41 coaches online • Server time: 12:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Notgivingname

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

General (Or Passing if it's too good for general) Skill:

This player is exceptional at anticipating and reacting too the many unpredictable events that can happen on the pitch. If a player with Play Caller is on the field, the coach may reroll the Kick-Off Roll. This reroll must be taken before any rolls required to resolve the Kick-Off Event.

If both teams have a player with this skill, neither player may reroll the kickoff result.

Rational: Basically this skill gives coaches some power to prevent horrible kick-off events that would otherwise ruin their game plan (for example, a OTTD can't be ruined by a lucky perfect defense while a Khemri's chance to pick up the ball is shattered by a sudden bought of rain). However, the coach must decide before the kick-off event has resolved, forcing the coach to really consider the risk vs. rewards of mutually potentially beneficial/detrimental result like a Brilliant Coaching or Pitch Invasion before they are resolved.

No, don't ask my how a player standing on the field somehow turn a riot into a blizzard.

Last edited by Notgivingname on Feb 14, 2017 - 05:49; edited 1 time in total
Harad

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, not a fan, just increased the importance of kick off. Winning the ability to reroll it becomes potentially very important. Mainly just used to reroll either to get or avoid blitz/ perfect d. If you are kicking you are doubling your chances.
I understand the spirit but don't think the implementation is great.
Guardikai

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea ^^
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this might be too swingy, but good idea.

However, if both teams have a Play Caller they should cancel out, or both be able to be used (I recommend cancel out) not flip a coin. You don't flip for which player remains standing when they both have Block, after all.

Also, like Leader this should be a Passing skill. That would also help make Throwers more attractive.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

"... No, don't ask my how a player standing on the field somehow turn a riot into a blizzard."

Spell casters play too #magelivesmatter

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Arthur's suggestions are on point.
Jeffthejar

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

When rolling for Kickoffs, does each coach roll a single D6 or does 1 coach roll 2d6? I always thought it was 1 coach rolling 1d6 each, in which case you should only be able to roll your individual d6 for the kickoff. But, am I wrong, does 1 coach roll 2d6 for the KO event?
Harad

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Still don't like it Smile Everyone would get one so it would cancel out, except when it didn't when suddenly one team would get twice as many blitzes and perfect ds. I understand the desire to make them less powerful but I actually think this would largely have no effect except when someone didn't have the skill when they would more frequently get screwed by an event before anyone's even moved.
I like the idea of the skill and making throwers more useful but in my opinion it should do something different.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffthejar wrote:
When rolling for Kickoffs, does each coach roll a single D6 or does 1 coach roll 2d6? I always thought it was 1 coach rolling 1d6 each, in which case you should only be able to roll your individual d6 for the kickoff. But, am I wrong, does 1 coach roll 2d6 for the KO event?

Rolling one dice each for kick-off, weather, etc, is a common TT convention. But no, strictly speaking it's the kicking player that rolls.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
I think this might be too swingy, but good idea.

However, if both teams have a Play Caller they should cancel out, or both be able to be used (I recommend cancel out) not flip a coin. You don't flip for which player remains standing when they both have Block, after all.

Also, like Leader this should be a Passing skill. That would also help make Throwers more attractive.

Fair suggestions. I had considered making it a passing skill. Wasn't sure about the balance either way.
 Jump to: