30 coaches online • Server time: 09:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Road to the NAFC 2017

The first Online NAF tournament of 2017 is to be our recurring favourite, as once we once again travel the Road to the NAF Championship! The tournament will kick off on Monday January 23rd, and once again you can win your ticket to the NAFC (or other NAF Major of your choosing – see below).

The rulespack for our tournament can be found here, and here, and is summarised below.

The group page has an FAQ section, and you can ask any questions below. I hope you'll make 2017 the year where you join us in playing Online NAF tournaments!

Rulespack Summary

- Non-progression Blood Bowl!

- Team treasury: 1.10 M gold. All inducements are permitted except Special Play Cards, Mercenaries and Team Wizards

- Format: 6 games of Swiss in approximately 30 team groups formed according to timezone preference (Europe, America, Australasia), followed by a playoff to determine an overall winner

- Weekly rounds

- Skill package as per the NAFC - 3 normal skills before game 1, 2 normal skills and a double before game 4

- The winner will receive a free ticket to the NAFC '17, worth £55. The NAF have generously offered to substitute this prize with a free ticket to the winner's local NAF Major tournament!

You can make a team and apply to the tournament right now! Teams should be made via this link, and then coaches wishing to play in European timezones should apply here, North American timezones here, and Oceanic timezones here.

NAFC Reminder

Full NAF Championship details can be found via the rulespack, or by contacting Hawca via FUMBBL, the NAF site or TalkFantasyFootball. Get involved in this, the biggest of BB parties!

You may notice that the rules of our tournament are as 2016, but the NAFC has moved on in 2017. We can't currently match the NAFC tiering system, so we're sticking with the 2016 rulespack.

Team Acceptance to the Group

I will begin to accept teams to the group on Jan. 11th, and then every other day thereafter. Please don't worry if you don't see your team in the group before the 11th, it'll come! Razz Make sure you make your team via the provided link, regardless of your timezone. This is important; it means everything will work!

Cheers,

Phil / Goo.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

All the info is above. We've more than two weeks to drum up a bumper field for this one, who will win the third FUMBBL RTTNAFC?

Apply now, ask any questions below! Smile
SissyishSnow

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I've applied through the link but I'm not sure the team's been created correctly. First time i went through it wouldn't bring up the skills page, so i retired that team and tried again, got to the skills page on the 2nd team and hit save but it just seemed to stick, and looking at the team it created i can't see any of the skill against my players.

Bearing in mind I'm completely new to the site and this could 100% be user error on my part, but would appreciate help/advice. Thanks!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello and welcome!

Your team looks OK to me. Created properly, skills selected. I see all six on your Humans. If you click on 'team options', you should be able to see too?

What I don't see is an application. Load up the group page, click the teams tab and apply to group using the drop down.

I'm going to start accepting applications on Wednesday, so you should see your team on the page then.
SissyishSnow

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2017 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Great, thanks for your help!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2017 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I have accepted the first batch of teams without doing any checking (that will come nearer the time).

If you think you have submitted and now are not in the group, try again or PM me!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Another batch of teams accepted!

A little over a week to go, we'll start ramping up the plugging next week. Get that team in!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2017 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

75 teams already with one week to go. Get your applications in now!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2017 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Brecon Beacon Titans Have emerged from the Beacons, headed into the low lands far to the East. They are wandering the country side looking for some fangdanbled place called Nottingham.

All they know is that it is a humie city with a shiny castle filled with a bunch of stuck up Lordly type of people with pointy helmets.

They think they have figured out where this place is after they ransacked some caravan of humies wandering the country side singing and dancing. Very stange behavior from these humies. Usually they pull swords and axes and attack or run for their lives. These humans wanted us to have flowers and eat these shroom things.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2017 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick note that if you want your team checking, apply before Friday night. If you apply after that, just make sure it's right! Smile

I'll do another round of accepting tomorrow.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2017 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Four days to go. Three notes:

1. I just did another round of accepting applications. If you think you have applied and your team is not in the group, something has gone wrong and you need to PM me / try again. There are always five or so guys that swear they did everything right, only to have not made the cut.

2. I will be checking teams at some point on Friday / Saturday evening. Apply in the next 24 h to get a second pair of eyes to look at your team!

3. The NA / Ocn groups currently look a little bare. If you're going to apply to one of those two groups, it might be best to also PM me if you are interested in playing in Europe if Ocn / NA doesn't happen.

Thanks!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2017 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

4 days? Oh crap, the Titans ran across this roadside tavern and have been passed out drunk for the last 2 days. They better get a stepping and get to the damn tournament.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2017 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Any teams with games already played or somehow at 1200TV will be excluded, right? Just noticed a few oddities when looking through the list. Thought I'd missed the start notice at first ^^;
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2017 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm yet to do a check. If a submitted team doesn't adhere to the rules, they won't make the cut.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2017 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

...Another round of accepting done, checking tomorrow. Get your team in quick!
 Jump to: