45 coaches online • Server time: 16:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

"I don't think that they are doing this any more.
They have gone with the 'optional' PO requires a reroll."

So is this the current option then? Had a game yesterday where a Troll failed a loner roll to squander a reroll he used for piling on! Mind you it was a stunty game, dont know if rules are different there?
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm more worried about the positional re-naming that, in my humble opinion, IT'S A TOTAL DISASTER.
Bloater?
Koka Kalim?
Chosen?
Anointed?
Enslaved?

damn 13yo wannabe nerds squeezing names from their zit stains on their mirrors

koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Araznaroth wrote:
"I don't think that they are doing this any more.
They have gone with the 'optional' PO requires a reroll."

So is this the current option then? Had a game yesterday where a Troll failed a loner roll to squander a reroll he used for piling on! Mind you it was a stunty game, dont know if rules are different there?

The news page has not changed so I'd better just say that I have no idea what is going on for official divisions.

The league updates look great though. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah the new piling on is in effect in Box, and I presume ranked. Heck I am now going to have to get pro for my Rogre if he reaches superstar! :O

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The new options are not yet on the tournament edit page. Are they on their way?

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems much the more sensible option if that is the case to take the optional rule for PO.

Replacing with MB seemed like the most stupid possible choice lol. Though would it not be possible to remove PO from R and B and set it so next time a team goes through post game the players get a skill roll to make for a replacement skill?

DLE College 7s
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
Seems much the more sensible option if that is the case to take the optional rule for PO.

Replacing with MB seemed like the most stupid possible choice lol. Though would it not be possible to remove PO from R and B and set it so next time a team goes through post game the players get a skill roll to make for a replacement skill?

A lot of things are possible that are not considered feasible. Wink

Post 16 Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
I'm more worried about the positional re-naming that, in my humble opinion, IT'S A TOTAL DISASTER.
Bloater?
Koka Kalim?
Chosen?
Anointed?
Enslaved?

Runt!!! Sad

Renegade human lineman xD
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps we can do this? Leave the option for the coach to keep said player. If not allow a buy back option for the player. Retire said player and get player cost returned to the team so he can be replaced with a rookie player of the same position. I know that it is going to effect a lot of teams but perhaps this is the best way to handle it? I know a lot of teams have low cash and to retire a 2 skill 90k or higher player just isn't in the cards. Also giving up 20-30k for a double skill is just as crappy. That's why I think a return of cost for the player in question is fair.
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 17:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

FYI, I'm going to revise this decision. Further info coming once I've sorted the treasury problem that's posted on the front page.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

change the topic again!

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Christer posted the stats on comment on the news regarding what other skills piling on players have. As 69% have mighty blow already that is very obviously a poor replacement choice. Strong Arm is clearly a terrible option for most and thick skull would be a weird choice.
Of the others Grab and multiple block are not working on blitzes, and Juggernaut doesn't work on blocks. Quite a lot of piling on players have block too. Break tackle is poor for the many s3 Piling on players.

Guard is arguably the best strength skill other than mighty blow so certainly is a better choice due to less skill duplication. But still 37% have it already.

Stand firm would be my main other option over Guard as it is useful, doesn't have restrictions in its use clashing with other skills, and has a small ownership on piling on players.

From Christer-
33516 players have Piling On
23285 of these have Mighty Blow (69%)

12277 have guard (37%)
3341 have break tackle (10%)
2004 have juggernaut (6%)
1829 have stand firm (5%)
1362 have grab (4%)
1359 have multiple block (4%)
1232 have thick skull (4%)
254 have strong arm (1%)

Wow, it's hard to believe that there are more players with Piling On than have Mighty Blow. Or even if I'm reading this incorrectly, that ONLY 69% of Piling On players have Mighty Blow. I would have expected something closer to 80-85%. Are there really 10000 players that took Piling On before taking Mighty Blow?

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:

Are there really 10000 players that took Piling On before taking Mighty Blow?

Piling On is more effective than Mighty Blow if it's used every time.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The perfect solution would be indeed to let the coach select a new Strength skill after a game has been played.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
The perfect solution would be indeed to let the coach select a new Strength skill after a game has been played.

I agree about letting the coach selecting the new skill, but not necessarily a Strength skill.
Let the coaches pick from any allowed category to that player.
 Jump to: