68 coaches online • Server time: 19:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
simblanco

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys! I am pretty new to the site. First post on the forum! I like the site, there is a nice community and I'll keep playing here.

Now the problem. During my last match I got battered. I lost 2-0, I didn't manage to do much, so I gained very few SPPs. I couldn't blame anyone but me, fair enough.

I thought: "well, at least I'll get the MVP bonus and even if I spent one lousy hour or so playing I can build a bit my team for future games". Only the MVP was awarded to my only killed player. (note that the casualty was re-rolled with the apo.. lol)

Well.... wouldn't be better to remove dead players from the MVP options? This way it seems only to add insult to injury (literally).

Cheers!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi and welcome!
The new Blood Bowl rules (not yet implemented) will allow to choose 3 players, one on them (randomly selected) will receive the MVP award.
Currently you can't choose the player receiving the MVP.
Jeffthejar

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The crowd reaaallly thought that player took that hit to the back of their skull very well. Haven't seen anyone spill their brains on the pitch like that in a good while, MVP worthy, indeed!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate it when that happens. Or when your Mercs or Star Players get the MVP. Or when it falls on a Legend, that's a little better (buffs his standings on the top lists) but still kinda unfortunate.

This game really teaches you to remain sanguine in the face of little bits and pieces of bad luck. That's one of the more important skills to learn here, I've found. Somewhere after calculating assists and before knowing the exact odds on every roll in the great chain of important skills.

If it helps, the game-to-game consequences of that luck, in Ranked or Box, or in an open league, are diluted by the TV matchmaking aspects of those divisions: fewer SPP means weaker opponents in future games. In a scheduled league it hurts a little.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It's how the rules are written at this point. ANY player fielded at least one turn is eligible for the MVP award, regarldess of his status within the team. This means star players, mercenaries, dead players or even snotlings. And every seasoned player knows that dead players have a secret bonus for the MVP roll.

Get acquainted with the feeling because Nuffle has a thing for this kind of jokes.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
It's how the rules are written at this point. ANY player fielded at least one turn is eligible for the MVP award, regarldess of his status within the team. This means star players, mercenaries, dead players or even snotlings. And every seasoned player knows that dead players have a secret bonus for the MVP roll.

Get acquainted with the feeling because Nuffle has a thing for this kind of jokes.

Playing a turn is not required. Just that the player was eligible to play the game. So bench sitting all 16 turns still gives the chance of MVP.

DLE College 7s
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

oldest whines are bestest whines

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

hahaha fair enough guys!! no worries about what happened, but I found that new rule an improvement. The fact that my apo still managed to get the guy killed it was the best. HE deserved the MVP XD
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
zakatan wrote:

Playing a turn is not required. Just that the player was eligible to play the game. So bench sitting all 16 turns still gives the chance of MVP.

Hm when did they change that? I'm still a decade late in some rules Laughing

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems a bit discriminatory to not alllow dead players MVP's. What about skeletons, zombies and vampires.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:
zakatan wrote:

Hm when did they change that? I'm still a decade late in some rules Laughing

I expect sometime in the living rulebook era. Quite funny though because I have players with more SPP from when they don't play a turn than when they do on a couple of league teams.

DLE College 7s
Kammo22

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
And every seasoned player knows that dead players have a secret bonus for the MVP roll.

This. If one of your players dies in the match, there is about 90% chance for him to get that MVP. Not even journeymen come close.
 Jump to: