50 coaches online • Server time: 14:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

one thing that occurred to me in the eternal question of how to construct divisions is that I like some league environments because the game is in general more optimized for a setpu where teams start at 100tv, then play 10-20 games, and tha'ts it.

I was wondering how well it would work in practice if there was a division kinda like blackbox, but instead of matching based on tv, it matched solely based on games played count (games played by that team).

personally, while I can do TV min/maxing, I kinda prefer the balance of such things in a league environment, where it's generally better to accept having a higher tv, and give up some handicaps. that makes it worthwhile to develop a nice big team.

one obvious problem would be that teams would often get fired if they had a poor first few games, so it could end up happening that many of the teams in such a division would be one with high development or godly stat rolls, yet the degree to which they would quickly reach a game count so high that they mostly only play long-runners might cut down on that. while you can keep your TV low perpetually, you can't keep a team's game count low if you're playing them.

joining leagues themself is nice, of course, but it's often hard to find the right schedule, and you can't play faster either if you happen to have a bunch of time.

just brainstorming ideas, thoughts?
 Jump to: