44 coaches online • Server time: 12:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2004 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Since you don't fail armour rolls on snake-eyes you actually break the armour automagically. The calculations are correct. It won't matter much though since no player I know of can get an armour as low as 1 (I think 3 is the minimum). And notice that it says "Stun or worse" (that means worse for the opponent).
teflon

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2004 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

My point isn't about the armor in fact. It's more about the fact that stun is on 6+ in non stunty and 5+ in stunty with RSC. Doesn't add up to 100%.
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2004 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean by 5+ and 6+? Rolling a stun (in non-stunty, without RSC) is equal to P(Armour roll > AV)*P(2 < Injury roll <= 7). So it's totally dependant on armour. If we are not taking armour into consideration a Stun in non stunty with RSC is = P(2 < Injury roll <= 5) = 10/36. If we look at the table you're looking at it says "stun or worse" which P(Stun or KO or SI) = P(Breaking armour), which is 100% if the AV is low enough.

Sorry if I seem to come on strong. It's good that you question anything you think is strange.
teflon

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2004 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Arrf, I screwed up, lol. Embarassed It's allright finally. Smile
Freefragger

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

It seem like you have made a slight mistake, as the percentage for "P(Stun or worse|Claw+PO)" is the same as for "P(Stun or worse|RSC+Claw+PO)". else nice with some stats for the geeks who love them... Shocked
Uncle_Smed

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

teflon wrote:
There must be a problem in your calc. as a 100% chance to break armor, then stun even an av1 player isn't 100% whatever the skills. -?-

Not so dear Teflon.

He's merely taken into account the fact that not 100% of the results obtained post-armour breakage are actually "Stunned" results.

There's also the "KO'ed" and the all important "Injury" results to be deducted from the 100% of results through armour.

And for all the Claw devotees I say this. I always think in terms of player development ie: getting more SPPs, and this result shows that even at AV 9, RSC is equal in chance of causing a casualty to Claw players and has better chances at lower AV values.

I rue the day I listened to you all and have now given two Claws to my Chaos team before any RSC.

*Please note, this is my personal opinion, I'm entitled and so are you. Stunning is nice, KO'ing ok, but give me the wet squelch of a casualty over either of those any day*
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Freefragger wrote:
It seem like you have made a slight mistake, as the percentage for "P(Stun or worse|Claw+PO)" is the same as for "P(Stun or worse|RSC+Claw+PO)". else nice with some stats for the geeks who love them... Shocked

Always nice when someone digs up an old thread Very Happy . As for that mistake, it's not a mistake. P(Stun or worse) = P(Breaking AV) => P(Stun or worse|Claw+PO) = P(Stun or worse|RSC+Claw+PO) = P(Stun or worse|MB+Claw+PO), which is the same as P(Stun or worse|Claw+PO) since rolls affecting the injury roll doesn't matter since we only care about getting at least a stun.

I hope that made it clearer, otherwise please let me know.
Colin

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Nicely done. I've added your webpage to the User Guide, I hope you don't mind.

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=Reference
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind at all. I might add to it upon request and I also plan to shape it up if there is still interst in it. I had a project this summer where I planned on a "Universal Blood Bowl Calculator" which could calculate the probabilities for any series of events (including, skills, re-rolls and team re-rolls) using Markov chains. The project came to a halt though, but maybe that was just as good. Some people might consider it cheating to know the odds to well [Very Happy]
poodle-man

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2004 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Its only cheating if my opponent knows the odss better than me Smile