12 coaches online • Server time: 06:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, all. Hey, especially, Big C.

I've long thought the player, team, and coach stats on this site were some of the best parts of it. You can track the evolution of your game by watching things like the change in the average # of blocks you make, and you can learn a lot about a coach by seeing what kind of teams he plays and what kind of teams his teams play against (especially in Ranked). But there are some stats that are not included that probably wouldn't be too difficult to include and would be revealing and informative. Here are some ideas for how to make player, team, and coach stats even better. Again, I love it as it is, I just want to see it buffed up a bit. I'll edit it as people come up with stuff they'd like to see on player, team, and coach stats.

Player Stats Ideas:

P1: In the player's SPP log, include the # of games the player and/or team had played by the time that game rolled around. That way, you can see how the player's development curve happened at a glance. Tells a lot more of a story. (JackassRampant)

P2: Include a column for injuries in the player's SPP log, show when they got their various nicks and dings (or even death), and against whom. (JackassRampant)

P3: Include a stat for the number of turns the player has seen on the pitch. Maybe if you scroll over it it shows how many turns per game the player has seen. (Paradocks)

P4: Include a stat for the number of blocks the player has taken. Maybe another one for the number of times the player has been fouled? (Paradocks, Rbthma)

P5: Include a way to add a nickname to a player after the player has already been named. (The_Murker)

Team Stats Ideas:

T1: Include a table like the one on the coach stats page, that shows how many completions, interceptions, blocks, etc. that the team has made and allowed. (JackassRampant)

T2: Under "Show Matches", show the match number (row number) for each match. (JackassRampant)

Coach Stats Ideas:

C1: Add a new column to the top table: ratio. It's one thing to know that you threw 13,362 more blocks than your opponents in 1184 games, it's another thing to know that you out-block your opponents by 1.36:1. (JackassRampant)

C2: Add a per-game against column, so you can see at a glance how many blocks you're giving up, or how many TDs you're allowing. (JackassRampant)

C3: Add a new row to the top table: player turns. (JackasssRampant)

WDYT? Would any of this be worth the time investment? How much effort would it be to incorporate one or more of these ideas?

Thanks,

Jackass

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %07, %2017 - %15:%Feb; edited 6 times in total
paradocks

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I also love teh stats for fluff reasons, and I think your player stat ideas would be a perfect addition.

Also I've thought it'd be great to see how many block attempts have been made on a player in their career, and how many turns of game time they've seen (not counting being on the bench). Obviously these wouldn't be useful for play analysis but great for the fluff.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I love stats and I like all these suggestions. Smile
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Updated to include Paradocks's suggestions.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2017 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh, another suggestion. Add player turns to coaching stats, so you can see how many player turns per match you and your opponents average.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2017 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

FLUFF

Player Bio: A Text entry field to insert a player nickname, with 3 check boxes (BEFORE/MIDDLE/AFTER) to indicate where the nickname is to be displayed.

For blitzer DAVE SMITH, the options would be 'The Brick' Dave Smith, Dave 'The Brick' Smith, or Dave Smith 'The Brick'.

Once he killed a stupid Pact clawPOMB minotaur, his nickname could quickly be changed to Dave 'Maze Runner' Smith.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2017 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably makes no difference, but I pledge my support to this also.

Automatic player bios are something I also thought would be good, and once began could be built upon. But I don't suggest specifics because it seems to me it won't get implemented.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2017 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

These are all great ideas, and I'd love to see them all implemented. Many of them would make stuff a lot easier to track, like player injuries which I've been doing manually for certain players.

Adding to the stats, I'd like to see how many times a player has been fouled.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2017 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

One other thing: when you click on "show matches" it shows all a team's matches in chronological order. It would probably be pretty simple to include a consecutive "match no." column, so each match is numbered. That way, you can see stuff like, "I played such-and-such a team in match number 148. My team is 175 games old, so that was 27 games ago."

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

What if a coach's team list were sortable by # games or by TV?