52 coaches online • Server time: 22:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rorarimbo

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2017 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, my housemates and me are considering buying miniatures for 2/3 teams each so we gather 6 or preferably 8 different teams we can try out and play with friends and between ourselves.

As the teams will be played together in something like a league we are thinking what should be the list of teams we get. The idea is to have variety of game styles, but also we seem to prefer classic choices as we are not gonna have every thing posible.

Currently we are thinking of smth like this.
humans, orcs, pro elves, dwarfs, skaven, lizardmen, necromantic, chaos.

We like the fact we are going to have one human team, 1 undead team, one elf team, 1 chaos team, 1 greenskins team, 1 dwarf team while skaven and lizards are awesome on their own.

The consideration though is wether its gonna be too bashy and unbalanced as list of teams? Are we gonna miss out alot if we dont get wood elves? do we need 2nd elven team and if we get two elven teams what we can skip out?

So how you like this list and what changes you would suggest?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2017 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

you may want to consider chaos dwarf instead of dorfs, consider adding a 2nd elven team (my choice would be dark elves and wood elves, not the pro elves). You may want to switch for undead instead of necro, but that is totally up to you.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2017 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
you may want to consider chaos dwarf instead of dorfs, consider adding a 2nd elven team (my choice would be dark elves and wood elves, not the pro elves). You may want to switch for undead instead of necro, but that is totally up to you.

Yes if it is two elven teams i guess will be dark and wood elves. We were considering Pro elves as more generic option.

As for Undead it is a possibility yes. There was an idea to try and get more models painted in the same colors and have a team played both as undead and necromantic with the same zombies, wights and ghouls.But at the moment we are far from this.
Rorarimbo

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2017 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Im having another question. We have got the starter GW box now (humans and Orcs) and we are wondering aboout painting the orcs brown skinned or at least painting the black orcs as dark brown ones. I never heard in Warhammer fluff about brown Orcs while they are referred as one of the green skins. In WoW lore there are brown/red Orcs but still want to know from more established players how would you feel if you see a team of brown orcs. Shall it be cool or it will be smth you dislike?

Thanks
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2017 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Painting Orc's a different colour to green is fine. The most important thing is to make it obvious which models are which positional, Black Orc Blitzer etc.

Some years ago I did see a brown orc team but it is uncommon.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2017 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have a generic elf team they can proxy as all 4 elf teams, as long as you have a tree, an assassin and a couple of witches extra.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2017 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for answers. We decided foir green orcs at the end.If we succed to get skaven and chaos we will have enough brown skin models Smile

This leads me to another question. From the new edition of GW miniatures there are only 4teams released. I see alot of other companies offer teams, too. But which of these teams are compared in size with the new GW figs. We already have the humans and the Orcs and prefer go in the same direction. But from what I see I only found a Bretonian team that matches the size. May be there are more but no pictures to compare for reference.
 Jump to: