17 coaches online • Server time: 07:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
Could using this advantage be seen as bug abuse?

No. It is the rules.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
So much for the amnesty!

Lol Smile

why would you expect any different from this guy?

at least his 1000 TV w/ a clawpomb gambit will soon be over.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Harad wrote:

May I suggest that we have a collective agreement not to abuse this rule.

hahahahahahahahahhhhahahah /choke

It was nice for the 3 seconds it lasted Smile
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:
So much for the amnesty!

Lol Smile

why would you expect any different from this guy?

at least his 1000 TV w/ a clawpomb gambit will soon be over.

I didn't say I would expect anything different Smile

Anyway, it'll all sort itself out eventually, but there are going to be some rough waters during the transition phase ...

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't even play Akarenton and his Cranberries ! He has twice my bank !!
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like it could have gone smoother if we could have signalled the changes and then implemented the new bank rule and the expensive mistakes rule at the same time. That way people would know they need to dump their treasury before then (similar to what they're doing now) but they would still get even games in the meantime (if they dumped their money, both teams would get that million).
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

started a thread for people in R that want to spend their gold in a fairer manner:

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=28900

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Sutherlands wrote:
Seems like it could have gone smoother if we could have signalled the changes and then implemented the new bank rule and the expensive mistakes rule at the same time. That way people would know they need to dump their treasury before then (similar to what they're doing now) but they would still get even games in the meantime (if they dumped their money, both teams would get that million).

If they really wanted to dump money with out acting like complete douche bags then they could have bought and sold RR's in the post match sequence.

Of just ask me, I'll happily take gold away from teams if asked by the owner of team.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Fanky wrote:

Laughing +1
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Fanky wrote:

LEEEEEE_LLLLAAAAAAAAAA

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Another thought: Do you really want to get rid of the money in all cases?

It's not like a) having a lot of money is punished on its own by Expensive Mistakes (except that you can more easily lose most of it than with something like 200-400k) or b) Expensive Mistakes guarantee the loss of most of your treasury!

If you roll lucky (i.e. 5 or 6) you'll only lose 10-30k per match. And even losing half of it (rolling 4) is not bad if you have millions. So even with (far) more than 500k, you have a 50% chance not to lose most of it. If I had such a team (my richest team has 430k) I'd probably just keep the money and see what happens. Depends a bit on the race and the shape of the team, obviously. But the races/teams that hoard money usually do it because they rarely replace players, so taking the risk of the sudden drop might well be worth the chance to still have plenty to spend, especially when you're doing tournaments.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

there are teams around with several milions. Half of it is still several millions. I'd rather spend those Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
Sutherlands wrote:

If they really wanted to dump money with out acting like complete douche bags then they could have bought and sold RR's in the post match sequence.

Of just ask me, I'll happily take gold away from teams if asked by the owner of team.

I take issue with the idea that anyone who doesn't play how you want them to is a douchebag. But beyond that, regardless of how somoene ELSE wants to play (which you can't control), we would have had more fair games in the meantime.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I've never said that's how I want them to play so don't try to twist my words.

I'm a firm believer that if the rules allow it you can do it.

But I also believe that if you are going to use 1mil in treasurey money against a gobbo team with nothing in the bank then that's a pretty douchey move.