23 coaches online • Server time: 08:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

This forum thread is for anything relating to Season 67 of the SWL.

Links:
HouseKeeping:

• Divisional Structure
    1 Premier, 3 Conferences, 1+ Regionals
  • Season Commencement
    First round will begin on Monday 16th January with a deadline of 30th January.
  • Axing
    PM to the swladmin FUMBBL account by 10pm Monday SWL (Sydney) time if your game has not yet been played. Check out the Guide for more information or check with someone else in chat. Refer to post below for more details about expectations. This is also the method for advising of parking at the end of a season.
  • General
    Please be aware that we rely on individual coaches to be active in checking this forum, arranging games against opponents (especially if not on east coast of Australia) and in communicating with Admins. The responsibility is on the coach to enquire, not the Admins to inform. Please feel free to ask any questions, anytime.
  • Trial of Blood
    Please be aware that the Trial of Blood is not a chance for teams to grow at the expense of competitive play. Play to win and keep the integrity of the SWL intact. If admins deem that a coach is not abiding by this then the team may have to retrial.

Rules to be brought in for Season 67:

• There are no specific changes to SWL rules in Season 67
  • There ARE however changes to the Bloodbowl rules themselves! The Admin team are reviewing these rules changes, in particular those that relate to off-seasons. Stay tuned to this thread for more updates...
  • IMPORTANT: SWL will be utilising one change to the rules released last year - the Optional PO rule. At this stage, we are looking at removing PO from the SWL ruleset in season 69 (after the Bob Borc Cup). This change will remain in effect until such time as FUMBBL updates to the new ruleset, when it will be reviewed and changed if necessary.

Commish's Comments:

• Admin are continually monitoring league balance and will review/make changes as and when they deem necessary.
  • Admin reserve the right to change the divisional structure and drafting team's TV/TW limit whenever it is deemed to be in the best interests of the league.
  • Have fun, bring the Fluff and get those games played (I love to hear the Axeman cry!)

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey All,

Few new faces, few returning faces, and we've all had a (hopefully) nice break over the Xmas hollies. Smile

Just a reminder please re PMs for: scheduling.

Please do not just write: "When you free?"

Please provide: Days and Times that you are normally available and inquire if the opponent finds any of these suitable?

As the opponent: Please advise either Yes this time suits... or advise those times are tough and make a counter proposal with Days and Times.

Hopefully this will greatly assist everyone to schedule games early and avoid unnecessary forfeits.

Cheers and Game On! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 17:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Legends Season LXVII

Season LXVI kicked off with a healthy 12 legends. Night Patrol retired and Bolwgan died, but were replaced by new legends Strdthm and Dan Rollins. The great Saurus Chuhui has gone on sabatical, so we start Season LXVII with 11.

Such a brutal looking Prem, we're sure to lose some this season. I count 6 though who look very likely to step up and make the grade.

Image Francois Englert (Large Head-on Colliders), 523SPP
Image Shntsyeooa (Slumbering Skink), 272SPP
Image sneutrino (Large Head-on Colliders), 237SPP
Image Grumnir (Banner of the Black Stag), 237SPP
Image Gangrenous Gabriel (SWL Fun Police), 217SPP
Image Damien "Shake it off" Halford (Blackwater Glee Club), 203SPP
Image Fish Oil Nilsson (Wonga Wonga Whalekillers), 194SPP
Image Llstrr (Slumbering Skink), 191SPP
Image Dan "Asereje" Rollins (Blackwater Glee Club), 190SPP
Image Iolas (Griffon Gate Sentinels), 190SPP
Image Strdthm (Slumbering Skink), 188SPP

New in LXVII:

Image Caging Chris (Easy Mode Maniacs), 176SPP (Round 1)
Image Ubirr III (Wäŋa Warriors), 178SPP (Round 2)
Image Aymar (Daemon Ex Tesserae), 176SPP (Round 3)
Image Totem V (Large Head-on Colliders), 177SPP (Round 4)
Image Rotting Roger (SWL Fun Police), 178SPP (Round 7)

UPDATES:

24/1: Caging Chris is back, in the Reggies where he has done most of his damage. And now, with two Cas from his first Round match, including injuring the mighty Morg, Caging Chris makes Legend. Congratulations.

5/2: Ubirr III makes legend with a touchdown against Large Head-on Colliders. The orc blitzer, with his great strength and agility seemed always destined for greatness. This makes him the only orc on the active legends list, though in the near future, maybe, there is another....

9/2: Aymar gets to Legend with a hat-trick. 40 Games! I believe this may be the quickest Legend in SWL history. Aymar averaging 4.4spp/game has the second highest SWL spp rate behind a dead superstar rat. Will he continue at this pace, or slow down now that he has taken his last skill?

19/2: In Round 4 of Prem, Totem V got two Cas to take him to Legend. A double Prem winner, Totem V had an impressive hit rate of 7.2 Blocks/Cas. One of an endangered species in SWL (a POMBer) he'll be missing the last season in which he can happily Pile On.

10/3: A final round Cas+MVP was enough to give SWL its first ever Nurgle Warrior Legend. And now, SWL's first ever Bloater Legend. Congratulations Rotting Roger.

=====

And why reserve 2 posts when I can do it in one? Linky:

Team Challenge -Season LXVII

Last edited by ramchop on Mar 26, 2017 - 03:16; edited 7 times in total
SWLpearls

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2017 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

WANTED Have you seen these abominations?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Shntsyeooa | Ubirr III | Drew "Dr Jones" De La Rocha | François Englert | Luke SkyOrker

Rumour has it that they are hiding out in the Premier League.
If you can kill them or otherwise force them into retirement, you can collect the bounty, a shiny Black Pearl.

Visit the (newly updated) Bounty Board for more details about collected bounties, and attempts that didn't quite finish the job.

Last edited by SWLpearls on Feb 08, 2017 - 06:55; edited 2 times in total
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2017 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Blackwater Glee Club
This side is just amazing. Lots of clawpomb. Lots of stats, and two of the best beastmen I've seen. Their weakness is a lack of tackle (one!) but there isn't a huge amount of dodge in Prem this season. Things have lined up perfectly and I think Chavo can get it done.

2. Slumbering Skink
What can be said? The side is still looking great and the ag4 skink still lives. The Saurus have skills and Faulcon is a proven winner. He will absolutely be up there.

3. Autumn's leaves
Stat breaks, 190,000 in treasury and lots of sides that like to hit. The total lack of reprieve will put the leaves in an awkward position. They can win any game, and certainly can take premier. But the losses will be horrendous, and may impact the game after. They will start well but fade, but very well might surprise a few.

4. Public Service Announcement
A damn good side and a damn good coach... but... very reliant on Kai and an mv4 beastman. Will certainly push everyone and may well qualify to stay up in Prem, but I don't think will be taking out the title.

5. Striking Thunder Beards!
The Premier season hit manzoo harder than even I thought it would. But his coaching was great last season, and his side is much better. To put up a gallant effort but fall short of qualifying for next season.

6. Wäŋa Warriors
This is not a premier season to suit the warriors. Has gotten by in seasons past because of favourable match ups. With the chaos and chaos dwarfs running hot, not to mention the skinks, he will fade out in the second half of the season, and just miss staying up.

7. Prancing Unicorns
First timers are known for their rude awakenings to Premier league. Keothi has a great team, even if his skill selection sometimes causes controversy. Suffers from the same issues the Warriors do, and I just can't see him making a dent in the Prem the first time around.

8. Large Head-on Colliders
Barre hasn't been online for two months. This might be a cheap prediction, but I'm calling it that he either isn't playing this season, or misses enough games to be relegated to the end. My "kiss of death" in the past has been proved to be terrible at last place guesses, so smart money is that he is plays this season and kills it.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!

Last edited by DrDiscoStu on Jan 17, 2017 - 11:45; edited 2 times in total
lolvenom

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2017 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Will people who had PO as a skill choice have the option of changing it for something else? Will it be the same in the future for teams returning post this season? Will the people who changed away from it have the option of changing back when fumbbl updates the rule to match?
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2017 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The original post wasn't very clear. I presume it means piling on continues as it always did, for now, in contradiction to the new official rules in which it is removed? But in 2 more seasons time it will be removed from SWL entirely?

Oscar Wilde
mushoomy

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2017 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

After the great success last season the SWL Fantasy League is back!!! Do you fancy the thought of Dan "Asereje" Rollins racking up CAS while playing alongside the Touchdown fanatic Salmonix? Do you want extra emotion and excitement while spectating games? Well the SWL Fantasy League is the Fantasy League for you!!! A place where you can pit 11 players together and depending on how well they do in the season, you may receive the Fantasy cup (currently held by Manzoo).

Rules:
-You have a 1500 budget to buy players. A player's total cost is their positional price plus their skill cost.
-Rosters may only have 11 players. You can not go above or below this number
-Only one player from each SWL team. For example, you can not have two players from the Prancing Unicorns
-Maximum of one player type. This means you can not get two beastmen. However, you can include the combos of Skaven Blitzer + Underworld Blitzer, or Renegades + their non-renegade counterparts.
-Players must not be hired if they have earned spp in Season 67 of SWL. This means any player that has earned spp in season 67 is ineligible for your fantasy team.
-You may not choose a player from your own SWL team. This is a rule change from last year to prevent SPP farming, but also let non-SWL players have fun too.

The team that has totalled the most SPP by the end of the season will be crowned the champ of the Fantasy League. League updates will be on the SWL Fantasy League Thread.

Please PM me your fantasy teams ASAP. Deadline is WEDNESDAY THE 25TH . However, the longer you wait, the larger chance that your favourite players will have played their round 1 games so get those PM's rolling! Please ensure that your team complies with the rules before sending it to me.

Last edited by mushoomy on Jan 17, 2017 - 22:23; edited 3 times in total
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2017 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
The original post wasn't very clear. I presume it means piling on continues as it always did, for now, in contradiction to the new official rules in which it is removed? But in 2 more seasons time it will be removed from SWL entirely?

Well the new rule exists in the game but not in the client (re using a Team RR). SWL don't have much control over that.

It is not a contradiction of the rules as there is simply an "option" to remove it.

It is being removed in Season 69 by taking this option at that time.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2017 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit. Just read Hutchies post.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2017 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

D_Arquebus wrote:
It is being removed in Season 69 by taking this option at that time.

But it doesn't explain what happens to players with the skill.
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2017 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I know... we wait for the lord high commish on that one Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2017 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

New season... finally... very exciting. How can elves win against all that bash? I can see much hurt coming...

- D
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2017 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Re: Piling On Changes

At this stage for players who HAVE the skill, they will be 'grandfathered'. I'm looking at the possibility of those players being first to move on when the new off-season player buy-back rules are implemented in FUMBBL.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2017 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

A very late (and quite Foul!) Second Round Draft

Boriz: Khemri
Bojoaph: Vamps

Get into it!