53 coaches online • Server time: 14:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
thoralf

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Back in my days, the lead was so chewy.

Sad.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I finally got the time to have another go at it. The humans as someone said go together fine and I discovered I hadn't been careful enough when cutting the orcs loose and those extra fragments were stopping them going together. That said, I still don't think the Bobs or Blitzers are very well designed as I had to glue every single one of them. So I'll call it a score draw.

I did enjoy introducing my eight year old son to it. We're 1-1 at half time, which took an hour and a half, with the conclusion to be played next weekend.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's to the next generation! Finally, a pretext, er, I mean, a good reason to get a second team! Laughing
Harad

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Stall out a 2-1 win and turn 16 foul?
Harad

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

p.s. How did it take 1.5 hours? Time the kid out.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad giving away that in Malmir's position he'd be marching the newly christened "Fleetfoot's revenge III" down the pitch, laying the boot in at every opportunity Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

"We're playing with optional rules by the way son. So I've got this skill called piling on, that costs me a team reroll. Happily, you touched your player before moving your turn counter there, which is illegal procedure - another optional rule - and have no rerolls left to deduct from, so I get a free one. This is going to be great, you'll love it."

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey it could be Purplechest's:
'Son, you will be playing goblins as the race most befitting your stature and manners. What will I be playing? Funny you should ask.'
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

lol

9 blockers, 1 runner, 1 troll slayer, 1 apo, 1 reroll...

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2017 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought they were brilliant, but yes, stabbed myself on a ball.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
Stall out a 2-1 win and turn 16 foul?

I introduced the fouling rule for turn 8 when he was receiving. He liked the idea of gathering round my prone player and kicking him repeatedly. Kids today. And the little **^&^ only went and ripped my human lino too.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2017 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously... you have to put the models together YOURSELF!!!

Doesn't GW always say they need to make this game more easily accessible?
Make it easier to learn how to play and easier for people new to the game to understand?

Then they reboot the TT version and they make you ASSEMBLE YOUR OWN MODELS!!!
How is that "more accessible to new players" or even to new gamers?

Sure... for you and me who already know that we like this game it's fine.
WE will take the time to build the models OR we have old models to use instead.

But someome NEW to the game opens the box and can't even use the models to start playing right away. And heaven forbid this guy be NEW to GAMING as well... an has to learn NOT JUST PAINTING but how to assemble freaking models BEFORE he even gets to test out the core mechanics of the game?

Here's and idea for GW's next video game reboot.
After you buy the game BEFORE you can plug it in you have to solve 3 riddles to get the code to the LOCK ON THE BOX.
And then you have to learn basic coding and search through pages and pages of code for the 3 simple mistakes purposefully hidden in the games code... and the game will not work until you fix it and NO REFUNDS!!!
mrmychal

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2017 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The sprues are numbered and each model has three pieces that are sequenced in the numbering i.e. 1-2-3 make one model. This usually makes it easier to figure out how the parts go together. the numbering is a little hard to see on some sprues but it is there.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2017 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

mrmychal wrote:
The sprues are numbered and each model has three pieces that are sequenced in the numbering i.e. 1-2-3 make one model. This usually makes it easier to figure out how the parts go together. the numbering is a little hard to see on some sprues but it is there.

Also GW are a model company, they won't make a lot of money from the rules and boxed games if at all. The main aim is to get you into the hobby and buying hundreds of miniatures.

They can make 1 piece models, but these tend to be less detailed (look at 3rd edition). They try to strike a balance between something that is easy to put together for newbies, but attractive to experienced gamers so they'll buy it just for the models.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2017 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:

Also GW are a model company, they won't make a lot of money from the rules.

No wonder they have kept the new rules almost identical to the old ones, they couldn't be bothered to really improve the game.
 Jump to: