38 coaches online • Server time: 14:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Redgum

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2012 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Deep beneath the ancient mausoleum the crypts had spread through the damp earth. The stone steps that led into these dark depths were worn smooth from the ancient passage of his ancestors, but soon the floors became uneven. The walls, crusted with nitre, closed in around them. The ceiling, once vaulting above them with intricate masonry, now crowded their heads.
Before him the necromancer stooped. Riagán had no such need. Though he'd always been more a warrior than a miner still he felt some ancestral sense of belonging in these tunnels through rock and soil. The cold brought a chill that seeped through layers of rough wool and boiled leather, but he made no complaint. The torches they carried flickered and guttered, the flames made to leap or subside by the invisible drafts of air or spirit that moved around them.

Riagán had never feared death. He'd faced it before, many times. No one joins a team who doesn't at least consider that they might die in the game. Especially when he eschewed armour for the extra stride of pace it gave him; when he practised picking up the ball while others practised bashing each other, especially then he had wondered if death would claim him, but it was always curiosity he felt, never fear. The man he had followed then had perhaps saved him from death, and he hated him for that. The man he followed now worshipped death, controlled it, manipulated it, denied and perverted it. Riagán snorted at the irony.
"What is it?" the necromancer turned and asked.
"Nothin', just thinking about the strange paths life can take you down."
"Paths perhaps," the necromancer smiled, his teeth bright with reflected flame. "or tunnels, but it is not life that we are here for... it is death."

The smile broadened and the necromancer's arm swept open an old door, iron banded oak so rusted and damp that the hinges protested noisily as they swung. Riagán passed his hand nonchalantly over the haft of his axe, felt its familiar weight against his thigh, surreptitiously loosened the leather that covered the sharp blade, stepped through the door. The room beyond was small. On a sarcophagus a candle stood unlit among an armamentarium of the necromancer's trade. Vials and reliquaries, powders, bones, a small dish brimming with blood so dark it seemed black in the firelight.
"Death, huh?"
"Indeed," the necromancer agreed following close behind, stooped and sycophantic, like a hand-servant serving his master. Riagán wasn't fooled.
"You're not such a fool as to think you've a chance against my axe..." he stopped. The necromancer was laughing. It was a dry rasping sound that carried no humour and seemed to die in the air around him.
"Not your death my new friend. We are here not to bring death, but to pierce its veil, to peer beyond it and snatch a soul from the other side. To bring that soul to us and have it do our bidding."
"That's your way of doing things, not mine."
"Oh but I need you Riagán." the necromancer touched the flame of his torch to the candle's wick and watched the fire kindle. "You are to be the bait as it were. Few souls will come to me willingly when I cast my hand into the realm of the dead, this soul though is especially obstinate. But this particular soul, this one I am seeking, this soul knows yours. This soul may be drawn to your soul, even across the barrier of death he may sense you and know your familiarity. I am hoping that if he he will come to you."
"Bait am I?"
"In a manner of speaking. Not the worm on the hook exactly, perhaps the cheese in the trap. The worm is meant to be eaten: the fisherman sacrifices the worm to catch the fish, but the trapper catches the rat without losing the cheese. He keeps both and sacrifices nothing."
"maybe... the good trappers." The necromancer smiled again. It was not reassuring.
"Fear not. You will not be sacrificed. I need your knowledge of Redgum's game-plan. I need your knowledge of the Ruffians, but I need more than that. You are not the only player to have left Redgum's team."
"Breasal?" Riagán stammered. "He's..."
"Dead? Yes. That's precisely my point. He is within my power."
"But he won't co-operate. He won't help you. He was brave and loyal and..."
"Really. Redgum let him die. The apothecary leapt from the dug-out to save young Breasal's life, but Redgum placed a restraining hand on that apothecary. Redgum held him back, in case of greater need. Brave, loyal Breasal bled out his life's blood, and the man with the power to save him with-held that power. Just as Redgum betrayed you, he betrayed Breasal. He won't speak to me yet, but I mean to compel him."
The necromancer's hand moved more quickly than Riagán could have believed. He didn't even see the blade, just felt it nick him below the left ear, draw a short line across his neck and leave him. The arc of the necromancer's hand drew a pattern of blood on the opposite wall. His other hand drew an empty bowl from his robes. It was a small bowl. It was just like the one on the sarcophagus: just like the one full of blood.
Riagán tried to reach his axe, but his hand was numb and clumsy. He tried to talk, but the words never reached his mouth, his voice bubbled from the gaping hole in his throat in a language no living thing should understand.
"I know," crooned the necromancer. His long arms wrapped around Riagán. His long fingers, white and cold as a corpse's, pressed the dwarf's eyelids closed. In the darkness Riagán heard the patter of his blood dripping into the small bowl. He heard the necromancer's chants, incessant, insistent, at the edge of his perception and in the very core of his mind. The cold was worse now. The cut in his throat had let it in and it was filling him. His toes were lost to the cold, his fingers too, his arms soon to follow.
In the darkness he began to see spinning lights. They buzzed around his head like fireflies. They danced to some rhythm in the necromancer's chanting, some choreography that didn't belong in the living realm. They coalesced and broke apart scintillating to the edge of his inner vision. One came close to him and he recognised it somehow, though it was shapeless and indecipherable from any other of the lights he knew it. He reached out to it, and it reached out to him.

And the darkness exploded.

He was bathed in light. The necromancer's voice was still within him, but his ears heard nothing. He stood, and his body was not alone. Next to him a dead body lay, and when he looked down he saw that he too was a dead body. The dead arm raised when he thought that it should. Its fingers made a fist when he thought that they should. He wondered what else he should do but nothing seemed proper, so he was still. Something was eating his cheek from the inside. he bit it in half with a crunch.
"Ahhh," the necromancer's voice, echoing in his mind and in the dead thing's ears. "You're back." He patted the dead thing's shoulder and Riagán felt contented. "Soon we shall see if we have succeeded my friend." The necromancer leaned over the other dead body with a gaze of curious appraisal. "I told you it would be this way. My rat... and my cheese."

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2012 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Awards XLIII

Firstly, I’d like to congratulate Olaf, Clayinfinity and Espionage for taking out the Conference titles. Also, great work by Tribal to win the playoff for the wildcard spot with his human team. Stan and Beefy took out the reggies with dominating performances, lets see if they can back it up next season.

Leading the way with the most spp’s since the LRB 6 changeover are Hazem bin Khalifa al Nayan and François Englert on 93 spp each.

Now, welcome to the new SWL awards format for Season 43. The award winners are...

*drumroll*

Winner of The Touchstone Heart:
Little Leif with 112 turns spent in the mix for the Wonga Wonga Whalekillers.

Winner of The Disco Dan Ball : will be split between two premiership players with 8 touchdowns each.
François Englert of the Large Head On Colliders and
King Birtram of the Premiership wining Seussville Slammers.

Winner of The John Stone Boot :
Steel Graves of Mort Volente with 15 fouls.

Winner of The Eth’el Shield :
Tara Jackson the Treeman of the Treemate’s 90’s Class with 76 blocks.

Winner of The Geoffrey Grimwade Fists :
Nyarlathotep of Call of Cthulhu with 6 casualties in 21 blocks (one casualty every 3.5 blocks) narrowly edging out Kidder with a 3.6 strike rate.

Winner of The Replacemnts Knuckledusters :
Faoud bin Basir al Maktoum of the Bedouin Falcons with 12 casualties.

Winner of The Sin-ler-fa Slipper :
Fáelan the Fleet of Redgum’s Ruffians with 222 yards of rushing.

Winner of The Dustwind Strongarm Arrow :
Elisandro Luthien of Amazingly High Elves with 130 yards passing (almost double the next best place).

...And the big ones...

Winner of The Rising Star Award : is a tie at 14 spp between
Tony Armstrong of the Dark Swans and
Ulna of Gray’s Anatomy.

Winner of The Regional Player of the Season :
Super Beast of Ankle Grab United with 2 completions, 3 touchdowns and 5 casualties.

Winner of The Conference Player of the Season :
Faoud bin Basir al Maktoum of the Bedouin Falcons with 12 casualties.

....And the Biggest of them all...

The winner of The Duke Snakefield Medal for Season 43 is
François Englert of the Large Head-on Colliders with 27 (non MVP) SPP from 8 touchdowns, 1 completion and a casualty.

Congratulations to all the winning players, let’s see if they can back it up next season!

Post 9 Posted: Mar 29, 2012 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The Ruffians would like to announce the retirement of Eoghan Ironsides (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=8029465)

Eoghan was a foundation member of the Ruffians and will always be an honoured part of our history.

In the Ruffians' first ever game Eoghan threw a block that should have killed one of the zombies from BBQers Rise Again. Only DC's necromancy denied him the RIP.

In the second game Eoghan suffered a smashed hip, the effect of which slowed him (even by Dwarf standards) and caused him to play out his career in constant pain. He would never admit that the injury hampered him, playing through every game since his recovery and frequently volunteering for LoS duty. Unfortunately, despite throwing over 100 blocks, Eoghan never again caused a CAS. He was once recognised as the match MVP (co-incidentally also vs the BBQers) and received 1 Twahnlow vote in his career (from Greg n White, coach of the Vanisburg Vipers).

He has seen his team-mates develop around him and finally feels that the team is poised for success without him, and he can finally rest.

The Ruffians wish to express their sincere thanks to Eoghan for his contribution to their successes and the club history, and wish him all the best with his future endeavours.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2012 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

So, Faulcon’s Slumbering Skink have reached game 300 – an incredible achievement in a league setting and something definitely unique to SWL in the world of blood bowl. We have managed to corner Faulcon for an interview, to gain some insight into this complex character’s head.

Tomay: I’ll start with the best question, in the 300 games, is there a single game that stands out as the most memorable?
Faulcon: memorable for good reasons or bad?
Tomay: whatever sticks out.
Faulcon: Can't really narrow it down to one game then I think
Faulcon: there was the game against erik where we were down 2-0 with 3 turns to go
Faulcon: and came back to make it a 2-2 draw, I believe that was in a premier winning season and a vital game though I can't be sure
Tomay: awesome
Tomay: What is the lowest or least memorable moment in the skinks history?
Faulcon: 6-0 thrashing by flo's zen adepts when we had 9 lizards (8 after turn one) will be hard to ever forget

Tomay: In your opinion who has been the skinks most influential player?
Faulcon: I'd have to go with a 3 way tie
Faulcon: Xies-ler-aym was probably the best known and our only legend. But he never won the title. So that kind of leaves him out
Faulcon: Sort of like the LeBron James of the skinks
Faulcon: Then there was Sin-ler-fa who never reached quite the same individual heights as Xies-ler-aym but did get 3 championships
Faulcon: And finally for the big lizards, Klbll who was a monster on the pitch and won us several games through his mobility and hitting
Faulcon: (and was eventually killed by a khemri foul)
Tomay: Who has been your personal favorite Skink and Saurus?
Faulcon: Xies-ler-aym for the skink. Only legend, 110 games, you just can't compete with that despite his lack of silverware
Faulcon: S-lor'i for the saurus
Faulcon: 3 completions in a single game.

Tomay: Which team is the skinks greatest rival and why?
Faulcon: Team or coach? Most of our rival teams tend to disappear just when things are getting interesting
Tomay: team and coach
Faulcon: Well early on I'd say it was Sandune and his Southside Stone Smashers
Faulcon: In recent times there haven't been enough seasons yet to really develop a rivalry with a new team and just about every coach who has played more than 3 seasons in premier is a rival
Tomay: Which team has been your favorite to play against?
Faulcon: I don't think there has been one
Tomay: hahaha
Faulcon: Every team can be a great game depending on the day
Faulcon: e xcept for dorfs
Faulcon: They're never up there!
Tomay: I thought the asgardians skink matches were very memorable from a spectators point of view
Faulcon: One of those would have been a top three game to be honest
Faulcon: Beating toonie in round 7 in conference to deny him his first trip to premier (and taking it for myself too)

Tomay: In your opinion, are lizardmen stronger or weaker in a league setting for lrb6?
Faulcon: I don't think the lizards are changed that much in lrb6. Of course that may change if we get more munchkin cdorfs (I'm looking at you barre)
Tomay: Would you rather have a Kroxigor with block, or a skink with ag4?
Faulcon: ag4 skink
Faulcon: every time
Tomay: We’ve recently seen you switch styles from an elusive style with break tackle to a more bashing, strength-based approach, why is that?
Faulcon: Just felt like a change, had been doing the elf style game for a while and a complete restart was the best time to change it up. Also having 0 rerolls made it an essential survival issue.

Tomay: What would be your advice to a new SWL coach looking to achieve success in the league?
Faulcon: Persistence. And if you know you can't win a game there's no shame in going into survival mode, you need to be competitive in your next match too.

Tomay: What is your secret to staying motivated to play with the same team for so long?
Faulcon:History. I'm not sure how people stay motivated with playing different teams regularly. The skinks are pretty much my bloodbowl world.
Tomay: Of your Premiership title wins, which one do you feel was the toughest?
Faulcon: Probably the third one, but it's close with the most recent title
Faulcon: I vaguely recall holding OB off for a 1-1 draw with 3 lizards left and 3 turns receiving the kickoff
Faulcon: and the final table was a tie between us

Tomay: Is it true you can remember the names of all your players off the top of your head?
Faulcon: No, sadly I can't.
Faulcon: Only the most memorable ones.
Tomay: that was a rumour
Tomay:c an't tell you who started it though!
Tomay: Do you have any thoughts of retiring the skinks now they have reached game 300?
Faulcon: Nope
Tomay: Will there ever be a greater team than the skinks?
Faulcon: In my personal opinion? Not in the swl. Don't know about any other leagues to say.
Faulcon: There may be coaches who have amassed a better record over the course of their SWL games
Faulcon:but not an individual team.
Tomay:Thanks for your time mate and congratulations on a great achievement, anything more you want to add?
Faulcon:Looking forward to game 400.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2012 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The somber, empty Gumbeast United clubhouse / tomb was unusually animated with the 300th SS game.

Aged stars were reanimated for the event to relive the glory days - Tommy Drago reflected that while GU were 2/0/1 over their old reptilian rivals it is an amazing achievement for coach Faulcon (famed for his LOOONG games) to have spent so long commited to the SWL! If each game takes 2 hours - that is 25 days infront of Bloodbowl!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2012 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Bedouin Falcon's coach's comments can be found in the match report here
Foad

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2012 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome write-up as always Clay!

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2012 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

For many years the voice of the SWL was a gruff retired orc blocker, by the name of Bob Borc, no-one needs to be reminded of his greatness, as during his time he went out of his way to ensure everyone knew about it. After many years behind the mic though, the voice of the SWL disappeared.

Most put his absence down to showmanship and continued as normal, however after the season was well into the downhill side when Mr Swan stepped forth to call the games, a long time coach in the SWL, coaching the great Carlton United, there was no finer man to step into an Orc's shoes.

Now it is Mr Swan's turn to go missing, not a word from him in days and the season is in progress. Unlike last time though a stranger has stepped up to the box, with a cock sure attitude and violent temperament no-one thought to question this outsider breaking in on hallowed territory. Always obscured no-one knew his true identity, until now!

In a tell all interview the mysterious stranger is now revealed.

Transcript:
MagGeek: Welcome Mysterio
Mysterio: Urgh
MagGeek: err.. right.. Your rise to become the voice of the SWL is surprising to most, how did it come about?
Mysterio: There was an opening, I took it.
MagGeek: .. ok then.. Mr Swan has been doing a brilliant job before he went, do you know why he left?
Mysterio: dunno
MagGeek: So tell us about yourself, nobody knows who you are, would you like to share your past with us?
Mysterio: It's why I'm here *pulls back his hood*
MagGeek: *gasp* *stammer* Y-y-you?! We all thought you were.. dead!
Bob Borc: You was wrong! I'm back B*()&tches! *flexes his mighty green/black pecks*
MagGeek: *more stammering* W-w-where have you been?
Bob Borc: Close! Close enough to see you puny fools fawning ova that trumped up scrawny rat Mr Swan!
MagGeek: Ah Y-y-you know what I s-s-said earlier, it's n-not w-what I think, my editor t-told me to say it.
Bob Borc: I'm your editor now puny man!
MagGeek: Y-yes sir.
Bob Borc: You're fired! *splotch*
Bob Borc (grabbing the mic): Any more of you fools wanna talk about Mr Swan!? He's gone! This interview is done! Play your matches coawrds!! Bob out.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2012 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to François Englert.

SWL's first CRP Centurion.

Took you 4 MVPs to get there so really you're on 81 and Fáelan the Fleet (Currently SWL's = leading scorer of the CRP era)is on 88, but still... Good effort for a bull-man.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2012 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Disco Dan, from the Southern Wastes Gazetteer reporting a feel good story highlighting the marvels of exceptional Occupational Health & Safety in the Old World.

A special award was handed out theis week to the Blackwater Sting, after the Pon Fhar Athletics Association game, as reports came in that mopp's elves actually managed to kill someone.

Now like any good undead player he was able to walk it off - but this leaves the Blackwater Sting as safest team in the SWL, going 5 seasons without causing a fatality. In fact in 31 games they've only caused 5 perms (3 of them in 1 game, against some frogs - so they hardly count).

As a ray of sunshine for the fans tired of watching sad and tragic bash teams, the Sting have compiled a very credible record of 16/7/8 falling short of qualifying for premier on a number of occasions with unexpected losses in the final round.

When asked about their promotion chances this season, with just one must-win match remaining, spokesperson David "Tight Lips" Gambino made the comment "No Comment".
Enigma179

Post   Posted: May 22, 2012 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Disaster Strikes!

On their way to the premier league after a quite successful conference season, the Quotable Folks held their customary end-of-season banquet in high spirits. However, the very next day the entire squad, along with most of the coaching staff and cheerleaders fell ill, barely able to move, let alone play! In an official press statement, between vomiting into a nearby bucket, head coach Enigma stated that where the poisoning came from exactly is unknown, but the team apothecary has confirmed that snake eyes in the soup were a major contributor. The effects will last; permanently, in fact, unless the proper ingredients as an antidote are brought in! In the meantime however, the Folks' second shot at the premiership will have to wait another day. The source of the contamination is yet unknown; rumours circulate that one of the potential wildcards did it to ensure a spot in the premier league, or that Enigma did it himself to "toughen the lads and ladys up". In any case, these are some wood elves who won't be leaping around the field any time soon!

Post   Posted: May 22, 2012 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Will this unlikely Elfin illness save the Bedouin Falcons? and if so does that make Clay's Dwarfs the Number One suspects in this horrendous act of sporting sabotage?

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2012 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

They sat on the same benches they always sat upon. The same tavern, the same ale, the same sussurant crowd milling around to bask in the reflected glory of their heroics. It was always such after a victory, but amongst themselves the mood was different this time.
'My mind is made up,' Éanne said. 'I'm done. I'm out.'
'But you're one of our best,' Dáire assured him.
'Your interceptions alone!' Coilin enthused.
'We owe this win to you today Éanne,' Cadeyrn said. When he spoke the others fell silent and listened. 'Dodging away and blitzing John Dunne. It was all or nothing, against one of their best players, and you flattened him. Without that I would never have gotten the ball. They would have scored and we would have been fighting for the draw.' He took a sip of ale. 'But right from the start I knew you were meant to be a star. I remember your third game. Riagan had left us and we were looking to someone with pace, someone who could carry the ball. You fit the bill perfectly, you showed that when you scored against those frogs from Blue Green Envy, but against the Far Coast Forestals? I've never seen a game like it. Not before and not since. Not from a Dwarf. The pass, the TD, the CAS, the Interception! You were everywhere! How they gave Máedóc the MVP...' he smiled with gentle mockery.
'Hey Cap!' Máedóc complained drunkenly, 'Those blocks I threw were crucial that day, same as the ones I threw today.' His ersatz outrage gave way and a broad grin emerged from his beard.
'You know they just give you those awards because you're too stupid to wear a helmet,' teased Lóegaire.
'Certainly makes me stand out,' Máedóc replied. It was bluster and it got a round of laughs less than it deserved. Less than it would have on other days.
'Look at me now though,' Éanne said. His arm was slung across his chest. 'I can't even lift my hand, all cause of some nobody stomping me while I was down! The apothecary says it'll never be the same. Remember Garbhán, he was going to be a star too. He threw eleven blocks against the BBQers back in XLI. That was the record at the time-'
'Equal record,' Drust grunted.
'Fine. Equal. My point is he was never right again after his collarbone went. I won't be either. It's not like Old Ironsides playing four and a half seasons with a smashed hip. Not even like Máel coming back from the broken neck. If I can't push guys off me what's the use?'
No one disagreed. The mention of Máel brought them all back to their drinks.
'He sure was a tough unit,' Bréanainn said.
'Yeah he was,' Éanne agreed. There was general murmured agreement. 'And this morning he lined up, as he had dozens of times before, and before he could even move he was flattened.'
'I was in the dug-out when they brought him in' Fáelan said. His voice was soft but it carried well enough. 'He was unconscious, but the Apothecary brought him back. Blood was pouring out of his ears. They got his helmet off and half his skull came with it, but he blinked and tried to listen. The apothecary said he could save him. He said he could patch the wound and stitch the skin, but the bone was broken and he wasn't going to be able to fix that. He told Máel he could keep him alive, but if he ever played again he'd be fragile. Any hit to the head could see him knocked-out, or worse. Máel propped onto one elbow then, whispered something I couldn't hear. The Apothecary mustn't have heard it either because he leant in real close. Máel's fist came around and crashed into the apothecary's skull right behind the ear. The apothecary went down in a heap. Máel just lay back and closed his eyes. He never opened them again.'
There was a silent moment as they let the story fill the room.
'Legend,' Drust said. 'That's what I shoulda done! That bloody apothecary brought me back too. I shoulda knocked his block off first. Bloody Máel. Always was smarter than me I s'pose.'
There was laughter.
'You're mad Drust,' Cadeyrn said with a grin.
'Damn right I am. I'm bloody furious!' The Slayer leapt onto the table and howled out a battle-cry. He beat his fists on his bare chest and roared. He took up two tankards of ale and smashed them against each other before tilting both back and gulping at each in turn. Then he held them both up, half-empty, and wiped the froth from his mouth with his forearm. 'To Máel. Who broke his neck and his skull and still had the strength to choose death! And to Éanne, because someone had to go after the ball while the rest of us were hurting the opposition.' He grinned and Éanne grinned back.
'To all those who have fallen in their service to the Ruffians,' Cadeyrn intoned with his own tankard raised. 'That we may honour them with victories, and a return to the Premier League!'
The Ruffians raised their raucous voices, and their fans joined the cry so that throughout the night the tavern reverberated with the chanting and singing of drunken dwarfs.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2012 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The XLVI Regional 'Future Stars' Team has been announced:

Skinner (c) Werewolf Horrors of Skye
Jelliore (c) Bull Centaur Joking Jesters
Sonny Liston Human thrower United States of Vanilla
Eudes De Sully Elf Catcher Harlequins of Despair
Adml. Thorgrim Dwarf Blitzer Ironbeard Privateer Company
Uncle Sam Human Blitzer United States of Vanilla
Thomas O'Martin Pestigor Bayshore Brawlers
Sebastione Hobgoblin Joking Jesters
Riccardoco C.Dwarf blocker Joking Jesters
Kinkle C.Dwarf Blocker Jocking Jesters
Yelithe Flesh Golem Urgathoa's Children

Skinner and Jelliore have been named as co-captains of the XLVI Future Stars after stand-out opening seasons in the SWL.

Skinner played in all 7 games, amassing 4TDs, 4CAS, a completion and an interception despite playing in a team with a losing record for the season. With over 40 yards rushing and over 40 blocks Skinner was an important contributor to both attack and defence.

Jelliore also played in every game, and averaged a TD a game, finishing with 7 scores from over 140 rushing yards. He also caused 2 CAS and completed a pass. He is an unusually athletic and agile player for a bull and was always a threat on offence. He played a large role in seeing his team to the Regional Runner-up position and promotion to the Conferences.

Sonny Liston only played in 6 games but regularly showed why he was so valuable to his team. Highly adept at using the short pass to open up the opposing defence he finished with 74 rushing yards and 11 completions for the season.

Eudes De Sully was the exclamation point on many of the Harlequins greatest plays. With 4 TDs from 7 games and only 40 rushing yards he demonstrated the value of always keeping option a scoring option.

Admiral Thorgrim the Grey only managed to play 5 games but with 4TDs, 4CAS and a pass he showed that he didn't need a lot of field time to make a big impact. His game against the Fraud Squad was particularly impressive, only an Interception away from the Perfect Larsson.

Uncle Sam was a brutal presence in the 6 games he played. Finishing the season with 5 CAS, including 2 in the final round 4-0 romp over the Horros of Skye, showed how effectively he could use his prodigious strength. His 66 blocks for the season was the most of any Regional player.

Tomas "The Rover" O'Martin averaged a CAS a game despite seriously breaking his ribs and missing a match, finishing the season with a 5 from 5 record. He dominated the Fraud Squad, causing 3 CAS and also scored his team's first ever TD.

Sebastione might almost have gone un-noticed in most of his 5 games, finishing the season with single digit stats for passing, rushing and blocks. It was when his opponents were weakest though that he came into his own with 7 fouls at an average of 1.4 per game. Unfortunately a broken collar-bone has brought an abrupt end to his career, but he will take the honour of this selection into retirement.

Ricardoco was a stalwart of the Joking Jesters, racking up 110 turns in 7 games, throwing 64 blocks (an average of over 9 per game) and causing 7 CAS (at an average of 1). His sharply mutated claws and vicious strikes will mark him one to fear in future seasons.

Kinkle was often shoulder-to-shoulder with Ricardoco and so has followed him into this representative team. With slightly more turns (113) there was no player who saw more action, and he walked away with a respectable 5 CAS from 62 blocks.

Yelithe provides the strength to the team. He is extremely reliable, playing every one of his team's 122 turns in the season, most of these in the thick of the action at the Line of Scrimmage. He finished the season with only 1 CAS, but sometimes the stats don't tell the whole story and Yelithe's hard graft is deservedly recognised.

Congratulations to all the regional Representatives. Tune in to Channel BB shortly for a full run-down of the Conference Representative Team as we continue our build-up to that night of nights, the Premier League All-Star Team and Official SWL Awards dinner.
tribalsinner

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2012 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome!!