56 coaches online • Server time: 23:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Out of curiosity, is there an official NAF ruling on Diving Catch?
Because the client doesn't give the +1 catch roll bonus to catch an accurate pass targeted to a square adjacent to a Diving Catch player.
It may seem a minor thing but Slann would benefit from that +1 bonus (would make passing easier due to range reduction/avoided GFIs).
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

At the risk of making a comment without looking at the rules, the client is correct there, to the best of my recollection? I play a reasonable amount of Slann on TT, and have always played it that way bar one very early Slann v Slann match where we played it the way you describe. We decided afterwards we'd done it incorrectly.

Countdown to being proven wrong by rules quote: 3... 2...

Last edited by Purplegoo on Apr 22, 2017 - 14:29; edited 1 time in total
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Bakunin wrote:
So as per CRP rules, you have to move first to a new sqaure and then roll the dice, when GFI.

So when a Ball & Chain GFI, it has to move first, then maybe block and then roll for GFI.

But the clint rolls the GFI before the move to a new sqaure.

Ever going to be fixed?

It certainly isn't the tone nor the place to bring this up. If it's a bug report it using the proper channels as suggested.

And this way of demanding fixes is irritating. Remember this is a free to play site with no publicity and supported by volunteer work, especially that of 2 persons, who put in countless hours with little gain, and the community.

Couldn´t agree more, sounds so arrogant and "von Oben". Take your request through the proper channels like the rest of us does, and wait for an answer.

/Angry Dad

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
At the risk of making a comment without looking at the rules, the client is correct there, to the best of my recollection? I play a reasonable amount of Slann on TT, and have always played it that way bar one very early Slann v Slann match where we played it the way you describe. We decided afterwards we'd done it incorrectly.

Countdown to being proven wrong by rules quote: 3... 2...

I remember I asked on TFF and Darkson and Galak confirmed I was right.
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=23576&start=0

By the way, the rule is quite clear:

"In addition, the player can attempt to catch any pass, kick off or throw-in, but not bouncing ball, that would land in an empty square in one of his tackle zones as if it has landed in his own square without leaving his current square".

So, if I target an adjacent square to a Diving Catcher and my pass is accurate, the Diving Catcher should have a +1 to catch, while if I target an adjacent square and the pass is not accurate the Diving Catcher should have a +0 to catch the ball.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

From the clarifiactions

"If you throw an accurate pass to a square adjacent to a player with DC, that player gets +1 to catch because it is an accurate pass, so e.g. Ag3 would catch on a 3+. If the catch is successful however, the thrower does not get SPPs.

As per the rulebook, if the ball is thrown accurately to a player in the target square, the player in the target square with diving catch gets +2 in total, so Ag3 catches on 2+."

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I remember that thread and all of that confusing chat now. I agree with four years ago me, I was right there, I think!. Wink

The way the point / problem is framed confused me today as it did then. I'm across it. I think. Sorry for being confused above. Garion's post on page three sorted it out for me; only then did I properly twig on to what you meant.

(As for the 'NAF ruling', I'm sure the rule is play it properly. And that Darkson isn't a rules authority, but Tom's rulings are adhered to)

Last edited by Purplegoo on Apr 22, 2017 - 14:58; edited 2 times in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
From the clarifiactions

"If you throw an accurate pass to a square adjacent to a player with DC, that player gets +1 to catch because it is an accurate pass, so e.g. Ag3 would catch on a 3+. If the catch is successful however, the thrower does not get SPPs.

As per the rulebook, if the ball is thrown accurately to a player in the target square, the player in the target square with diving catch gets +2 in total, so Ag3 catches on 2+."

So the client is implementing Diving Catch wrongly, as I said.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess get it on the list (if it isn't already) and get voting! Wink
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to be sure before reporting.
Here we go!

https://fumbbl.com/p/bugs?id/92

Please vote it up, the more the better!
Thanks!
Very Happy
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 21:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

According to the NAF clarifications rerolls are possible on the direction roll too. Is this another fumbbl bug?

I think it'd be quite annoying if the "do you want to reroll" popped up at every step, but if it's in the rules...
tussock

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The only time you really want to RR direction is if you're wandering off the pitch or onto the ball, in my experience. Maybe if you hit your own player, but often that's part of the plan.

I don't think the GFI after the block is right. It costs you a square of movement to make the block with the B&C, then you follow up for free. The sequence is you must use all movement, and then may GFI for extra movement, and if any square of movement is into an occupied square then you don't move and must throw a block instead. Then must follow up if it's a push.

But the follow up is not a square of movement, it's the same deal as a Blitz action, you lose a square of movement and then get a block action, and the only detailed resolution of that in the game is you have to roll the GFI first.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
The only time you really want to RR direction is if you're wandering off the pitch or onto the ball, in my experience. Maybe if you hit your own player, but often that's part of the plan.

I don't think the GFI after the block is right. It costs you a square of movement to make the block with the B&C, then you follow up for free. The sequence is you must use all movement, and then may GFI for extra movement, and if any square of movement is into an occupied square then you don't move and must throw a block instead. Then must follow up if it's a push.

But the follow up is not a square of movement, it's the same deal as a Blitz action, you lose a square of movement and then get a block action, and the only detailed resolution of that in the game is you have to roll the GFI first.

As posted before, the NAF clarification on B&C stats to roll for GFI afterwards, so that's the official ruling.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Garion's post on page three sorted it out for me; only then did I properly twig on to what you meant.

Its nice to know I contribute something of use to the forums on occasion Razz

To the OP - As bugs go this will no doubt be pretty low priority because it does not break the game. Chill out and be thankful for the sites existence Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:

Sorry, but there is nothing really to discuss. The GFI rule clearly stats that you need to move your player an extra square, and then roll the 2+. And a Ball&Chains only moves, it does not blitz.
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:
Garion's post on page three sorted it out for me; only then did I properly twig on to what you meant.

Its nice to know I contribute something of use to the forums on occasion Razz

To the OP - As bugs go this will no doubt be pretty low priority because it does not break the game. Chill out and be thankful for the sites existence Smile

Yeah i know [insert big thumbs up!]

I love stunty leeg (and fumbbl), so this fix, would still be nice.
 Jump to: