47 coaches online • Server time: 13:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Why be nice to the CPOMB players? Really?

The negative of taking CPOMB was that for the vast majority of those players it was a 4 skill build. B/C/MB/PO. So they only had one skill at 76+ to diversify their build.

Let them stew in the skill path. Do not let them convert PO to a "good" skill like Guard or Tackle or Frenzy. They chose a path that was very limiting on skill choice in order to achieve the pinnacle of killing power.

Either do not replace Pile On or replace it with Dirty Player....that is my vote.

**BTW**

My fluff for converting Pile On to Dirty Player is very strong and should not be dismissed out of hand. What? you hate fluff?

Last edited by PainState on %b %16, %2017 - %17:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
fidius

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The other option is to actually activate the double-MB effect and grandfather it. It is still less killy than POMB, even if you only use PO on stuns.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

There is always Sneaky Git, then.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
There is always Sneaky Git, then.

no, no, no...They are enraged!!! they are not good at hiding their rage and get sneaky git. Need to buy into the fluff man.

Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Because this isn't a nerf that affects *only* cpomb players?

That's the main gripe most of the people I have seen griping about his have. It hits all teams, not just the teams which were 'the problem'.

In fact this actual change on FUMBBL is so much worse for the teams without S access since they get a useless skill replacement but also pay the extra 10k for having rolled the double.

If GW wanted to actually address CPOMB they could have done so in a multitude of different ways which didn't simultaneously wreck one of the few tools other teams have to counter them with.

It's a horrific decision frankly, as with most of the rest of them. Geared only towards dealing with short leagues and TT play generally.

So great, we all kind of understood that would be the focus, but it still looks like a huge middle finger to the online community who enjoy perpetual ladder play.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

It's a horrific decision frankly, as with most of the rest of them. Geared only towards dealing with short leagues and TT play generally.

So great, we all kind of understood that would be the focus, but it still looks like a huge middle finger to the online community who enjoy perpetual ladder play.

I agree.

The issue on FUMBBL is Christers stance on R/B.

The core rules are directed at TT gaming, weekend tournament of static resurrection play. With some rules for 8-12 game season of Hobby shop play.

Thus, the core rules focus is at complete 'odds' with the open play perpetual R/B play.

The rules that FUMBBL could implement in R/B to address issues that cause friction from the core rules are currently off the board because they fall in the rule book as optional league rules.

The coaches who are discussing and having issues with the new rules are the R/B coaches. League coaches just say, who cares? Christer is just going to implement all this stuff as optional for each individual league and we do not have to deal with it.

Now, it is up to Christer. I will not argue this point beyond this. It is what it is, all I can do is state my thoughts on it and move on.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Ahh, so basically you are saying the choice of Mighty Blow as a replacement was to be deliberately perverse? Makes sense now really...

Oscar Wilde
Desultory

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

CPOMB existed - people complain about CPOMB.
Pile on goes, people complain about pile on going.

I retired all of my pile on players.
But I didn't have any chaos type teams where >2 my players had pile on.
Surely this change only significantly effects teams that were kill teams and abusing the pile on rule?

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:

I retired all of my pile on players.
But I didn't have any chaos type teams where >2 my players had pile on.
Surely this change only significantly effects teams that were kill teams and abusing the pile on rule?

it kinda screws players like this: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8036675

That pay 30TV for a skill that does literally nothing.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but with new MVP rule its easy to skill up players, so its not so harsh to fire player if he has no stats like +st.
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres are those that suffer the most I think with this skill erased.
Any other skill permutation (Guard / Break Tackle / Jugg) would be a better (read less worse) switch I think.

And thanks again to Christer for showing the statistics of players with PO. Very interesting to be able to make / change / settle on a choice with those numbers.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand firm look like reasonable choice.
Daudy

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw the stats that Christer posted yesterday and I've been talking about it, but my vote is with licker to change it to Strong Arm.

It affects the least amount of players and achieves a similar concept in that it probably won't be too handy to most who get it. It might still get some use however, which helps particularly on those who naturally don't have S access (like elves) and would be otherwise be paying extra for an entirely unused MB double.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

It will be interesting to see how coaches adapt to the Pile On requires a Team Reroll.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:

Not that it matters at this point...

But yes, because nerfing, or simply outright removing, PO is quite possibly the dumbest way to address CPOMB. Removing PO is simply punishing everyone for the bad actions of a few, but it doesn't really make those few that greatly disadvantaged in the first place, relative to what it does to everyone else.

Desultory wrote:

No one was abusing anything (others may disagree). But the change much more significantly effects the non-M teams who now are that much worse at the attrition game.

M teams can still get armor breaks on rolls of 7 across the board. PO was a way for non M teams to increase their odds of playing the attrition game. Yes, PO for the CPOMBers meant they increased their ability to cause attrition that much more as well, but PO on everyone else was one of the few mechanisms they had available to try to counter and hurt the cpombers themselves.

What has been done is a simple decrease in attrition all around, when the decrease should likely have been targeted towards the kill stack combo. But who knows if that was the actual goal or not.
 Jump to: