47 coaches online • Server time: 00:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do
Pro
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Dodge
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Shadowing
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
SS
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Treat as a normal roll
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pie
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

You may all remember Rocksteady VI, the prize of the Necromiser's Nightmare VI (2015). A proud member now of Biter Squad. I haven't played nearly as much since that tournament, and just now got his fourth skill.

The Rock came with block and tentacles when I got him. Then his first skill (third total) on the Squad was doubles, so obviously tackle. Apparently with his new lease on life, doubles is what he wants to roll, so currently his fourth pending skill is also a double roll, and I'm completely flabbergasted at what to do with that.

Pro? Dodge? Shadowing or Sidestep for a really annoying piece? Ignore it and get claw, stand firm, or guard, like I was planning originally?

Oh I should note that it was double 5s so +AV or +MA is on the table, but I wasn't seriously considering those.

What do?

Last edited by Sinnyil on Jan 27, 2017 - 16:37; edited 3 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro is the way to go in stunty.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge

pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

not advice, but rather a q.

how does taht monstrosity only have 17 cas in 20 stunty games?

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
not advice, but rather a q.

how does taht monstrosity only have 17 cas in 20 stunty games?

Well only 9 of those games are mine (spread over a year and a half so wow, yeah, I have been inactive).

I wind up using him as more of a roadblock than anything. The team is chock full of killers, so he doesn't have as many opportunities to cas as he would on other teams.

Hrm, his roadblock status is making me think dodge might actually win out over pro.
paradocks

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Since he's an irreplaceable player I'd be leaning towards a conservative/protective choice of dodge
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Perfectian wrote:
Dodge

Blodge on Stunty Big Guys is a waste of time. The vast majority of the time he is never getting blocked. Take all the skills that ramp up his killing power to kill and maim ST 1/2 stunties...PRO does that. Dodge just protects him every other game from 2 blocks.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw is nice too
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

+av on the basis that the biggest risk to him is a chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw in stunty leeg? Not worth it.

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

somehow doubled

Last edited by Antithesisoftime on Jan 27, 2017 - 20:20; edited 1 time in total
Scrollreader

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

He already has tentacles.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll make a case for 2 skills you don't have listed.

Jump-Up:
Chaos Spawn should be your primary blitzer, due to the Wild Animal trait. Since you have block and tackle, you should probably put the kill stack on him, especially in stunty. Jump-up delays the stack some, but once you have it, it greatly extends his kill range from the ground. Not to mention the free blocks you could pick up from the ground if an opponent marks him on the ground. Since he already has frenzy, anything that extends his range is worth having, since you probably don't want to risk a failed GFI on a player with loner.

Tentacles:
Ignore this
Totally missed that he has Tents.
Yeah, I'd go with jump-up, hands down then

Perfectian wrote:
Claw in stunty leeg? Not worth it.
Incredibly false. Claw makes every big guy in Stuntee vulnerable, and it eliminates the one protection gnomes have over other races. Claws counter Mechavermin's AV10. Mechavermins are probably the best player in stuntee without ever needingto roll a double. If you play a Skyre team, and can't take down the mechs, chances are, they will dominate the game. Having claws gives you a counter to one of the best pieces out there. And, that's without including all the bigs in Leeg. Stunty games tend to revolve around the big guys. Claws negate the big guys.
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually considered jump up, but it completely negates the main reason I took this spawn in the first place: tentacles. He's been serving as more a giant road block that you can't get away from, more than he has my primary blitzer. The squad is already full of POMBers with jump up, and one CPOMBer big guy already (who I purposefully didn't take jump up on for reasons that I can't remember right now).

I think long term the last two skills the Rock is getting are stand firm, and guard. Probably guard first. My team would kill for something with guard that's hard to knock down. Especially something with guard that has tentacles.

So yeah given all that, I sort of ruled out jump up before I came to the forums.

Also, agree 100% with you on claw.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2017 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ddoge is good though he doesn't have a decent agility or Break Tackle to go with it. +MA/AV actually have value. Av8 is on the low end for a Big Guy while move 5 stinks for a Wild Animal frenzy player who may blitz a lot.