51 coaches online • Server time: 17:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Desultory

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It should be possible to fire an apothecary...
I think it's not possible currently?
If so, that is silly.

simple implementation i imagine.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought a passtime involving elves taking on beastmen in a game of football was sily anyway, but what do I know?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure it's on Christer's list, but he's doing all this in his free time - and he's doing a lot for FUMBBL. And within what he is doing, he has his - certainly well thought-through - priorities.

Edit, to put it differently:
1. I'm sure he has it on his list.
2. I don't like the tone of your complaint/suggestion, it's a bit too disrespectful and demanding, taking into account how this site is run and what it provides.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

simple solution?

1.play nurgle/undead
2. if you don't want an apothecary don't take one..

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Or play without even if available, plain and simple )

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes you might want to drop the Apo just for one game, for example in private league to deny an opponent's Wizard.
Having the fire option would be nice indeed.
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

+1
Flings don't always need apo
Loew

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

wasn't this possible once?

I think I remember that I once fired an apo after a particular long streak of failed healings in the LRB 4 era...but it may be that my roleplaying mind is playing tricks on me
Desultory

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
I'm sure it's on Christer's list, but he's doing all this in his free time - and he's doing a lot for FUMBBL. And within what he is doing, he has his - certainly well thought-through - priorities.

2. I don't like the tone of your complaint/suggestion, it's a bit too disrespectful and demanding, taking into account how this site is run and what it provides.

Make any suggestions that don't brown nose to death in this IDEAS and bug reports thread, and one gets minions like yourself complaining about 'tone'. Which is even more silly.

The way you write this is like you have some kind of authority here...

I wasn't demanding anything, nor did I write anything unreasonable. People like you annoy me. You turn a reasonable suggestion in to some kind of behaviour lecture because I didn't take enoough time to phrase what I wrote in the perfectly non-offensive way.

On another topic that is not my business (but I am an engineer so I engineer solutions);
If Christer doesn't have time, and if time is the actual issue here, maybe Christer should designate some jobs to people who have the time? Assuming there are people willing and capable. Surely...amongst all us geeks there must be.

I understand the client needs some pretty skilled programming for implementation, but allowing a fire apothecary should be trivial.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

from a QA testers point of view, its those "fixes" developers call simple and easy that cause the most unforeseen issues.
fidius

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:
Make any suggestions that don't brown nose to death in this IDEAS and bug reports thread, and one gets minions like yourself complaining about 'tone'. Which is even more silly.

Holy smokes. You called it "silly". That is, you rudely disparaged the work our hosts perform FOR FREE.

Surely you have enough negative experience by now to be aware of how you come across? Or is it still everyone else's fault?
Jeffthejar

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mean to Pile-On (since that is going away soon), but I have to agree that OP has made an ass out of himself with this post.

Was it too difficult to not post something like "Is it possible to fire an apothecary?" without your "silly" and "simple implementation" remarks?

Just don't be an ass when you post... simple implementation, I imagine Smile
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Pie-On all mens

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:
People like you annoy me. You turn a reasonable suggestion in to some kind of behaviour lecture because I didn't take enoough time to phrase what I wrote in the perfectly non-offensive way.

Why wouldn't you take the time to phrase your comment in a non-offensive way? How much time are we talking about? 30 seconds?

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2017 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:
Rabe wrote:

The way you write this is like you have some kind of authority here...

I wasn't demanding anything, nor did I write anything unreasonable. People like you annoy me. You turn a reasonable suggestion in to some kind of behaviour lecture because I didn't take enoough time to phrase what I wrote in the perfectly non-offensive way.

On another topic that is not my business (but I am an engineer so I engineer solutions);
If Christer doesn't have time, and if time is the actual issue here, maybe Christer should designate some jobs to people who have the time? Assuming there are people willing and capable. Surely...amongst all us geeks there must be.

I understand the client needs some pretty skilled programming for implementation, but allowing a fire apothecary should be trivial.

Hey, Hey, Hey!!! Wowza...I just thought we where talking about firing the apoth?