36 coaches online • Server time: 18:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
buuface

Post   Posted: May 09, 2015 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Am i correct in believing that it used to be possible to create custom player sprites for one's own teams?

How did this used to function?

And wasnt it exploitable? for example by disguising players as other players.

I hope this feature could be returned, maybe with an moderator approval system similar to player pics.

Please discus
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: May 09, 2015 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

With the old client, you could only change what your client showed. If you changed a player-icon, your opponent's client would be unaffected.

In the new client, there are plans to add this function, however you can always choose the option to show standard icons or abstract icons if your opponent tries to trick you.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

What's the timeline for client development? Does the team/person in charge need any additional help or anything?
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no timelime. Right now if there is an update, it is mostly bug fixes and small stuff to support site changes. Help is nice, but not many are willing to spend the countless hours it takes to getting used to the client&code. Many offered, pretty much all of them backed down.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Which is the same with most things regarding this site. The few sacrificing for the many. It'll never change.

With the old client, you could have a team pack, which if you wanted you could share with others. So you could share your team icon pack with others in your division. It wasn't that popular though and not many did it.

One thing you could do though, was custom pitches. I using well over 100 on mine.
buuface

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Its no fun imo unless the opponent and specs can see them too
zakatan

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

buuface wrote:
Its no fun imo unless the opponent and specs can see them too

The new functionality, when it comes available, will allow specs and opponents to see the customised icons. However, there's always the possibility to disable custom icons from either side to see, shoud they deem the icons are ugly, missleading or inapropied.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Which is the same with most things regarding this site. The few sacrificing for the many. It'll never change.

It's the same with anything requiring volunteer work, not a fumbbl exclusive Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there will have to be a disabling function of some sort. Maybe just to use the letters. However if they are custom roster there would not be any default icons soooo.

(volunteer work) True.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

FFB Client:
User Settings:
Icons:

*Team Icons,
*Roster Icons (Opponant),
*Roster Icons (Both),
*Abstract Icons.

I havent tried changing these options before (didnt notice them tbh) but im guessing they dont do anything... yet?.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2016 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

deyempe wrote:
FFB Client:
User Settings:
Icons:

*Team Icons,
*Roster Icons (Opponant),
*Roster Icons (Both),
*Abstract Icons.

I havent tried changing these options before (didnt notice them tbh) but im guessing they dont do anything... yet?.

Just checking if anybody knows if these features is implemented yet? I notice Abstract is available - are we able to use custom icons for our teams yet?

Very Happy
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2016 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

No, not yet.
Desultory

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2017 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Nearly a year later.
Is it now possible to customise 'Sprite' icons for my teams or races so when I play in Blackbox/ranked I and/OR my opponent see the customised icons I made?

With the custom rulesets set up, this should be a realistic possibility, making team icon customability very possible, and I think very attractive to many people including myself. More so if the user interface was friendlier to less technical people.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2017 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
No, not yet.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2017 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The client is set up for team custom icons, but the site integration isn't there yet (except when making custom league rosters).
 Jump to: