51 coaches online • Server time: 23:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kummo

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

So.

Previously CPoMb and TPoMb (or CTPoMb with jump up and block) was the ideal killer route.

Skaven and UW could even opt for CTPoMb+jumpup+horns

--

Here are some questions i'd like to hear answers:

1) Without piling on, would you pick jump up at all?
2) Without piling on there is 1 skillslot (or 2 if you skip jump up too) free to use. What do you pick here instead?
3) On non-mutation blitzers what is your skillroute?
4) How about mutation access?
5) Elf blitzer rolls 2nd doubles. 1st time you picked mb, what is your 2nd skill pick on doubles?

--

If you have any other suggestions or any other ideas/opinions about this topic, please share your wisdom Smile

Last edited by kummo on %b %17, %2017 - %16:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
kummo

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Would human blitzer (and such non-mutation blitzers) opt for:

Mb+tackle+guard (and just keep firing and rerolling most of the blitzers to keep tv low)

And guys with mutation access:

Mb+tackle+claw+block+horns

Would most blockers look like this: guard+mb+stand firm ?

Is dodge any more viable?

With tackle increasing (because you skip piling on and jump up and pick it way earlier now) someone might disagree.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:

2) Without piling on there is 1 skillslot (or 2 if you skip jump up too) free to use. What do you pick here instead?
4) Elf blitzer rolls 2nd doubles. 1st time you picked mb, what is your 2nd skill pick on doubles?

1) No.
2) I would take either Tackle or Frenzy or Juggernaut or Guard.
3) Block, Mighty Blow, Tackle, Frenzy, Juggernaut, Pro.
4) Guard or Juggernaut (especially if the player has Frenzy).

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %17, %2017 - %16:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Danish_Dan

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I know it's not really a killer skill, but I would like to put stand firm in there somewhere.

A lot of people will want to hit a killer, and with standfirm, there's no pushing them away if you fail to knock them down. Instead you now get stuck, standing next to a killer.

This saves you a blitz to use on something else, and makes opponents far more hesitant to hit killers. Oh, and it goes well with frenzy for crowd surfing.

For me I would pick it over Jugg I think.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy Juggs is certainly going to see more use. We might also be seeing more Grab, and I'm giving a Wild Card to Dauntless, surprisingly useful on a hitter. But Guard beats them all, especially as without PO you'll actually be standing.
kummo

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

@Matt:

Pro was really good call, almost forgot.

Also after seeing your answers i noticed that i forgot to ask about mutation access killer build so i added it to OP.

@Dan:

I see SF working much better on teams that have easier access to guard or have higher str players around.

I wouldn't get SF on elf that has tackle and mighty blow unless i had at least 2 guards (and then against some opponents in some situations i would opt not to stay in contact).

With teams that have 4 str-access guys or more, like humans, i could see few of them having stand firm.

With Orcs, Dorfs and Chorfs i definitely see the point.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Human Blitzer will replace out Pile On with either Dauntless or Frenzy.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Or both. Or neither.

Frenzy isn't all good and there will be times where you forgo a blitz with them because you can't get a good block without risking stepping in a pile...
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Non PO killers will also revert to LRB4 form....Carry some DP. DP, even with just +1, is now once again the viable kill shot skill. yeah, you can get ejected BUT unlike C/MB you can auto break AV and get the +1 on injury roll bringing the odds back up to 9+ on injury check is a CAS.

The sun has risen over Khemri once again. A new golden age of DP has been reborn.

The thing with C/MB is you have to actually knock your foe down, then roll a AV check and then roll the 9+.

DP it is already assumed that the player is on the ground and passed his AV check. You line up a good DP shot you break AV on a 2+ 3+ or 4+.....golden shot for the CAS. IN BB2016..the best odds.

Last edited by PainState on %b %17, %2017 - %16:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
PainState wrote:

Or both. Or neither.

Frenzy isn't all good and there will be times where you forgo a blitz with them because you can't get a good block without risking stepping in a pile...

Well, if you do not like Frenzy..then take the poor mans Frenzy and take Pro instead.

Confused

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I already have enjoyed frenzy on some of my human blitzers, I just don't see people going above 2 per team because they do become unwieldy if your only blitz options are with frenzy players. Thank norse for teaching me that Wink
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:
4) How about mutation access?
5) Elf blitzer rolls 2nd doubles. 1st time you picked mb, what is your 2nd skill pick on doubles?

1) Really depends on the player. Khemri actually benefit from Jump Up without PO anyway for instance, but probably not.
2) Frenzy, Dauntless, Guard, juggernaut...Maybe Grab on some, stand firm - again depends on player. I used most of these skills anyway though, dropping "traditional" skills.
3) Block/mb/frenzy (tackle, if taking), juggernaut, stand firm. (guard if no tackle)
4) Beastman: block/mb/claw/frenzy/tackle/juggernaut (may also drop tackle and take two heads on 1, or stand firm) lots and lots of options here
Skaven SV: mb/claw/tackle/frenzy/juggernaut (horns)
mb/claw/tackle/dauntless/guard/pro

UW Basically see skaven, but guaranteed horns. Didn't ever PO the troll either anyway.

Cdorks? G/MB, (claw), stand firm, frenzy (dauntless or horns).

5)Juggernaut/Guard or skip most likely.

I like frenzy, so it's going to be appearing a lot for me, but it always kind of did. Really, not much change.

I'll probably never take SF on a killer player with access to sidestep, can say that though. Or vice versa.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

With mutations: Horns, frenzy/pro

Without: Frenzy, pro
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Modern killer build:
Tentaclese
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
Modern killer build:
Tentaclese