44 coaches online • Server time: 14:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is Chainsaw a cry baby?
Nuffle loves tears
48%
 48%  [ 15 ]
No, babies only cry when hungry or soiled
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
Salty tear pie
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 31

licker

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If it ain't broke...

And seriously, it ain't broke.

What is broke are some people who cannot seem to comprehend how to behave according to 'community standards'.

And well fair enough if you just disagree with the standards. But complaining about it doesn't get you very far now does it?
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

It ain't broke apart from the bug.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
It ain't broke apart from the bug.

I'm talking more generally about how the client handles turn time limits...

If there's a bug, go ahead and fix it.

Or just do it the way BB2 does it I guess.
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, good. Another "To be a dick, or not to be a dick" forum thread. And I see that most of the usuals have already posted.

Just play the game, treat one another with a shred of respect, and hope that your opponent rolls nothing but 1's. And this is coming from someone who is constantly on the wrong sides of the admins.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
I think when you roll a double pow or double skull should you really need to choose one of the dice?

You might want to reroll if you're trying to one turn or surf and need a push.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Endzone wrote:
For Fumbbl the simplest solution would be to have chess locks for 45 minutes each.

Online magic does that, and sometimes people give up the game by let the clock running, and being idle.

Incrementation solves that. For 45-minutes (or so) games, it could be a simple 15 min flat time with 2 min added after each finished turn. I've taken 15 minutes because it coincides with Fumbbl's disconnect rule. I have yet to see one EZ game that only took 45 minutes to play.

I prefer BB's actual solution.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Jim_Fear wrote:

Just play the game, treat one another with a shred of respect, and hope that your opponent rolls nothing but 1's. And this is coming from someone who is constantly on the wrong sides of the admins.

I don't think that anyone here is suggesting to time out folks who are chatting, or to rush players who might need an extra minute or two, or those who need to step away. It's for those jackwagons who play snotlings then take 5 minutes on every single side-step. At some-point you should forfeit your right to choose.
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

OMG! just because a few coaches in R/B/L/F/S cannot get a turn done in 4 minutes has caused boxers to turn into bikini thongs in rage. This is a non issue.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Not wanting to wade through 3 pages of opinions, I'll simply post this link to the rules: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=rules

If you scroll down to the section on Matches and read the first two entries, I take that to mean both parties need to be willing to devote 90 minutes of their FULL attention to the game. While we make allowances for RL emergencies, I think its rude to be working on other things while playing a game. Its especially annoying when the dialog box pops up on my turn and I have to wait for my opponent to make a decision (and vice versa). So yes, the timer should stop on these. But if the active coach is the one making a decision on a dialog box the timer should not stop.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Jim_Fear wrote:
Oh, good. Another "To be a dick, or not to be a dick" forum thread. And I see that most of the usuals have already posted.

Yes because I accused Dominik of that, right? Or not... Jesus. Another attempted Straw man.

If you've got nothing to add, how about you keep those fat fingers off the keyboard and go back to the fridge for another cake?

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
If it ain't broke...

And seriously, it ain't broke.

What is broke are some people who cannot seem to comprehend how to behave according to 'community standards'.

And well fair enough if you just disagree with the standards. But complaining about it doesn't get you very far now does it?

But it is "broke" though, that's the point. It isn't a community standards issue, it's an implementation issue. I absolutely defend Dominik's right to take the full 4 minutes every turn, as much as I disagree with his need to do so. This was not a complaint about that at all, it was a complaint that his dice choice decisions get to be made outside of it, which is not his fault - it is specifically an oversight in the client. Even he agrees they should add to his time.

I'm not demanding the right to terminate his turns at 4 minutes dead every time, especially as per the community standards such as afk or other issues. I rarely time out opponents in tournament games unless I feel they are abusing the time limits, and try to never do it outside of tournaments. It's not about that.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Jim_Fear wrote:

Yes because I accused Dominik of that, right? Or not... Jesus. Another attempted Straw man.

If you've got nothing to add, how about you keep those fat fingers off the keyboard and go back to the fridge for another cake?

Did you recently learn that Strawman thing?

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

launch the client.
play.
grind dices.
learn by mistake.
rinse&repeat.

being a jerk by abusing the patience of other people that will pass most time watching the client is just bad behavior. slow people will learn nothing at all, they just bathe in their own beliefs, like trolls in a puddle of mud (and other nasty things).

koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Or they could just opt to not play legends.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2016 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Did you recently learn that Strawman thing?

And another strawman argument! Bejesus!

Jump to: