play perpetual and shoot for 3 million, you can try. If you can't do it from ~2.1 million in 30 games, the road gets harder. Who doesn't like a challenge?

It does introduce a few questions (what if one coach is playing in season and the other one gets no MVP, then the one who gets no MVP concedes?), and it is a little bit gameable (a few teams will hover at low TV and occasionally get a huge wad of cash to spend: yes, I know fixes to this have been proposed), but the questions that I've come up with are largely fringe cases (old teams don't usually concede much for fear of losing stars, for example), and the real fix to the gaming of this (or any) seasons system is to put some consideration for large treasuries into the formula for the Box, which really has to be done anyway now.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I did misunderstand. It's basically a fixed up-to-your-first-30-games season and you can play friendlies afterwards if you wish. Sounds simple enough.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2017 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, k. If you concede, and would have been eligible for an MVP, you get no MVP. If you were conceded to, and you'd be eligible for an MVP, you get an extra MVP.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2017 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

So, to consolidate:

Jackass Ranked Seasons Proposal #3 .1

1) You may end season at any time while not in a tournament, from Postgame (P) mode.

2) If your season is 31 matches or older, you get no MVPs and may not enter tournaments until you end season, and your rebuild gold is based on the last 30 MVP-eligible matches (the first 30 matches of your season, except for grandfathered teams).

3) The past is one season. It doesn't automatically end now. You may end season any time in P-mode. Teams currently in P-mode must ready and play a game before ending season.

4) If a team receives a concession, it gets an extra MVP if it was eligible for MVPs. It does not matter if the conceding team would have been eligible for an MVP.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2017 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

JR has contorted himself into one huge pretzel with salt and cheese all over it.

Just make it a hard line 30 matches, you cannot end your season in a tournament, you can end your your season at any point up to 30 matches and we move on.

Shocked

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2017 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
JR has contorted himself into one huge pretzel with salt and cheese all over it.

Just make it a hard line 30 matches, you cannot end your season in a tournament, you can end your your season at any point up to 30 matches and we move on.

Shocked

Or...

You know, choose the alternative.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2017 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

We haven't had a 100 page thread in a while. Keep going you lunatics!

Jeffro
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
We haven't had a 100 page thread in a while. Keep going you lunatics!

looks like you actually killed the thread Laughing

Any official news on the seasons front?

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2018 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump Smile
 Jump to: