14 coaches online • Server time: 06:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Semitence

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Official communication redacted

Last edited by Semitence on %b %06, %2015 - %04:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
heretek

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

***The Kiwiana Cavaliers changing rooms***

"Let go of me! Let go! I'll kill him!"

A suit-wearing Goblin thrashed in the combined grip of the Cavaliers two Blitzers, Lemon & Paeroa. It was taking all the prodigious strength of both Elves to keep the diminutive greenskin from breaking free. An Elven thrower was cowering in the corner, sporting a broken nose. The clipboard lying in splinters at his feet gave some clue as to what had been used to inflict that injury.

"Now, coach," Jandals placed himself between coach Heretek and the object of his ire, hands raised. "It's not Fish's fault Buzzy got hurt."

"You're a dead man!" Heretek screamed around the conciliatory Catcher. "I should have let you die on the pitch!"
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2015 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

RAMPANT CHEATING EXPOSED!
Wäŋa Times

Bobs and Tomay who are both admins and coaches have once again had his integrity brought into question. At this point everyone assumes that any game featuring either of those is 'set up' to some capacity, but now they are now more brazen than Sepp Blatter! Just look at the points that Bobs managed to get after his "Win":

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!

Last edited by DrDiscoStu on %b %13, %2015 - %02:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2015 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Fine. Cotton. 'nuff said.

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2015 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

He ended a 12 game streak, with Tomay's first defeat.

Let him have the points I say...

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2015 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Rampant Cheating Denied
Lesser Lustrian Tribune

In Response to an article hosted in our sister paper the Wana Times, accusing the SWL Hunting Crocs of cheating,Coach Bobs had this to say.

"Who the heck are those guys, I don't even read the paper (or anything else for that matter). I've always said if you have to cheat to win you shouldn't play. I'm sure that it's simply a clerical error that will be quickly resolved now that it's been pointed out.
I'm also certain any errors in future will be less obvious and harder to pin on me or any of my associates.
That is all."

DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2015 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

If "less obvious" and "harder to pin" was what you were going for, I am not sure about the latest move:

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2015 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Meanwhile, in the Piling CPOMBs meeting room...

Well gentlemen. You have impressed... This time.
"Thanks Coach"
I wasn't finished. If it wasn't for that rather jittery rat Skitter, who knows what may have transpired..."
"Yes Coach"
Be that as it may, you have some deadly ladies to watch out for next time.
"Yes Coach"
Shut... Up... Just hit the track and be on your best next match.

(Needless clamouring from a variety of voices).

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2015 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Toonie entered the local tavern and perused the groups of drunken figures.
He saw who he was looking for at the main bar, a bunch of shabby looking dwarfs with the most absurd of hats, some hobgoblins, a couple of bull centaurs and a mighty minotaur who seemed to be leading them in song.
Toonie walked up to the group and said "Balor, if you don't mind me interrupting, I have an announcement to make."
It was always a wise thing to be polite to a minotaur with a skinful beneath his belt.
Balor stopped singing and looked at the coach, soon the others in the group did the same.
"Say your piece coach but make it snappy, their is more drinking to be done and the night is still young."
Toonie eyed the beast and said "There will be plenty of time for drinking, but first, I need you to concentrate at the matter at hand. The draw for the final round of Thunderdome has been announced, you will be facing coach Chavo's infamous Blackwater Blitz!"
Balor slammed down his tankard and in a bellowing voice that echoed through the tavern "Men, the coach is right, we'll have plenty of time for drinking, but for now we have a rat infestation to take care of!"
And with those words the Chaotic Celtics menacingly left the premises with a muderous look in their eyes.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2015 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Poods waited patiently.

For days now he had been here. Deep within the necropoli network next to the coast, a bypasser (not that there were any) would have been given to assuming that he was deep in contemplation, perhaps even regretting the loss of dear friends.

The wind began to pick up out of nowhere and he was roused from his inactivity.

As the massive stone portal opened at the front of the Moanbourne Crypt Grounds a crooked smile cracked his prevous stony countenance. As the shadows lengthened he looked up and simply said, "Come Michael, We have work to do."

And with that he turned and walked away, massive footfalls following in his path.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome one and all to the inaugural induction ceremony of the
SWL HEROES HALL OF FAME

Our first inductee was an easy choice. A catcher that set the standard for how to score in style.
Holding the record for Touchdowns by a High Elf in SWL, and also for most SPP.

It's my honour to announce that the first HEROES Hall of Fame inductee is:

Hammas Morello
from the team REALLY High Elves, Speedballin.

Please visit the HEROES home page to see Hammas Morello's full profile.

Bio template here.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 11:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Two aging relics sat facing each other in the back room. The rivals from long ago hadn't met in over 40 seasons. They had aged but the recognition was there.

"So what are we doing here?" asked Kahn Rockarm, the stockier of the two.
The other sat silently for a moment.
"I hear...", he snorted, "I hear... they've made a Hall of Fame, for.... for..". Duskwind Strongarm collapsed into a fit of giggles. The old elf shook uncontrollably as tears of laughter streamed down his wrinkled face.
"What!, What is it!?", Kahn demanded.
"Hi- heeeeeheeeeeheeee, Hi- High Elves", the giggling restarted, and was soon joined by the booming laughter of the old Dwarf.

After some time, the laughter subsided, and the two old souls found themselves reminiscing about the old days.
"I hear they've not only lifted the embargo, but the quota is gone too", Duskwind said excitedly.
"What's that? You mean we're allowed back in?"
"Yep", Duskwind continued, "Plenty of teams have already made the crossing"
"Then I guess", Kahn contemplated, "I guess we're taking over"

DIBBL Invaders

Toonie

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2015 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Town criers across the Southern Wastes have been hard at it with the latest announcement.
Thunderdome XII tickets are up for sale!
Facing each other in a battle of the ages is Silver Spawn, coached by Tribalsinner and Blackwater Blitz, coached by Chavo.
Who will prevail?
How much carnage will be unleashed?
Will it be a scorefest.
And what is the secret twist the organisers of Thunderdome have thrown in to bring in the masses?
Remember "Two teams enter, one team leaves!"

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Tumbling Boulder Magazine

Fragile Beasts – A story of Sequins, Wizards and Heavy Boots

…As the lights from the stage wax to their full, garish glare, the reflective light from sequin-decked funeral wrappings is dazzling to the eye. A mournful chord graces the air, slightly muffled by the murmurs, hoots and groans of the thronging crowd, some of whom are even there to watch the Sphinxes. As more instruments join the refrain, a dirgeful, bass thumping keeps the beat. Never faltering, it soon casts a hypnotic spell over the crowd, who begin to sway in time like a vast funerary cortege…

The Sphinxes from Mars have thus far had a storied career. Over the course of a mere two albums, they have experienced more drama, lineup changes, deaths, and recording label stouches than most. Their latest Album tour – Peppermint Ushabti has widely been described as a critical and financial disaster, and the band has had to scramble to find a distributor for their latest musical effort, ‘In a Glass Pyramid’.

Speaking on behalf of the band, Ziggy Stardust was cynical, crotchety and wistfully quixotic by turns. When asked about the failures of ‘Ushabti’, Ziggy was quick to place blame.
“Well, it all started with ’Silly Wizard’, right (referencing one of the singles from the album). I mean, it was just a laugh, we didn’t ever mean anything by it. And they are silly – all them robes and the chanting and mucking about… anyway, some daft old bugger of a wizard got it in his head that is was a direct attack on every wizard ever or something, and the next minute, we’ve got representatives from every bleeding college of magic turning up to our gigs and adding their own special flavour to the pyrotechnics, right? Throws us off our game! Not to mention they’re using REAL ACTUAL fireballs! These threads aren’t inflammable!

Seeking to avoid the tiresome ‘how can flammable and inflammable both mean the same thing’ argument, this reporter graciously ignored the gaffe and asked the question on everyone’s lips: Will the new album be more of the same, or is this a turning point for the Sphinxes?
“Well, I’m so glad you asked that Phil. Glass Pyramid is a real winner, in my opinion. I feel that we’ve really captured the emotions that the band has been feeling about Ushabti, right. I mean, no one knows the pressure we’ve been under, performing every week, leading the wave of Glament Rock. It’s quite a burden, let me tell you”

He went on to describe the new bass-line that seems to be enthralling the crowds,
“Oh yeah, that’s the Stomp lads, that. They had this idea that we needed a really driving, catchy beat. One-two-STOMP! One-two-STOMP! Its great stuff, and the fans are LOVING it! If you ask me, and you have, it’s gonna put us back on track. It's already making an impact, just read the reviews of our recent shows!”

And the album title?
“Well, Pyramids, right, they’re these big, strong, y’know, structures right? But if it’s made of glass, then it’s quite easy to break, yeah? So it’s kind of like us, the band – we may look really strong, and some people might even cross to the other side of the ceremonial passage if they see us coming, but inside, we’re really quite fragile… only, we aren’t really, like I don’t want people to think we’re wusses or something, it’s like a metaphor I think. Look, there’s just a lot of muck going on, like deep down, right?”

Whatever the case, the Sphinxes are not going to disappear from the scene any time soon, and this reporter at least will be keen to watch the next chapter in the saga that is The Sphinxes from Mars…

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

it is a dark day indeed ladies ...
three times the gods have claimed our warrioretts for their own team may their passage be un hampered
Begin building the pyres...let them touch the sky so the journey may be short...and lay another sacrifice at nuffles feet....

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3698229
 Jump to: