66 coaches online • Server time: 22:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
thoralf

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

They all are new teams, JellyBelly. They have a "N" in front of them. When I find a theme, I create a team. That's all.

BUT, please check if your league settings allow for any SL team. I suppose there's no problem if you don't modify any rule. In PainState's new league, it wasn't possible. You had to create a team via his very own "create team" button.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I used the Create Team For This League button, just in case. I won't ready it after I make it until I get the go-ahead.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood what you meant - I thought your teams had already played some games. The league is set to use ruleset 303, which I believe is the standard Secret League ruleset (same as Secret League Open). So, as long as your teams were created with that ruleset, I think it should work. The 'create new team' link on the group page should also link to that same ruleset.

It's worth mentioning that any standard roster teams would also have to be created with that ruleset, or they won't work.

So, to clarify, the policy as it stands is: new teams Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Pizzapocalypse. Sure, feel free to give it a try - if you find it too hard to schedule games, you can drop out, it's no problem.

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to put it out there, I'm going to make a new Slaanesh team and I'll be playing east coast.

Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to join with a Kislev team. I'm flexible East/West, but a slight preference to West.
meatball20

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

For those of us who have never dived into the open secret league it seems like we'd be starting a leg down, but alternatively you could set up an open preseason tourney to let people get used to their teams and play a few games while you are gathering more team owners.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, thanks Craftnburn. I think West should be ok, although I'll probably wait a few days and see what the balance is like Smile

@meatball20: I'm guessing there will be other coaches who are trying out new teams, or who haven't played a ton of games with their races (there are so many teams to choose from, after all!). So, I doubt you will be alone. I'm not sure I want to do a pre-season tourney, as I'd like to be starting with fresh teams and I'm hoping to get the first season underway within the next week.

I admit I have some experience (20-odd games) with Slaanesh (just love that roster!), but I'm actually thinking of changing and trying something new.

Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in.

Daemons of Slannesh. Best Coast.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in! West coast... was conflicted about which race to pick... so many choice... :S

Ethereal it is. Probably not the strongest choice, but so much mayhem... leap everywhere, foul appearance everywhere...sprinkled with some stab, hypno and disturbing presence Very Happy
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok great - welcome aboard guys! This boat is on a one-way trip to the steaming jungles of Lustria! Very Happy

@meatball20: another option, if you want to get some practice with your new team, might be to start another one in Secret League Open and try to get in a handful of open games before the season starts? I'd be happy to play you once or twice this week, with new teams?

robocoyote

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Westcoast Were Alliance

being made. no idea if i will like them, but seems fun haha
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi robocoyote, it would be great to have you, but I believe meatball20 has already taken Were and the intention was to have no more than 1 of each roster (as there are so many). Are there any others that spark your interest? I'll add you to the group PM, so you can see what others have already taken.

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick update on the teams we have lined up so far:

East Coast:

meatball20 - Were
Pizzapocalypse - Sea Elves
thoralf - ?
JellyBelly - Clan Moulder

West Coast:

Notgivingname - Necrarch
frzntoz - Centigor
Craftnburn - Kislev
Sigmar1 - Daemons of Slaaanesh
Dach - Ethereal
robocoyote - ?

I'm changing from Slaanesh to Clan Moulder. Fingers crossed we get a couple more coaches for the East Coast .. Smile

robocoyote

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm i see there is already a were team. I think ill switch just for diversity. Ill give Tilea a try
 Jump to: